Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

The reason it's not a digital version is that it's rumored to be around a 50gb download. Sony know very few have a good enough connection or high enough cap for that. The amount of people opening it up on christmas morning and start the download would be lucky to have it by new years.:D Sad but true for alot of people.

Ya, I'm in the process of upgrading my broadband at the minute, going from Meteor dongle to UPC Fiber 50 Mb. Will still take a few hours to download 50 Gb but should be acceptable (depending on the speed of Sony's server). Going to have quite a few PS+ titles to download by the time all's said and done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Varik wrote: »
    It is a physical copy from what I've heard but again most people are trying for one of the Killzone bundles and then a lot more will be getting it day one, so since potential market of those who've not got it will be low and hence trade in prices will be low.

Gamestop will not be taking killzone as trade in. Smart move. There will be tons of KZ out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Gamestop will not be taking killzone as trade in. Smart move. There will be tons of KZ out there.

Yep, my local manager told me that the game will come as a physical game, but there'll be no Barcode on it so you can't trade it in. (To Gamestop, at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yep, my local manager told me that the game will come as a physical game, but there'll be no Barcode on it so you can't trade it in. (To Gamestop, at least)
    Who would bother trade it in GameStop since they give very little anyways and charge high prices for second hand games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

rob808 wrote: »
    Who would bother trade it in GameStop since they give very little anyways and charge high prices for second hand games

They are getting a bit better, got €58 back for the collectors edition of GTA V and €42 for Tales of Xillia, plus if you trade in a game and put it towards your PS4 order you get 25% extra, I have my PS4 Bundle payed off now and it has been all payed off by trading in games. Got a 3TB Hard Drive as well and copied all the games before trading them in, as I jailbroke my PS3 over the weekend, do not feel so bad copying a previous generations games, did the same with the PS2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Drive club has been pushed back until 2014 the instant game collection will have resogun and contrast at launch.

Drive club has been pushed back until 2014 the instant game collection will have resogun and contrast at launch.

Best news I have heard so far this week games wise, was looking forward to those two games more then any other launch title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

New footage in GT.TV of Killzone and a bit more info on game itself. I have to say I am more and more excited about Shadowfall.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/h2m36j/gt-tv-killzone-shadow-fall

• Advertisement

PS4 demo kiosk

ps4-demo-kiosk-450x600.jpg

Xenji wrote: »
    PS4 demo kiosk

ps4-demo-kiosk-450x600.jpg

THAT WATCHDOG LOOKS AMAZING! :pac:

Edit: THAT DRIVE CLUB TOO! :pac:

THAT WATCHDOG LOOKS AMAZING! :pac:

Edit: THAT DRIVE CLUB TOO! :pac:

Yeah they are still on it, actually want to have a play of them when it comes to here, must not be to long now to wait with it being rolled out in the UK and see how they look now and play compared to when they actually get released.

Yeah they are still on it, actually want to have a play of them when it comes to here, must not be to long now to wait with it being rolled out in the UK and see how they look now and play compared to when they actually get released.

I doubt my local Gamestop will have a Demo Kiosk. No point in it really as everything booked out to tits. I doubt there will be many in Ireland anyway.

These cancelations dont really effect my ps4 purchase anyway. Watch dogs was the game I was looking least. I dont know why, but I am completely Meh about it. I am a big Racing game Junky, but I did not got excited about Drive Club at all. It must be due to it being more of arcade game then Sim. So like I said, not much loss for me at all.
    I know a lot of people are moaning about cancellations, but I better see game delayed and made good, then rushed and be completely ass. Some people even "threaten" to cancel their PS4 preorders. I can honestly say the lads in queue will say thanks for the Cancellations! :)

Besides getting Res0gun and Contrast now free with the instant game collection to make up for the Drive Club delay, on the 28th and 29th of December you can play the multiplayer of Killzone for free for those who will not be picking up the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone know what the margin is on the PS4 for retailers... 20%? Anyone know for certain?

This is purely out of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/17/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-set-to-invade-ps4/

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls set to invade PS4

My decision to hold off buying D3 for the PS3 is paying off!

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone know what the margin is on the PS4 for retailers... 20%? Anyone know for certain?

Remember hearing it is very low plus it is a blanket price in the EU, it is the games they make the money on.

No way retailers getting 20% cut of ps4. Most likely going to be feck all. Retailers don't make much on hardware sales.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/17/diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-set-to-invade-ps4/

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls set to invade PS4

My decision to hold off buying D3 for the PS3 is paying off!

Well, they will launch stand alone Diablo 3 first anyway. The expansion version wount be launched till next year anyway. So this holding back did not payed off yet m8 ;). Unless you plan on holding off all the way to " it's ready when's ready ".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Closer to 2% based of the last batch of launches

They make all their money from accessories at a console launch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Well, they will launch stand alone Diablo 3 first anyway. The expansion version wount be launched till next year anyway. So this holding back did not payed off yet m8 ;). Unless you plan on holding off all the way to " it's ready when's ready ".

bla-bla-bla-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-170.gif
    :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Normal practise tbh afaik theres a huge tax on games consoles in brazil

the PS2 was retailing at €500-600 a couple of years back iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For all of ye wanting to see the internals of the ps4, check out this site

http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cbs-News-Playstation-4-7712087.html

They are doing some tests on it like fan noise and how to replace the HDD. I'm sure they'll be doing more in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ah.. while obviously extremely expensive.. How is the xbox one $850 dollars cheapre than the PS4. Bit of a gamble from Sony there.

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah.. while obviously extremely expensive.. How is the xbox one $850 dollars cheapre than the PS4. Bit of a gamble from Sony there.

For companies bringing videogames to Brazil, you must pay federal taxes - import tax, PIS, COFINS and IPI (excise tax) - and state - as the GST. Because of this, the import tax makes video games have 164% of its value taxed on taxes.

They are importing the PS4 consoles from Japan into Brazil which leads to more tax on the console, compared to the X1 which is being imported into Brazil from the US and we all know how much the value of the dollar had dropped.

According to Sony Brazil to G1 , "60-70% of the final price of the PS4 corresponds to the country import taxes."

Also according to the Japanese company's statement released to the press, the PS4 games will have suggested retail price of $ 180.

In Euros the console will be €624 and games will be €60.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jaffusmax wrote: »
    How much is shipping from videogameplus.ca to Ireland?
    About a fiver.

Are VGP fairly quick delivering to Ireland do you know?

Are VGP fairly quick delivering to Ireland do you know?

Yeah you will get it in around 7-9 days, have ordered stuff on a saturday and it has arrived on the following friday, nothing that I can recall has taken over 9 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

These cancelations dont really effect my ps4 purchase anyway. Watch dogs was the game I was looking least. I dont know why, but I am completely Meh about it. I am a big Racing game Junky, but I did not got excited about Drive Club at all. It must be due to it being more of arcade game then Sim. So like I said, not much loss for me at all.
    I know a lot of people are moaning about cancellations, but I better see game delayed and made good, then rushed and be completely ass. Some people even "threaten" to cancel their PS4 preorders. I can honestly say the lads in queue will say thanks for the Cancellations! :)

I can see where you are coming from if you weren't interested in Watchdogs and or Drive Club, but for those of us that were then it is a disappointment. Yes I'd prefer that they delay the release of the game and make it as good as they can before release - it'll just probably man that I also wait until then to purchase. No big "Screw you Sony I'm cancelling my preorder!" more "OK I'm not interested in yet another generic FPS so I'm just going to postpone my purchase, thanks very much". If KZ does turn out to be great then I'll keep my pre-order otherwise I'll just wait a while, without feeling that I'm missing anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement