Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have AC4 On order from amazon and the delivery date is 22 November,thats wrong is it?

:edit: nope its not.Didn't think it was out till the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I have AC4 On order from amazon and the delivery date is 22 November,thats wrong is it?

I know, weird right? I'm half tempted to pick up my black skull edition on 22nd lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ubi finished AC4 early and moved the release date up 1 week for all versions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I know, weird right? I'm half tempted to pick up my black skull edition on 22nd lol.

That's what I'm getting from amazon :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Ubi finished AC4 early and moved the release date up 1 week for all versions.

Also maybe moved it forward to take the sting outta the watch dogs delay me thinks.
    Really looking forward to it. AC3 was a big disappointment for me the story, the fighting mechanics very poor.
    Was able to play AC4 at eurogamer for a good bit really liked what I saw. They really have gone back to AC 2 style of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

i preordered from videgamesplus.ca and it says its in stock on 12th november :\

MarkY91 wrote: »

Ya it's out the week before in America.I think ps4 is out that week in the states?or is that xbone 1 :-D?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PS4 is out the 15th in the states.

Ya it's out the week before in America.I think ps4 is out that week in the states?or is that xbone 1 :-D?

yeah its out that week. i guess ill get it earlier than most in europe then? theyre shipping cod ghosts to me on the 5th :D love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Is there a way to avoid the shipping charge with them and do you get hit for tax on the order here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hopefully ill have a new tv by then. if not, ill sell it to you for 1500 euro lol

I bought a New TV just for ps4. It still got plastic on it around on bezels. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

PS4 is out the 15th in the states.

Yes, yes it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

37 days away from launch and my hdtv breaks. :( donations for a new tv guys :P?

got this 4 weeks ago and it is superb 1100 quid from my local sony store 5 year warranty included
    http://www.sony.ie/product/tv-119-47-lcd/kdl-47w805a

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Is there a way to avoid the shipping charge with them and do you get hit for tax on the order here?
    i only got charged 10 euro for postage. other boardies say they never get hit with tax at cusoms so i went with them in hope
    I bought a New TV just for ps4. It still got plastic on it around on bezels. :o

i bought headphones and a new router specially for the ps4 :\ lol..looks like ill need a new tv also
    cadete wrote: »
    got this 4 weeks ago and it is superb 1100 quid from my local sony store 5 year warranty included

i wish i could spend that amount lol. ive picked one out for 450 that will do me perfect. your tv looks amazing btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

i only got charged 10 euro for postage. other boardies say they never get hit with tax at cusoms so i went with them in hope

i bought headphones and a new router specially for the ps4 :\ lol..looks like ill need a new tv also

i wish i could spend that amount lol. ive picked one out for 450 that will do me perfect. your tv looks amazing btw!

A new router? I got sky broadband and I am using the router that they give. Any ideas if this will be up to the task for playing the Vita and PS4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

padair wrote: »
    A new router? I got sky broadband and I am using the router that they give. Any ideas if this will be up to the task for playing the Vita and PS4?

Should be.
    You don't need super fast bb, low ping is fairly essential - high ping = lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A2LUE42 wrote: »

Been ordering with them for years, never got hit for customs.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Should be.
    You don't need super fast bb, low ping is fairly essential - high ping = lag.

this is why i got the new router. im sick of my epc3925 dropping me out of the odd game and i want to minimise ping as much as possible(not that its bad, just it can be lower)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just had a look there on Amazon my PS4 pre order has changed from the Reg to the Killzone so happy out there no idea what day i will get it says the 29th to the 30th of November i have a lot more Faith in my Amazon one then my gamestop one as still waiting to hear something over it as its getting really close to now to not say anything.

Also have assassin's creed 4 witch is the Skull Edition coming on the 22nd picked it up for £49 pound there back in June on Amazon also will be picking up Knack with my 48 euros i got for GTA 5 in gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Xenji wrote: »
    Been ordering with them for years, never got hit for customs.

Nice one. Do you order single games or a few at a time?

Could be something to do with the value of the package being lower than a certain threshold? Only a guess, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

v3ttel wrote: »

Could be something to do with the value of the package being lower than a certain threshold? Only a guess, tbh.

Iirc they put $30 on package as well as something like blu-ray or dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

cadete wrote: »

Nice tv. Was that a sale price?

Never ordered more than two games at a time from them.

ive ordered 2 ps3 games from them and they charged me 10 euro delivery. i priced 1 game too and i think it was 10 euro too, not too sure. the 10 euro is nothing when youre only paying 44 euro a game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Another PS4 ad:

Nice use of the EDGE magazine quote.

Otacon wrote: »
    Another PS4 ad:

Nice use of the EDGE magazine quote.

In case people did not see it when they watched the video.
    Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag and Watch Dogs will each feature downloadable content that will be exclusive to PlayStation platforms for six months. That’s according to small print spotted by the eagle-eyed Shack News in the US version of yesterday’s PS4 promotional video that focused on the platform’s exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Never played AC downloadable content. Is it worth a look? What was AC3 dlc like?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Never played AC downloadable content. Is it worth a look? What was AC3 dlc like?

Never really liked the games, so never got any of the DLC, all I know is that it adds 3 extra missions that add over a extra hour to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really can't wait for Infamous Second Son.

• Advertisement

For people like myself getting NBA 2K14 it wll be running in 1080p on both consoles.
    Jeff Thomas, the executive vice president of Visual Concepts confirmed that both next generation versions of NBA 2K14 will run at native 1080p and 60 frames per second

Also Injustice has signed up to the PS3-PS4 digital upgrade plan.
    NetherRealm’s DC-licensed fighter Injustice: Gods Among Us is the newest member of Sony’s PlayStation 3 – PlayStation 4 digital upgrade programme. This means that, for a limited period, then you buy the disc or digital version of the game on PS3, you can get a discount on a digital copy of the game on PS4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement