Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »
    I think he made it pretty clear though which console he meant, we will just have to wait and see, hopefully we will see it on a X1 soon.

He didnt make it remotely clear at all:pac: only fanboys will assume its their own console
    did I make it clear their which fanboys I was on about? No because I actually mean both not just one set of them
    Don't take things into account until its confirmed which one, thats just fanboyism at its worst:pac:
    At least thats one more developer who confirmed on using advantages of faster console and not just retard the faster console to match with slower one.

We all know which one is faster too... :pac:
    he stated " a little bit better graphics " no one will be able to tell the difference, so no I would'nt say its confirmed yet.
    Retard as you put it the faster console? it will always be the same for multiplatform games unfortunatly,
    I'd love to see the ps4 been used at its full considering its the more powerful console just to see how much of a difference between the games are on both consoles,
    making graphics a "little bit better" does not show that power been used if it is the ps4 hes on about. Game companies wont do it, it just takes up more time and more money for them, hopefully their are some who do though to see the benefits of sales with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    He didnt make it remotely clear at all:pac: only fanboys will assume its their own console
    did I make it clear their which fanboys I was on about? No because I actually mean both not just one set of them
    Don't take things into account until its confirmed which one, thats just fanboyism at its worst:pac:

he stated " a little bit better graphics " no one will be able to tell the difference, so no I would'nt say its confirmed yet.
    Retard as you put it the faster console? it will always be the same for multiplatform games unfortunatly,
    I'd love to see the ps4 been used at its full considering its the more powerful console just to see how much of a difference between the games are on both consoles,
    making graphics a "little bit better" does not show that power been used if it is the ps4 hes on about. Game companies wont do it, it just takes up more time and more money for them, hopefully their are some who do though to see the benefits of sales with it

Dice confirmed this week that they will not be cowards and go with cross platform parity they will use each platform to its full extent, so Battlefield 4 is gonna the first game to show us any difference between the consoles, that is if there is a noticeable quality difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Dice confirmed this week that they will not be cowards and go with cross platform parity they will use each platform to its full extent, so Battlefield 4 is gonna the first game to show us any difference between the consoles, that is if there is a noticeable quality difference.

I'm still wary about this. They have a partnership with Microsoft. They might have just generalised and put both consoles in one category, and PC in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dice confirmed this week that they will not be cowards and go with cross platform parity they will use each platform to its full extent, so Battlefield 4 is gonna the first game to show us and difference between the consoles, that is if there is a noticeable quality difference.

I hope they will deliver and those are not just words, but Yes. As I said some developers do say they will use advantages of hardware. Interesting world in front of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I'm thinking of ordering a few games from videogamesplus.ca
    Does anyone know if you order a game from us / can does it prevent you from playing online or anything?
    Is there anything different from the point of view of using dlc, would dlc have to be us / can also?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you order a game from us / can does it prevent you from playing online or anything?
    Is there anything different from the point of view of using dlc, would dlc have to be us / can also?

Ehhhhh.....think there might be a problem with dlc not sure though.

Ehhhhh.....think there might be a problem with dlc not sure though.

Yeah I know there's something anyway as I got a few games from US early ps3 days and I think I had trouble with online stuff I just can't remember exactly what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Did i hear right that Driveclub is now delayed aswell ...:/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-17-report-claims-ps4-launch-title-driveclub-delayed-until-2014

On one hand its nice to know there not rushing out unfinished games for Christmas but on the other hand i feel a little hoodwinked :/ Watch Dogs and Drive Club were two release day games for me, Only got Fifa now :/

MarkY91 wrote: »

The first of many Ebay PS4s to hit the Ebay. Just a note: 50% of those PS4s will be NES in poor plastic PS4 shell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The first of many Ebay PS4s to hit the Ebay. Just a note: 50% of those PS4s will be NES in poor plastic PS4 shell.

215497782_dVwyi-L-2.jpg

Remembered this saying PS4, but guess I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

News is there could be a 4 month delay for any new orders that are placed for the PS4

That is news to me.

Oh and that was from the ebay dexcription

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

He's a Boardsie too. I recognise the name from playing BF3 with him a handful of times.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That is news to me.

Oh and that was from the ebay dexcription

Any orders that were placed after the September 1st will not be honoured till the end of January or the start of February according to many European retailers.

I have never had a issue and have been getting games from them for years, been playing Dragons Crown since it came out in North America, have had no issues, with dlc, online play or patches

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ha... at 1500 euros you'd be absolutely mad to purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭Evade

tok9 wrote: »
    Ha... at 1500 euros you'd be absolutely mad to purchase it.
    Especially since the auction doesn't end until after it's released in North America.

EDIT: Should have read the whole thing it's an EU pre order.

id sell my launch ps4 if i was offered 1500 euro to be honest. fair play to the lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

id sell my launch ps4 if i was offered 1500 euro to be honest. fair play to the lad
    Nobody in there right mind would pay that you be better off getting a high end PC 3 times more powerful than ps4 than paid that for a ps4.

rob808 wrote: »
    Nobody in there right mind would pay that you be better off getting a high end PC 3 times more powerful than ps4 than paid that for a ps4.

Or spend 1000eu on SUPER gaming PC NOW and buy PS4 with few games for 500eu, but wait a month for it. Thats of course if you still will want it after PC :pac:. Who ever is that seller, he is a muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

rob808 wrote: »

they're selling (i.e completed listings) for £850 (€1000) on ebay

people are stupid enough

More money than sense some people....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

aaronh007 wrote: »
    He's a Boardsie too. I recognise the name from playing BF3 with him a handful of times.

PRobably the same guy who was selling GTAV for €500 4 days before release

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just so you know, they were hacked a few years ago and credit card details were compromised.
    Up to you if you use them - fair warnings.

If you buy a US version of a game, you must also buy the dlc from the same region.

Be careful of what people post on any forum - not everything you read is gospel.
    I have never had a issue and have been getting games from them for years, been playing Dragons Crown since it came out in North America, have had no issues, with dlc, online play or patches

F1ngers wrote: »
    Just so you know, they were hacked a few years ago and credit card details were compromised.

If you buy a US version of a game, you must also buy the dlc from the same region.

Be careful of what people post on any forum - not everything you read is gospel.

Cool I knew there was something about dlc not working properly.
    Not gonna bother with it if that's the case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cool I knew there was something about dlc not working properly.
    Not gonna bother with it if that's the case.

In fairness, if that's your only issue - it is easy to set up a US account.
    Cards can be bought off ebay(if your cc doesn't work).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would too I suppose but no one would be stupid enough to offer that surely and if I was to give away my pre order I'd be decent enough to so at face value.

In fact you can hold me to that as I'm still not sure if I'll cancel my pre order.

In fairness, if that's your only issue - it is easy to set up a US account.
    Cards can be bought off ebay(if your cc doesn't work).

i ordered cod ghosts and assassins creed from that website :( wouldnt have ordered cod from there if i knew this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Yea but if the game region free it won't matter if the game from America or Canada same with DLC.

• Advertisement

It is easy to bypass, just set up a US account, download the dlc from the US store and it will work when you log on with your US account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement