Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

US PS Blog (but I assume these are coming to EU too)
    As you may have heard, thatgamecompany’s Flower is coming to PS Vita. Today I am happy to officially announce that it is also coming to PS4 and that both versions will launch on November 15th. Now this beautiful, meditative game can be experienced at 1080p and 60fps.

I’m also excited to tell you that Sound Shapes, the ground-breaking musical platformer from Queasy Games, will also be joining Flower in the PS4 launch line-up on November 15th.

Flower isn’t the only thatgamecompany title making its way to new places. We are also bringing flOw to PS Vita and PS4. This is the first game TGC released — the one that started it all. It will release for both PS4 and PS Vita on November 29th.

But wait, that’s not all. Escape Plan, the dark, funny PS Vita survival game from Fun Bits Interactive, will be making the jump to the big screen and will launch on PS4 on November 29th. We have spent a lot of time reworking the controls for DualShock 4, and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on it.

Finally, these are all Cross-Buy games, meaning if you buy it once, you’ll be able to download it for free on any available system. Oh, and one more thing: if you have purchased these games previously on PlayStation Store, they will be available to you when they release on PS4 or PS Vita at no additional charge.
    Enjoy!

Four free games for me then! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

ccull123 wrote: »
    Never ordered from this crowd before. are the ok to deal with? how long does it take for an order to arrive?

i ordered a game from them about 2 years ago for ps3 and it was fine. i dont remember the time it took to arrive though. im interested in what other people have to say about delivery times though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i ordered a game from them about 2 years ago for ps3 and it was fine. i dont remember the time it took to arrive though. im interested in what other people have to say about delivery times though

Posted this earlier
    Been using them for years, they are great and you save about 20 quid with them, anytime I have gotten anything it has taken around 7 days, have ordered stuff on a Saturday and it arrived the following Friday, the longest anything has ever taken was 10 days, never had any customs issues with them either.

So as it stands, these are the 39 PS4 Launch titles

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag (Retail & PSN)
    Basement Crawl (PSN)
    Battlefield 4 (Retail & PSN) – Will release early on November 12th in US/Canada
    Blacklight: Retribution (PSN)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts (Retail & PSN)
    Contrast (PSN)
    CounterSpy (PSN)
    DC Universe Online (PSN)
    Divekick (PSN)
    Doki-Doki Universe (PSN)
    DriveClub (Retail & PSN)
    Escape Plan (PSN – Cross Buy) – November 29th in US/Canada/Europe
    FIFA 14 (Retail & PSN) – Will release early on November 12th in US/Canada
    flOw (PSN – Cross Buy) – November 29th in US/Canada/Europe
    Flower (PSN – Cross Buy)
    Hohokum (PSN)
    Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (Retail & PSN) – Will release early on November 12th in US/Canada
    Killzone: Shadow Fall (Retail & PSN)
    Knack (Retail & PSN)
    Just Dance 2014 (Retail & PSN)
    LEGO Marvel Superheroes (Retail & PSN)
    Madden 25 (Retail & PSN) – Will release early on November 12th in US/Canada
    Minecraft (PSN)
    N++ (PSN)
    NBA 2K14 (Retail & PSN)
    NBA Live 14 (Retail & PSN) – November 19th in US/Canada
    Need for Speed: Rivals (Retail & PSN) – November 22nd in US/Canada
    Pinball Arcade (PSN)
    Planetside 2 (PSN)
    Pool Nation Extreme (PSN)
    Putty Squad (PSN) – EU only as of now
    ResoGun (PSN)
    Skylanders: Swap Force (Retail & PSN)
    Sound Shapes (PSN – Cross Buy)
    Super Motherload (PSN)
    The PlayRoom (Bundled free with every PS4)
    Tiny Brains (PSN)
    Warframe (PSN)
    War Thunder (PSN)

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/novemberdecember-2013-ps4-launch-titles-launch-countries-game-release-dates/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

How much is shipping from videogameplus.ca to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone planning on playing BF4 should give Planetside 2 a go first when they get their PS4, the game is free as well and handles micro transactions well if you have any will power.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    How much is shipping from videogameplus.ca to Ireland?

About a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Demo Kiosks in U.S. rolling out now. I wonder if we will seethese in Ireland. :(

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/63707/ps4-demo-kiosks-available-in-stores-starting-today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They'll HAVE TO put insides into the PS4's now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could they be down another launch title?
    Possible Driveclub delay
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/16/driveclub-allegedly-delayed-to-2014

Not 100% confirmed though.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Could they be down another launch title?
    Possible Driveclub delay
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/16/driveclub-allegedly-delayed-to-2014

Not 100% confirmed though.

That's a bitch if it ends up being true, have no real interest in any of the games now with watchdogs being delayed as well, except maybe knack, thankfully a lot of the PSN games interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not forgetting Driveclub, or a version of it, was meant to be a PS Plus title at launch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

people need to stop delaying goddamned video games this week! i have the flu and i do NOT want to be changing pages at 1am on a Thursday morning

Knack a shoo in for PS+ coz of this then you all reckon?

I didn't want Drive Club until they said I can't have it. They'll have to fill the free game (version) void with something. Or hype all the F2P games.

I didn't want Drive Club until they said I can't have it. They'll have to fill the free game (version) void with something. Or hype all the F2P games.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

It's Rumour, although strange that a lot of the Biggest gaming sites are running with it. I'll wait until i heard it officially before getting slightly disappointed. Then happy again knowing i've all the PS+ stuff like Resogun and the F2P stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If Driverclub is delayed it'll still be a plus game and they might replace it's free version with an alternative until it is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

So PS$ units are available to play in stores in the US. Do you think they will be coming here soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

srumball wrote: »
    So PS$ units are available to play in stores in the US. Do you think they will be coming here soon?

I won't play on one I like the excitement of opening that brand new console and not knowing to much about it and not knowing what to expect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I changed over to the killzone bundle on amazon and ill get assains creed too I think.

King Krib wrote: »

Hmmmm yeah we were talking about this last night on the previous page, thank god for the PSN games otherwise I would have nothing really enjoyable to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Xenji wrote: »
    Hmmmm yeah we were talking about this last night on the previous page, thank god for the PSN games otherwise I would have nothing really enjoyable to play.

I'll be happy with killzone and fifa 14, will probably pick up assains creed 4 too

I'll be happy with killzone and fifa 14, will probably pick up assains creed 4 too

I will be happy with CounterSpy, Contrast, Hohokum, Tiny Brains and Escape Plan. Will have Killzone from the bundle and that might rekindle my interest in shooters, but I doubt it, and will probably pick up Knack. It is a pity we do not have any good rpgs, action games ( AC in my opinion is overrated and boring ) or fighting games coming out at launch, think it is the first launch were we have had no Tekken game.

It looks like Battlefield 4 will be the first cross platform game that will give us a comparison between the PS4 and X1 and will also show if there is any disparities between the two consoles.
    Battlefield 4 is already being cross-examined across current and next-gen formats by tech fans. It’s a practice executive producer Patrick Bach feels will never go away, but he’s not prepared to settle for format parity just to appease those who feel left out. That’s the “coward’s way out,” he says.

“It was like, you should compare it to other games on the same platform. And people said, ‘OK but still – why doesn’t it look as good as on PC? You don’t care about the consoles.’ Well, we’re pushing your hardware as hard as we can, and I’m quite certain that we’ll get that this summer as well – because we are pushing the PC, we’re pushing the Xbox One and we’re pushing the PS4, and also making sure that the Xbox 360 and PS3 software looks amazing, way better than it did for Battlefield 3.

“People will still bring it up. We’ll still get the comparison videos, where somebody will judge us based on that, rather than comparing us to other games on the platforms. You could take the coward’s way out, and just set the bar at Xbox 360 and PS3, and make it so that all games look the same on all platforms, but that’s not who we are. We want to do our best with the hardware.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/17/battlefield-4-making-it-look-the-same-on-all-formats-is-cowards-way-out-says-dice/

I think I'm going to leave the PS4 now till next year.

Watch dogs was the only game I was really excited in getting.

The other game i would have gotten was Fifa 14 but I dont trust EA to put out a good game after the ****ness of Fifa 14 on current gen.

I would have gotten Killzone as well cause it came with the bundle i had pre ordered but that was more for the extra controller and camera cause I'm not a big FPS fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

The other game i would have gotten was Fifa 14 but I dont trust EA to put out a good game after the ****ness of Fifa 14 on current gen.

I would have gotten Killzone as well cause it came with the bundle i had pre ordered but that was more for the extra controller and camera cause I'm not a big FPS fan.

I'm beginning to think the same myself.
    Watchdogs and AC4 were the only games that interested me and with one postponed and the other looking meh I might just leave it for now.

Plus I have a sh*t load of PS3 games to catch up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I think Fifa will be worth a punt on next Gen. On current gen the game really opens up on say semi pro rather than professional. I thought it made a huge difference. It's not necessarily any easier but more playable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

King Krib wrote: »
    I think Fifa will be worth a punt on next Gen. On current gen the game really opens up on say semi pro rather than professional. I thought it made a huge difference. It's not necessarily any easier but more playable.

Professional is a **** difficulty. it always seems out of place compared to the other difficultlies you have far more freedom in semi-pro and world class than Profesional in my experience

• Advertisement

I'm beginning to think the same myself.
    Watchdogs and AC4 were the only games that interested me and with one postponed and the other looking meh I might just leave it for now.

Plus I have a sh*t load of PS3 games to catch up with.

Another reason Ill hold off.

I haven't even played The last of us yet :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement