Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Klair88 wrote: »
    It's Rumour, although strange that a lot of the Biggest gaming sites are running with it. I'll wait until i heard it officially before getting slightly disappointed.

sony removed the IGC link for driveclub from PSN yesterday which is quite telling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

*reads posts*

*sees people talking about driving games and GTA clones*

*fails to see people eagerly awaiting Battlefield 4*

*re-reads, as this can't be true*

- dismayed -

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Personally I can't stand 95% of FPS games and Battlefield definitely falls into that 95%.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

And also there's a BF4 thread and also a Battlefield forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mozattack wrote: »
    *reads posts*

- dismayed -

Actually mentioned BF4 on the previous page :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

mozattack wrote: »
    *reads posts*

- dismayed -

Driveclub and Watch Dogs are such unoriginal formats. I should run out and go buy a first person shooter for a unique and refreshing change of pace!

???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I haven't even played The last of us yet :eek:

I'm not angry with you... I'm just disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Another reason Ill hold off.

I haven't even played The last of us yet :eek:

Same as. It's next on my list, after I finish Far Cry 3.
    Just waiting for a price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Same as. It's next on my list, after I finish Far Cry 3.
    Just waiting for a price drop.
    I think gona be waiting long time before that happens say 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I just want to get the purchase of a PS4 out of the way so I can concentrate on things like Food and Heating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

rob808 wrote: »
    I think gona be waiting long time before that happens say 4 years.

4 years before The Last Of Us drops in price ???

4 years before The Last Of Us drops in price ???

You will be able to pick it up on Zavvi for about €25 come December, they always seem to offer the years big games dirt cheap around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

what about driveclub getting delayed til Spring 2014 ?

I'm a bit disappointed as it was going to be free with PS+. Either Sony is going to replace it with another PS4 game or you can pick it up later on PS+. Personally I hope you can pick it up at a later date for free as although I would not buy the game on its own I would like to own it compared to some of the other PS4 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

They'll probably replace it with Knack..would much prefer Driveclub though:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It'd be much easier to do a "free version" or "Plus version" whatever it was called, of a car game than something like Knack. They can hardly leave off the later levels, the way they could with cars and tracks from Drive Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭siblers

http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-cost-r-4000-brazil-sony-announces-playstation-4-launch-date-price-brazilian-gamers-outraged
    As much as i'd want a ps4, I could not justify paying anywhere near that kinda money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

siblers wrote: »
    http://www.ibtimes.com/ps4-cost-r-4000-brazil-sony-announces-playstation-4-launch-date-price-brazilian-gamers-outraged
    As much as i'd want a ps4, I could not justify paying anywhere near that kinda money.

Our 23% VAT doesn't look so bad now compared to the 72% console tax that Brazil has.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Just had to change my bundle with Amazon as I'd ordered Watchdog's pack previously. Went with the Mega bundle (KZ:SF, 2 controllers and PS eye) for £429. Not too excited about Killzone to be honest, seems like another boring generic fps. Think I'll wait for the reviews to come out to see if I'll bother getting it this year or cancel and wait until 2014. I've got plenty of PS3 games (and a new vita on the way) so I've plenty to keep me busy.
    It's a real shame that there doesn't seem to be a must have innovative and original title for launch.
    Is there much use for the ps-eye? I remember seeing a few gimmicky videos months ago but nothing really since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Our 23% VAT doesn't look so bad now compared to the 72% console tax that Brazil has.:eek:

even with that tax added on, it still doesnt add up to the amount sony are asking.
    sony over priced the console over their
    I thought M$ were greedy jesus christ :pac:

Issac wrote: »
    Just had to change my bundle with Amazon as I'd ordered Watchdog's pack previously. Went with the Mega bundle (KZ:SF, 2 controllers and PS eye) for £429. Not too excited about Killzone to be honest, seems like another boring generic fps. Think I'll wait for the reviews to come out to see if I'll bother getting it this year or cancel and wait until 2014. I've got plenty of PS3 games (and a new vita on the way) so I've plenty to keep me busy.
    It's a real shame that there doesn't seem to be a must have innovative and original title for launch.
    Is there much use for the ps-eye? I remember seeing a few gimmicky videos months ago but nothing really since.

Have a look at the games being offered on the PSN, if you like indie games you have a lot of choices, some games are far more interesting then the launch titles like Contrast and Resogun.

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I thought M$ were greedy jesus christ pacman.gif

Fear not, they're still leading the line in that regard, at least.
    JNot too excited about Killzone to be honest, seems like another boring generic fps.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Eye early on, anyway. You're probably right about it possibly being gimmicky. I'll only have one because it comes with the bundle. If you're not into Killzone, you may get a decent price on trade in for it, as it's a physical copy, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xenji wrote: »
    Have a look at the games being offered on the PSN, if you like indie games you have a lot of choices, some games are far more interesting then the launch titles like Contrast and Resogun.

Ya they look cool. I like Rime too, looks great but none of these say next-gen really. I know they're indie games and really look forward to playing them, but I can wait until next year for them. I really want a kick ass, budget blowing, "look at what my new toy can do" type of game for launch and I just don't think KZ is it. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong and it will be class.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold out much hope for the Eye early on, anyway. You're probably right about it possibly being gimmicky. I'll only have one because it comes with the bundle. If you're not into Killzone, you may get a decent price on trade in for it, as it's a physical copy, as far as I know.

I thought it was a digital copy (don't know where I read that but I think I saw it mentioned here, could be wrong). If it is a physical copy then happy days with the trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

siblers wrote: »

Importing games and consoles must be very popular in Brazil. The taxes are nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I thought it was a digital copy (don't know where I read that but I think I saw it mentioned here, could be wrong). If it is a physical copy then happy days with the trade in.

It is a physical copy from what I've heard but again most people are trying for one of the Killzone bundles and then a lot more will be getting it day one, so since potential market of those who've not got it will be low and hence trade in prices will be low.

You might be right. There seems to be two bundles.
    Sony announced two new PS4 bundles starring Killzone: Shadow Fall which are exclusive to Europe. Both options were revealed on the European PlayStation Blog today. The first set includes the standard PS4 and DualShock 4 controller as well as a physical copy of Killzone: Shadow Fall for €439 (about £370). The second packs in all that and an additional controller and PS4 Camera for €499 (about £420).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The reason it's not a digital version is that it's rumored to be around a 50gb download. Sony know very few have a good enough connection or high enough cap for that. The amount of people opening it up on christmas morning and start the download would be lucky to have it by new years.:D Sad but true for alot of people.

The reason it's not a digital version is that it's rumored to be around a 50gb download. Sony know very few have a good enough connection or high enough cap for that. The amount of people opening it up on christmas morning and start the download would be lucky to have it by new years.:D Sad but true for alot of people.

Youch! They should, I dunno, pre-install it on the bundle consoles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Surprised to see an email from amazon on the bundles as I pre ordered in Septemeber.

Still I picked Bundle 3 but I'm not really feeling next gen at the moment. The games I'd like to play in particular would be the witness and Infamous and neither of them are out till early next year.

And still some great content to come with TLoU DLC, Bioshock DLC and Dark Souls 2.

Nothing against the likes of Octodad, Resogun, Killzone etc.. but I'm just not sure at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement