Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got an email from Amazon last night.

I've gone from unknown delivery to launch day delivery :P

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

With your mother in bed!

Grow up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Otacon wrote: »
    If they confirm the specs the HDD will require and this fits the profile, I will be getting this, SEAGATE ST1000LM014 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive, 2.5 inch, 5400rpm, 64MB, 8GB Internal.

PS4 takes the same upgradeable Spec HDD as the PS3. To me that looks like the SSHD i'll be getting for it.

Would probably prefer a larger HDD as i think the RAM of the PS4 will load Data quickly enough but until i spot a better spec one, with a good price, i'll be getting the one you just posted. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Klair88 wrote: »
    PS4 takes the same upgradeable Spec HDD as the PS3. To me that looks like the SSHD i'll be getting for it.

Would probably prefer a larger HDD as i think the RAM of the PS4 will load Data quickly enough but until i spot a better spec one, with a good price, i'll be getting the one you just posted. Cheers.

So can you just remove PS4 disc and slide this one in? Is it that simple? Where are PS4 system files stored. Isn't it like removing HDD from laptop (where all windows files are ...). Sorry if im being stupid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

198321 wrote: »
    So can you just remove PS4 disc and slide this one in? Is it that simple? Where are PS4 system files stored. Isn't it like removing HDD from laptop (where all windows files are ...). Sorry if im being stupid :rolleyes:

Should be the same as a ps3, when you put in a new drive it will format it ready for use in the ps3/4. pretty simple, there are many howto's online about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Gah, I'm tempted to start Adverts-ing my PS3 and 360 stashes as they'll be worth nothing in a year and I absolutely know I won't play them again, so I may as well fund the PS4 with them.

I appreciate I've missed the preorder boat by a good bit (and there's nothing I actually want to play, bar Resogun), but hot damn is my excitement for the PS4 starting to build :(

i have my ps3 slim up on adverts for a few days now including 6 games and 3 controllers ive only had one offer. that was 100 euro :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i have my ps3 slim up on adverts for a few days now including 6 games and 3 controllers ive only had one offer. that was 100 euro :(

I recently sold mine on adverts. Got what I wanted for it In the end. Loads of tyre kickers on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Unbelievable! I'll gladly take it off your hand for €100.99. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gah, I'm tempted to start Adverts-ing my PS3 and 360 stashes as they'll be worth nothing in a year and I absolutely know I won't play them again, so I may as well fund the PS4 with them.

I appreciate I've missed the preorder boat by a good bit (and there's nothing I actually want to play, bar Resogun), but hot damn is my excitement for the PS4 starting to build :(

If you pre order with Gamestop and trade your games on to your ps4 pre order they will give you a extra 25% when you trade your games in, I have not paid a penny for the Mega Bundle except for the the €50 I put down in February and have it all paid off this way, manipulated the deals they had back in March as well.

So what Sega remake would you like to see on the PS4, for me it would have to be a new Streets of Rage or Shenmue HD, or for them to do a complete reboot of Phantasy Star or Sakura Wars.
    Sega’s remakes haven’t had the best track-record, but the company’s CS Research and Development producer Yosuke Okunari has spoken about his desire to see them given better treatment. He added that Sega’s next remakes all depend on what players shout about the loudest.

“From that, I was able to understand what it takes to make such a faithful remake, and it’s something I’ve put a lot of importance in, since I’ve started working on the series. So, we developed the Space Harrier Complete Collection, an entire compilation of the series, to go with the various generations of our customers. The concept was to recreate the games exactly the way they were originally made. The things staff members wanted to express in the past but couldn’t, are now possible with today’s technology. And we’d like to share that joy.

He stressed than the fans will be a big factor in what Sega tackles next, “For our next lineup, it will depend on all of your voices, so please continue to support us.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/25/sega-talks-remakes-wants-your-suggestions-on-what-to-do-next/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    that post above me is seriously depressing but hes quite right:pac: cant wait for a few years time to see the real potential of next gen consoles :pac:

It is depressing and to be honest if Battlefield 4 wasn't on PS4 i won't bother getting it... what for, Kack or whatever it is called - should be called "kaka" more like.

Killzone looks pretty but is just Killzone, least BF4 moves current gen from 24 players to 64 players - a notable difference and mega difference once the added graphics are included.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mozattack wrote: »
    It is depressing and to be honest if Battlefield 4 wasn't on PS4 i won't bother getting it... what for, Kack or whatever it is called - should be called "kaka" more like.

Killzone looks pretty but is just Killzone, least BF4 moves current gen from 24 players to 64 players - a notable difference and mega difference once the added graphics are included.

I was very disappointed when they announced it would be only 64 players.
    I thought developers would be aiming higher next gen., especially when MAG has 128 player games - and that was started almost four years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I'm gonna split everything. Games for 10 to 15 quid a pop, might do the 360 + a few games (old stuff like PGR4, Bulletstorm, etc.) for about €150 (console is only 6 months old!).
    Xenji wrote: »
    If you pre order with Gamestop and trade your games on to your ps4 pre order they will give you a extra 25% when you trade your games in, I have not paid a penny for the Mega Bundle except for the the €50 I put down in February and have it all paid off this way, manipulated the deals they had back in March as well.

I've got games like say RDR GOTY the Mass Effect Trilogy that will sell for a few quid, but Gamestop will only give peanuts for them. I actually did the same back in March to get a 360 (had a PS3 this last 5 years) as I had a stack of finished games that I wanted rid of, but wouldn't hold onto credit in there as they honestly looked like they were gonna go belly up due to their crazy amount of staff cutbacks. And they're complete jokers when it comes to faulty hardware, especially Sony stuff (a 30 day guarantee on new hardware? Yeah right lads, I'll see ye in the small claims court... ).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You know.....I suddenly have a crazy notion....now its completely off the wall so stay with me here.....I suddenly have this crazy notion....that you....like Battlefield 4....

I know you like BF4 dude, so do i. I LOVE Battlefield. have 800+ hours logged on BF3. So don't question my love for battlefield.

But i also LOVE a lot of other games and Knack and Killzone excite me very much. So please, don't come on this thread dismissing all other games as "Inferior" just because they're your opinion.

You say yesterday that killzone looked "Muck" and Knack should be called "Kaka" - In an obvious reference to Sh!t-

Please stop doing this. There is a Battlefield Forum if you want to talk specifically about BF. This is a general Playstation Forum, for all users who like all types of games. So please don't dismiss them.

May seem like backseat modding, but i felt i needed to say it.

If you only think 1 game is worth playing on the PS4, so be it. No loss to me. But me and others are very excited for the other launch games and i don't want us to be discussing them, only to be told by your Opinion that you think they're crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

F1ngers wrote: »
    I thought developers would be aiming higher next gen., especially when MAG has 128 player games - and that was started almost four years ago.

It's a launch game that's coming out on nearly every other viable format going, wait and see what happens further into the gen before writing things off.

It's a launch game that's coming out on nearly every other viable format going, wait and see what happens further into the gen before writing things off.

Exactly. BF4 and all Cross Gen games are not True Next Gen as they are made with PS3/X360 in mind too, so development time and effort wasn't completely focused on the Next Gen Platforms.

When they start making games only NG Platforms we'll truly be able to see what their power is like!

Klair88 wrote: »
    Exactly. BF4 and all Cross Gen games are not True Next Gen as they are made with PS3/X360 in mind too, so development time and effort wasn't completely focused on the Next Gen Platforms.

When they start making games only NG Platforms we'll truly be able to see what their power is like!

We will not really know much about the next gen till The Order: 1886 is out next year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm not writing it off - I thought they would have been able to do it since MAG was capable of it, like I said four years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I'm gonna split everything. Games for 10 to 15 quid a pop, might do the 360 + a few games (old stuff like PGR4, Bulletstorm, etc.) for about €150 (console is only 6 months old!).

I've got games like say RDR GOTY the Mass Effect Trilogy that will sell for a few quid, but Gamestop will only give peanuts for them. I actually did the same back in March to get a 360 (had a PS3 this last 5 years) as I had a stack of finished games that I wanted rid of, but wouldn't hold onto credit in there as they honestly looked like they were gonna go belly up due to their crazy amount of staff cutbacks. And they're complete jokers when it comes to faulty hardware, especially Sony stuff (a 30 day guarantee on new hardware? Yeah right lads, I'll see ye in the small claims court... ).
    Not being funny here but depending on the size of your hard drive 150 might be pushing it. The age of the console won't even factor really because a new current gen consoles are so competitive in pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭Evade

I was doing a bit of gooling for PS4 HDDs and a few articles, like this one, are claiming they take 12.7mm high drives. Anyone heard this from a trustworthy site?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

... what for, Kack or whatever it is called - should be called "kaka" more like.

Comedy gold...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

F1ngers wrote: »

MAG actually had twice that amount, 256 players which makes it even more impressive.

It was a fun game, but never really took off outside of a niche community.

Hopefully some studio will try do something similar again, no more zipper so no chance of a next-gen MAG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Evade wrote: »
    I was doing a bit of gooling for PS4 HDDs and a few articles, like this one, are claiming they take 12.7mm high drives. Anyone heard this from a trustworthy site?

Yeah the german site they linked to http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cbs-News-Playstation-4-7712087.html confirmed it would take a 12.5mm hard drive, id expect to see some good 2TB models next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭Evade

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah the german site they linked to http://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cbs-News-Playstation-4-7712087.html confirmed it would take a 12.5mm hard drive, id expect to see some good 2TB models next year.
    I'm planning on a day one upgrade so I think I'll go for 2TB. I replaced my Ps3 5 weeks ago and I already have 150GB of games on it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

319047856_dbf1ef3e92.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Killzone looks pretty but is just Killzone

Why do people do this? I read that Forza was just another racer the other day.

By the same completely and utterly stupid logic, Battlefield is just another Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

998.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

ksyjlNS.gif

• Advertisement

pa7vv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement