Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How many copies they need to sell to Go golden?

It's still a bit "cocky" statement by them. It's not even out and we don't know if its good or shiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Xenji wrote: »
    Killzone has gone gold :D

5fPMUJB.jpg

Whew! Was beginning to look like nothing was going to go gold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It's still a bit "cocky" statement by them. It's not even out and we don't know if its good or shiet.

No, that's not what they mean at all. It means, they have got to the "gold" release of the code. ie: ready to be shipped/launched.

Basically, they're done developing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

A game going gold means it's going to press

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Gold means it ready for Printing the Disc on a Mass scale for distribution. Unless i am horribly and embarrassingly mistaken.

EDIT: Well behind, Ignore!

• Advertisement

Damn, never heard that expression. Cheers lads. Well, then it is good news!!!

I have to say, waiting is becoming worse and worse with each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

waiting is unbearable to be honest, the news seems to be at a complete standstill. though we would have seen more demo of the UI and Remote play etc by now. Cant wait to play a full version of fifa on my vita

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

srumball wrote: »
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart

3vs1el.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The last time I got this anxious about waiting for something gaming related was FF9 in 2000. :o

I remember actually crossing off the days ffs. Such a stupid kid. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Damn, never heard that expression. Cheers lads. Well, then it is good news!!!

I have to say, waiting is becoming worse and worse with each day.

Usually called Gold Master, hence "going Gold"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I asked this in the Fifa thread but got no replies.......on Fifa 14 PS4 version is it possible to play a once off co op match with random bodies or is it just someone from your friends list v 2 random bodies in Co op season games? This could sway Fifa either way for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

srumball wrote: »
    Anybody heard from Xtra Vision regarding Bundles yet?

I went in a few weeks ago and they said that if I preordered a bundle I would go to the back of the queue that I should wait. Then he rang head office and they said they'd be ringing people who preordered the console and that I was very close to the top of the list. I also preordered battlefield 4 and the receipt said "game console bundles cannot be preordered" that was on Oct 1st. I also heard they were not going to ring people till the end of October so patiently waiting for that call which I hope comes !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

jaybe1 wrote: »
    I went in a few weeks ago and they said that if I preordered a bundle I would go to the back of the queue that I should wait. Then he rang head office and they said they'd be ringing people who preordered the console and that I was very close to the top of the list. I also preordered battlefield 4 and the receipt said "game console bundles cannot be preordered" that was on Oct 1st. I also heard they were not going to ring people till the end of October so patiently waiting for that call which I hope comes !!

some people got calls though right? i got no call yet but i dont know if i even want to upgrade as i dont even want killzone nor do i want to risk being put at the back of the que

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Kilzone wasn't on my list either but I'll take it to get the extra controller and hope the game is good. Camera might keep my nephew happy when he calls.

It looks like you will be able to use the new PS4 controller with some PS3 games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-22-ps4s-dualshock-4-can-plug-into-ps3-and-play-some-games

Hopefully we will see all 3 games come out on the PS4
    Dragon’s Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno has expressed interest in a PS4 sequel to his original RPG-action romp. He’s also interested in working on Rival Schools 3 and Devil May Cry 5.

Speaking with PlayStation Japan’s community site, Itsuno said, “In my head, I have a story and setting for the next one, but it’s not one that can be easily done… (laughs). For example, voices say “coming for PS4!” and it seems to happen quite a whole lot. The possibility to be able to make it might to be growing (laughs).

“In addition to that, I want to also make a miniature garden simulation, as well as make more games for (established) series such as “Rival Schools 3” and “Devil May Cry 5.” Later on, I would even like to make a game that captures authentic fighting and, such as Street Fighter II did, to develop a new genre of fighting games.

“Inside of me there are a lot of things I want to make, and because there are already concepts, there might be a chance! I have this feeling (laughs).”

What do you make of the above? Is there a fighting chance Dragon’s Dogma 2 could come to PS4? After all, Capcom is favouring Sony’s format with the release of Deep Down.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/22/dragons-dogma-2-possibility-of-ps4-sequel-growing-says-director-also-keen-for-devil-may-cry-5/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I used to love Rival Schools. I got addicted to the baseball mini game for ages :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dragons dogma yes please,please please make dragons dogma come out first :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Loving the "greatness awaits" campaign. Here's another one I've only seen today. Apologies if already posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Haven't been this excited for a console launch since... the wii probably. Can't wait, nothing like knowing its bought and paid for day one :pac:

New Killzone Shadow Fall Single Player Trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nice. I can't wait to play it.

Okay, that killzone Trailer made me want my ps4 even more now. Thats what I wanted from killzone game: show me the universe it self, show me simple people trying to survive in such world not just military clashing vs another military force. Damn, show us more about Helgast, why are they like this. Are everyone really happy to be like this?! I am not a killzone fan at all, but holy jesus, this looks so damn good and interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I like that by the 4th full Killzone title, the story has become much more complex.

37 days away from launch and my hdtv breaks. :( donations for a new tv guys :P?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

MarkY91 wrote: »

How about you donate me your PS4 :D it will be no use to ye!

MarkY91 wrote: »

Bargain Alerts Forum always has some good TV deals in there.

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    How about you donate me your PS4 :D it will be no use to ye!

hopefully ill have a new tv by then. if not, ill sell it to you for 1500 euro lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement