Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Didn't like AC1, really enjoyed 2 and Brotherhood. Thought they were really milking the cashcow with Revelations. And gave up on 3 after about 3 hours cos that entire time felt like one big tutorial. Not going to get 4.

The AC series really seems to a work in progress. The thing about AC1, that stands out for me, is that it was beautiful. I spent hours climbing and re-climbing watchtowers to see the views of the cities. Sure the missions etc were boring after a while, as was the combat, but its visuals were breathtaking. Significantly improved as they went on. I even enjoyed Revelations:eek::eek::eek:
    I've just started ACIII, but my son reckons he's not interested in IV after III.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

The problem for me with AC3 is that there was nothing worth climbing in Revolutionary America.........trees and wooden structures zzzzzzzzzzz

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

rob808 wrote: »
    Yea but if the game region free it won't matter if the game from America or Canada same with DLC.

You're wrong - going by the PS3 version.

Dlc has to be bought from the same region as the game is from.

I haven't heard if the dlc will be region free for the PS4, if it is, then you are correct.
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    i ordered cod ghosts and assassins creed from that website wouldnt have ordered cod from there if i knew this

It is extremely easy to set up a US account and get dlc - that dlc will be available to all accounts on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I would just hold out a few weeks before buying other region games. Its better to see thing on hands in anction then reading half a ton of rumours. Better safe then sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

F1ngers wrote: »
    You're wrong - going by the PS3 version.

Dlc has to be bought from the same region as the game is from.

I haven't heard if the dlc will be region free for the PS4, if it is, then you are correct.

It is extremely easy to set up a US account and get dlc - that dlc will be available to all accounts on the system.

i know how to set up a UD account but dont i need a US mastercard or something? could i sign into the US account store on pc and use paypal on my irish mastercard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

i know how to set up a UD account but dont i need a US mastercard or something? could i sign into the US account store on pc and use paypal on my irish mastercard?

The easiest and quickest thing to do is buy a US PSN card off of http://www.amazon.com Just make sure you use a proper US billing adress.

Xenji wrote: »
    The easiest and quickest thing to do is buy a US PSN card off of http://www.amazon.com Just make sure you use a proper US billing adress.

cheers, ill do that. i hope theyll PM me the code intead of making me pay for delivery though:eek:

cheers, ill do that. i hope theyll PM me the code intead of making me pay for delivery though:eek:

They e-mail it out to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I'm trying to decide on a game to get with Killzone. What are your top recommendations?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

King Krib wrote: »
    I'm trying to decide on a game to get with Killzone. What are your top recommendations?

AC 4?

• Advertisement

AC 4?

sort of drained of the whole ac franchise to be honest.

Sports fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

To be honest, if you're not immediately interested in any others, don't spend any money. Instead, get Resogun and Contrast via PS+, and download Warframe, War Thunder and Blacklight: Retribution.

I will be picking up Knack and Assassin's Creed IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Thinking of getting Lego Marvel Super Heroes :o

Sports fan?

I was thinking about Fifa which is an annual purchase but after the reviews on current gen I'm not so sure.
    The trailer for NBA 2k14 looks savage but I'm not a basketball fan.
    I was leaning towards Watch Dogs but obviously can't get that now. I think Cod or Battlefield would be too similar to Killzone.

I was thinking about Fifa which is an annual purchase but after the reviews on current gen I'm not so sure.
    I was leaning towards Watch Dogs but obviously can't get that now. I think Cod or Battlefield would be too similar to Killzone.

NBA 2k14 should be a great came going by previous installments, will be far better than EA's anyway, I am not big into sports games but have always like the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

FIFA 14 was the main game I was going to buy, and then probably Watch Dogs at Christmas.
    I was looking forward to DriveClub on PS+ too. But since those two are out, I guess I'll just keep FIFA and actually play Killzone instead of trying to sell it :)

NBA 2K14 was going to be the game I would recommend if you were a basketball fan.

The series on current gen was great and i can only see it getting better on next gen.

Trailer for the next gen NBA 2K14 for anyone interested

NBA 2k14 came out at the start of the month and has got great review across the board, has a 88 on meta critc at the moment.

For anyone here that is getting Skylanders ( I doubt many are ) it will cost you €190 to be able to do everything in the game, that is converted from Dollars so it could wind up being more.
    So, to sum up, here's the minimum purchase requirement to see everything:

Starter Pack - $74.99
    Rattle Shake - $15.99
    Magna Charge - $15.99
    Free Ranger - $15.99
    Hoot Loop - $15.99
    Stink Bomb - $15.99 (not available at launch)
    Rubble Rouser - $15.99 (not available at launch)
    Any Giants character - $14.99
    Sheep Wreck Adventure Pack - $24.99 (not available at launch)
    Tower of Time Adventure Pack - $24.99
    Fiery Forge Battle Pack - $24.99
    Total: $260.89

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/skylanders-swap-force/Minimum_Toys_Needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭xtal191

Prob been poster before

b12CvxV.png

big and black. my favourite

xtal191 wrote: »
    Prob been poster before

b12CvxV.png[/quote.There's a huge difference in size there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

xtal191 wrote: »
    Prob been poster before

b12CvxV.png[/quote.There's a huge difference in size there.

Yea it definitely bigger that for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anybody heard from Xtra Vision regarding Bundles yet?

srumball wrote: »
    Anybody heard from Xtra Vision regarding Bundles yet?

A few people have mentioned getting them in the pre order thread, some just walked in without a pre order and got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Xenji wrote: »
    NBA 2k14 came out at the start of the month and has got great review across the board, has a 88 on meta critc at the moment.

Can't wait for this!

You’ve probably heard that PlayStation 4 is launching soon. As part of an ongoing promotional campaign, Sony has released a short film that aims to “represent what PlayStation has meant to Britain since 1995.” Titled ‘Since ’95′, the film is a little slice of nostalgia.

Fans are encouraged to pay particular attention to the order that the PlayStation symbols appear in.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/21/playstation-since-95-video-charts-the-brands-rise-in-the-uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Live Feed KZ, my eFibre really shines now being able to watch in HD :cool:

• Advertisement

Killzone has gone gold :D

5fPMUJB.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement