Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very good hands on video with Killzone SF from GameTrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/pq90gm/killzone-shadow-fall-field-report

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's only Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, which comes at the start of November.

Might get it as a fighting game is part of the classic(ish) launch line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Xenji wrote: »
    In case people did not see it when they watched the video.
    Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag and Watch Dogs will each feature downloadable content that will be exclusive to PlayStation platforms for six months. That’s according to small print spotted by the eagle-eyed Shack News in the US version of yesterday’s PS4 promotional video that focused on the platform’s exclusives.

Jesus, you don't exactly need bi-focals to spot those two parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

Folks i'm getting the killzone bundle from amazon but i'd love to get another game. Obviously no reviews yet but Assassins Creed black flag or COD Ghosts or good aul reliable Fifa 14?

probably wrong thread to even post this apologies

jones wrote: »
    Folks i'm getting the killzone bundle from amazon but i'd love to get another game. Obviously no reviews yet but Assassins Creed black flag or COD Ghosts or good aul reliable Fifa 14?

Not the wrong thread, you have reviews out for AC4 and Fifa 14 seeing that they are out already on the current gen consoles, well AC4 is out next week but there are still reviews around for it, you will have CoD reviews shortly as well, the only difference between the games will be the graphics.

• Advertisement

Yeah suppose thats part of my question will the next gen editions just be slightly prettier? (nothing wrong with that obviously ha)

I'll wait and see the reviews from AC4 next week

Yeah suppose thats part of my question will the next gen editions just be slightly prettier? (nothing wrong with that obviously ha)

I'll wait and see the reviews from AC4 next week

They will look better yes and some will have more expanded multiplayer, also some are coming with timed exclusives such as AC4.

Fifa 14 will have a new engine on next gen so hopefully its a lot better than current gen Fifa.

If you have any interest in basketball go for NBA 2K14. Even if you dont its still a great series.

A lad on the Boards Fifa forum wrote this article on next gen fifas - http://clickonline.com/games/preview--fifa-14-%28gen-4%29/20706/

Yeah i was reading up on the new Fifa engine and how it will be the basis for EA sports games going forward. Sounds like it could be good...i deliberately didn't get fifa for ps3 as i thought i would get it on the PS4. NBA looks amazing aswell but dont know if i'd play it enough

• Advertisement

Res0gun's community manager gave his personal opinion on the next generation consoles today, bare in mind that it is also a PS4 exclusive.
    It’s not the official position of the company but just a personal opinion: if you look at it as a gamer, Xbox One is focused on America’s vision of the entertainment center with the TV and the like. It gives the impression is that gmes aren’t its highest priority.

On the other hand for the PS4 games come first, then there are other forms of entertainment. Because of how they’re promoting it, I think the PS4 looks more attractive when viewed by true core gamers, isn’t it?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/23/resoguns-de-benetti-games-arent-xbox-ones-priority-ps4-more-attractive-for-true-gamers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

COD Ghosts... LMFAO!

BF4, why even ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

mozattack wrote: »
    COD Ghosts... LMFAO!

BF4, why even ask?

I really dislike these type of posts. No offence meant to any bf4 fanboys but the beta (sorry the demo) on pc was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

My dream would be for MAG 2 on PS4. Not going to happen, with the demise of Zipper and all, but for me, it made a show of BF and COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Probably been asked a Hundred times by now, but are the people who ordered the PS4 online from Gamestop getting an option for any bundles?

nocoverart wrote: »
    Probably been asked a Hundred times by now, but are the people who ordered the PS4 online from Gamestop getting an option for any bundles?

Online customers wont be offered any of the bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Sarz91 wrote: »
    I really dislike these type of posts. No offence meant to any bf4 fanboys but the beta (sorry the demo) on pc was awful.

It is a BETA!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Online customers wont be offered any of the bundles.[/QUOTE

Yeah, thought as much. Still sh1t though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

It is a BETA!

I agree. The full game being released is a beta.;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Grayditch wrote: »
    My dream would be for MAG 2 on PS4. Not going to happen, with the demise of Zipper and all, but for me, it made a show of BF and COD.

Try Planet-side 2, it's free and day one on PS4. It's MAG with more vehicles, lasers, and about 10x the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

COD Ghosts... LMFAO!

BF4, why even ask?

Less of this kind of nonsense, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Varik wrote: »
    Try Planet-side 2, it's free and day one on PS4. It's MAG with more vehicles, lasers, and about 10x the players.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying it out. I should probably read a bit more about it, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Sarz91 wrote: »
    I agree. The full game being released is a beta.;-)

It was definitely not final build, and even still I'm not sure I'd call 10 levels, one map, and a small amount of weapons a full release.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

shuffles03 wrote: »

Unfortunately:
    • PARTICIPATION ELIGIBILITY

The Greatness Exchange program is a rewards program (“Program”) through which PlayStation gamers can enter sweepstakes through redemption of gold trophies, earned during gameplay, as entries for a chance to win exclusive items and rewards available only on this Site (“Rewards”). An alternate free method of entry will also be available. No purchase is necessary to enter any sweepstakes offered as part of the Program. The Program is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec).

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

F1ngers wrote: »
    Unfortunately:

We would of swept them all between us both too, Narnin. :(

Lucky Americans. Hope SCEE do something like this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Klair88 wrote: »
    We would of swept them all between us both too, Narnin. :(

Lucky Americans. Hope SCEE do something like this.

In fairness, I would have been living off your left-overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Unfortunately:

Dammit! I would have sold my soul and my one platinum trophy to enter this

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

In fairness, I would have been living off your left-overs.

No way. I admire your collection and we're not far apart!
    shuffles03 wrote: »
    Dammit! I would have sold my soul and my one platinum trophy to enter this

It's done by Gold Trophies, No platinum's so you could of bet 10 times! I'm going to start hassling SCEE on twitter to set up this for us EU guys! Awesome idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Or they could just have some sort of system like this: for every 10 gold/1plat trophies you get a 20% discount on next purchase.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement