Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah you will get it in around 7-9 days, have ordered stuff on a saturday and it has arrived on the following friday, nothing that I can recall has taken over 9 days.

:-D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Issac wrote: »
    I can see where you are coming from if you weren't interested in Watchdogs and or Drive Club, but for those of us that were then it is a disappointment. Yes I'd prefer that they delay the release of the game and make it as good as they can before release - it'll just probably man that I also wait until then to purchase. No big "Screw you Sony I'm cancelling my preorder!" more "OK I'm not interested in yet another generic FPS so I'm just going to postpone my purchase, thanks very much". If KZ does turn out to be great then I'll keep my pre-order otherwise I'll just wait a while, without feeling that I'm missing anything.

Well, if a person preorders a whole console just for one game and is not asian :pac:, then he is not doing it very smart. You buying a console for a lot of money, so you do need to think about, why are you getting it and will you get use of it. If you are already debating to keep preorder or let it go just because one game got delayed, then I will question if you even need the whole console in the first place at all. You might as well cancel your preorder and give someone in line ps4, who really wants it.

The whole "moaning" about cancellation of ps4 preorders just because Watchdogs got pushed back is just silly. Most likely most ( not all ) "moaners" realised they put 20eu on a console back in the day and now getting a bit worried that they will need to dish out the rest 400-500eu very soon. So now they look for excuse not to get ps4.
    If you dont want to buy ps4 or cant afford - fair enough. Saying that Ps4/xbox one is not worth it now because 1 game got delayed is just silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

its not about if we want PS4 for one game ... its about if we need it now since games on it aren't great and most likely rushed ..

The question is if it wouldn't be smarter to buy it in March/April .. My brain says March/April but I'm also incredibly not patient :)

I will keep my preorder but I am not 100% happy with games as there isn't much for me. If you like battlefield or fifa it is easy decision

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

198321 wrote: »
    its not about if we want PS4 for one game ... its about if we need it now since games on it aren't great and most likely rushed ..

The question is if it wouldn't be smarter to buy it in March/April .. My brain says March/April but I'm also incredibly not patient :)

I will keep my preorder but I am not 100% with games as there isn't much for me. If you like battlefield or fifa it is easy decision

There are 39 games to choose from on launch day, i cannot fathom how a person cannot find something that will entertain them, plus you have another 20 out by the end of March, barring any more delays of course :pac:

I am missing a fighting game, as my mates play them a lot at parties, none play fifa or fps just like myself, and missing a good RPG, but like the look of about 5-6 of the indie games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

There are 39 games to choose from on launch day, i cannot fathom how a person cannot find something that will entertain them, plus you have another 20 out by the end of March, barring any more delays of course :pac:

I am missing a fighting game, as my mates play them a lot at parties, none play fifa or fps just like myself, and missing a good RPG, but like the look of about 5-6 of the indie games.

i like open world games like watch dogs .. I am casual player so not interested by indie games (they look like PS2 games) If I want to play games like that there are millions of them for PC at the moment, don't need PS4 for that. Assasins creed 4 gets close to what I like, but I am little bit bored by AC. Not into driving or FPS. I like games like tomb raider or the last of us. So I understand some people are happy with games on release, but there are many many people that are not. But I know we can't have everything on day 1. PS4 is going to be awesome, just not on release day for me ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I agree with pretty much all the 198321 has said in the last couple of posts.
    Well, if a person preorders a whole console just for one game and is not asian :pac:, then he is not doing it very smart. You buying a console for a lot of money, so you do need to think about, why are you getting it and will you get use of it. If you are already debating to keep preorder or let it go just because one game got delayed, then I will question if you even need the whole console in the first place at all. You might as well cancel your preorder and give someone in line ps4, who really wants it.

The whole "moaning" about cancellation of ps4 preorders just because Watchdogs got pushed back is just silly. Most likely most ( not all ) "moaners" realised they put 20eu on a console back in the day and now getting a bit worried that they will need to dish out the rest 400-500eu very soon. So now they look for excuse not to get ps4.
    If you dont want to buy ps4 or cant afford - fair enough. Saying that Ps4/xbox one is not worth it now because 1 game got delayed is just silly.

I think most people that have preordered the console do actually want it. I'm saying that personally I'm not too interested in kz, bf, fifa or ac and that watchdogs was the only major (not indie) title that was exciting me from the launch titles. I absolutely want a next gen console (i've had consoles since the mid 80's!), but may hold off until a title that actually interests me is published and not just settle for whatever is released at launch. I'll put it thus way, I wouldn't buy any of the ps4 launch titles on the ps3 so I won't upgrade to a ps4 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm not too put out by the Watch_Dogs delay. I was not intending to get it this year anyway. The delay of DriveClub is a little more disappointing, mainly because of the loss of the PS+ edition.

It means now I'm interested in seeing what NFS: Rivals is like. If it is more like a sequel to 2010's Hot Pursuit than last years Most Wanted then I will probably get it.

I'm not too put out by the Watch_Dogs delay. I was not intending to get it this year anyway. The delay of DriveClub is a little more disappointing, mainly because of the loss of the PS+ edition.

It means now I'm interested in seeing what NFS: Rivals is like. If it is more like a sequel to 2010's Hot Pursuit than last years Most Wanted then I will probably get it.

You have Contrast and Res0gun now on PS plus to make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I gotta agree with 198321 also. I look at it this way, come Christmas I know I'd be playing GTA or TLOU rather than any of the PS4 games. Same for Xbox 1. I've actually pre-ordered both consoles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im dissapointed watch dogs is delayed too but i wouldnt moan about it because theirs so many other games coming out at launch and its a fricken PS4 so theirs lots to be excited about with or without watchdogs. were going to get a better watchdogs in may than the one they intended on releasing in november so cant complain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else getting assassins creed 4?having only played ac 1 and getting bored of that fairly quick,I've been reading up on ac 4 and it sounds very interestimg .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

AC1 was ass, if ya ask me. They've been fairly good since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Anyone else getting assassins creed 4?having only played ac 1 and getting bored of that fairly quick,I've been reading up on ac 4 and it sounds very interestimg .

I'd really recommend getting 2. It's a massive leap from 1, which felt more like a tech demo. 2 and Brotherhood are in my opinion the best of the series, before franchise fatigue started setting in with me. I'm going to wait and see with AC4 to see is it much of an improvement over 3, which I felt was good but took too long to get going and was buggy and felt pretty empty at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I loved ACII. I'm currently playing Revelations and have III to play yet. Won't be getting the PS4 for another few years yet anyway so I'll be playing IV on the PS3.

I played first one. It pushed me off any AC franchise for good. Then I got AC3 on PS+. Played it for 2 hours and did not played it again.

Saying all this, I am really interested in AC4. It look really cool. Discovering Islands, Pirating.... damn... I would love some Booty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I played first one. It pushed me off any AC franchise for good. Then I got AC3 on PS+. Played it for 2 hours and did not played it again.

Saying all this, I am really interested in AC4. It look really cool. Discovering Islands, Pirating.... damn... I would love some Booty!!!

I love Booty too, the bigger the better the sweeter the juuiiccceeeeee!
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone know what the margin is on the PS4 for retailers... 20%? Anyone know for certain?

This is purely out of interest.

It is closer to 20€ than 20%. Retailers makes next to nothing on consoles, manufacturers lose money in most cases for the first few years until their costs come down, even then that is matched by price drops. Hardware is expensive, they make the money from the game licences.

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I love Booty too, the bigger the better the sweeter the juuiiccceeeeee!
    :cool:

Amen to that brother :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Didn't like AC1, really enjoyed 2 and Brotherhood. Thought they were really milking the cashcow with Revelations. And gave up on 3 after about 3 hours cos that entire time felt like one big tutorial. Not going to get 4.

Very good and positive albeit quite long article on how indie developers are finding working with Sony and the PS4

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/indie-developers-speak-out-on-ps4-development

• Advertisement

For anyone interested in NFS:Rivals, interesting fact about the game, it has still to be seen on the X1, all footage has been coming from the PS4 and PC, it was also the game that Marcus Nilsson said would look better on the PS4 then the X1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

AC4 is my number one most anticipated game this year. Unfortunately it is a Christmas present from my wife so I have an extra bit to wait.

Funny thing is that I didn't like the first game in the series but everything else has been amazing.

im getting it. i agree, ac1 was kind of **** but from ac2 onwards its been an amazing game. although its getting a bit stale now so im hoping it will be revived on next gen and a new pirates theme will make it the best ac yet

For anyone interested in NFS:Rivals, interesting fact about the game, it has still to be seen on the X1, all footage has been coming from the PS4 and PC, it was also the game that Marcus Nilsson said would look better on the PS4 then the X1.

looks no better graphic wise than the ucrrent NFS on ps3 :S

MarkY91 wrote: »
    looks no better graphic wise than the ucrrent NFS on ps3 :S

Ah come on now ffs. It looks miles better then Most Wanted on PS3.

Sephiroth_dude check this out, first review of AC4 taken from Jeux Video

AC4 received 18/20.

4/5 For Gameplay
    4/5 For the gaphics
    5/5 for the soundtrack
    5/5 for the length of the game

Positive aspects of the game:
    -Wonderful world / map
    -A lot of things to do
    -Stealth works very well, you can chose how to approach your taget, etc..

Negatives aspects of the game!
    - Technical problems
    - lose of frame rate on PS3
    - aliasing on PS4
    (I guess they played the game on PS3 & PS4 because there are nothing about Xbox)

Other things you shloud know:

-Cities are better than AC3 (for free running)
    -This is A TRUE AC GAME, and the most accomplished of the franchise.
    -Combats are slower than AC3...
    -...There are less weapons, less new types of ennemies...
    -... But naval battles are amazing !

-You'll play as Edward like 10 minutes after launching the game on your console
    -Naval is amazing
    -Economic system of AC4 is easier to understand and really well made (you board ships, and sell ressources)
    -You'll need to upgrade your ship to succes on seas. To upgrade your ship you'll need ressources. You can get them by boarding ships.
    -Taking forts have an impact on Edward's progression. It will reveal the location of special places such as caves.
    -In all main or secondary missions you can play stealthy if you chose to.
    -The involvement of Edward in the Templar-Assassin conflict is a bit predictable but still well done by Darby. You'll see a lot of history events.

About PS4 version:

-Beautiful, fluid, ... BUT there are aliasing on some textures.

About PS3 version:

-Almost like PS4 even if textures are kind of blurred.. The only thing is that there are loss of framerates.

TO CONCLUDE: AC4 is the most successful game of the franchise. Better mechanics of gameplay, better level design, the game is a real success.
    You'll need about 20 hours to complete the main path and 50 hours to complete everything.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700051

Oh ya sure its out next week for current gen,forgot about that :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/need_for_speed_rivals/news/need_for_speed_rivals_may_look_a_little_better_on_one_next-gen_console_than_the_other.html

I know your getting a ps4 and all, so am I at some point
    but don't be assuming things, he never said which console

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/need_for_speed_rivals/news/need_for_speed_rivals_may_look_a_little_better_on_one_next-gen_console_than_the_other.html

I know your getting a ps4 and all, so am I at some point
    but don't be assuming things, he never said which console

I think he made it pretty clear though which console he meant, we will just have to wait and see, hopefully we will see it on a X1 soon.

• Advertisement

At least thats one more developer who confirmed on using advantages of faster console and not just retard the faster console to match with slower one.

We all know which one is faster too... :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement