Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Just a glimpse of what next gen did to Fifa.. wow that's all I'm saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HhL8eXSy7A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

King Krib wrote: »

Not as good as battlefield though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

im going to be honest, that looked like ps3 gameplay bar the fans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Like comparing chalk and cheese that is. From a Fifa fans point of view that looks sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I got it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

During the Eurogamer Expo I walked past Fifa on the PS4 screens and genuinely couldn't tell any difference.

I imagine if both versions were both side by side you'd notice little things but I don't think I'll ever be really impressed by sports graphics anymore. They've already hit a certain height.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/25/ps4-system-software-update-1-50-detailed/

We wanted to shed some light on system software update version 1.50 for PS4, which will arrive simultaneously with the system’s official launch next month. By updating to system software version 1.50, you’ll be able to experience a variety of new features in addition to the basic functions of PS4.
    The system software update 1.50 is approximately 300 MB, and will include the following features:

Mod edit: Do not post the whole article.

tok9 wrote: »
    During the Eurogamer Expo I walked past Fifa on the PS4 screens and genuinely couldn't tell any difference.

I imagine if both versions were both side by side you'd notice little things but I don't think I'll ever be really impressed by sports graphics anymore. They've already hit a certain height.

i cant tell the difference either. i bet their menu screens still freeze and lag too:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i cant tell the difference either. i bet their menu screens still freeze and lag too:pac:

Oh god that frustrates me.

If they have sorted out that lag when selecting a team that would be a huge improvement.

tok9 wrote: »
    Oh god that frustrates me.

If they have sorted out that lag when selecting a team that would be a huge improvement.

even worse..selecting your starting 11 when playing with someone on same console..both team managments side by side...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

CombatCow wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/25/ps4-system-software-update-1-50-detailed/

We wanted to shed some light on system software update version 1.50 for PS4, which will arrive simultaneously with the system’s official launch next month. By updating to system software version 1.50, you’ll be able to experience a variety of new features in addition to the basic functions of PS4.
    The system software update 1.50 is approximately 300 MB, and will include the following features:

Some features will not be available at launch, such as “suspend/resume mode” which is a feature that keeps the PS4 system in a low power state and promptly takes users back to their game. We will provide additional information about system software update version 1.50 and features available at the PS4 system’s launch, and features that will be available after launch, in the near future.

Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Im liking that muzzle flash, every gun iv seen seems to have its own unique flash too.
    ibhrjgwL7XDkXl.gif

And dont get me started about these explosions either, fukn beautiful!
    ibeKBYD6FOyx0Z.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm not writing it off - I thought they would have been able to do it since MAG was capable of it, like I said four years ago.

They're basically making 3 versions of it though. You've got the runt of the litter with the 360/PS3 versions. You've got the super shiny PC version. Then there's the X1/PS4. That's too sets of brand new hardware right there. DICE are probably still getting a feel for how the new networks will respond too. And all this is being done to target a small release window.

And not to mention that more players does not necessarily make the game better. 64 could be the sweet spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Just looking at ^^^ KZ I have never felt so confident about a new console. The future is bright for gaming!

Not being funny here but depending on the size of your hard drive 150 might be pushing it. The age of the console won't even factor really because a new current gen consoles are so competitive in pricing.

Oh, I totally agree, but I'm as well to start looking for the highest price for it than the lowest. Incidentally, it's the 360 S, matte finish 250Gb, still minty fresh! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I'm considering changing over to the killzone bundle but not sure if I will like it, it looks like a great game but having never played any of the others I'm worried I won't be able to follow the story and find it boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I'm considering changing over to the killzone bundle but not sure if I will like it, it looks like a great game but having never played any of the others I'm worried I won't be able to follow the story and find it boring.

It is set some 30 years after the others and, to be honest, a quick read through the previous games' Wikipedia pages will catch you right up in no time.

Saucy new preview of KZ from Eurogamer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭bazzz

LauraW7746 wrote: »

If you'd like to know all about the History of Killzone,there's a great post on it The Killzone Universe: Complete Timeline & Backstory.Over on NeoGAF,it's a bit of a read.But it's worth it.

Saucy new preview of KZ from Eurogamer!

im not into the killzone franchise but im really happy to see the beauty of the graphics that is capable on ps4. is it just me or does the flame after explosions look like actual real fire :eek:

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    It is set some 30 years after the others and, to be honest, a quick read through the previous games' Wikipedia pages will catch you right up in no time.

In an interview i watched afew days back, they specifically said that its a brand new story line, with no need to have played any previous KZ. But said that there will be little throw backs to past events for fan service.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Sounds good, think I will switch and pay extra €40 for the bundle :) If I don't like it there's always adverts I guess.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/64302/call-of-duty-ghosts-ps4-allegedly-requires-49-gb-for-install

ghosts requires 49GB install upon inserting the game into the ps4...mother of god! think ill need a 2TB hdd to replace the original hdd

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Beginning to think I might get Killzone for PS4 regardless of whether I get in a bundle now.

FIFA 14 will be my number one choice, but a shooter would be good to have for online, and Killzone seems to be the best so will probably buy that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,306 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

None of the bundles amazon offered interested me other than the Watch Dogs one, when that was delayed I just went back to the PS4 on it's own. Going to order Battlefield 4 and NBA 2K14 from videogamesplus. CN$135/€93 for both with shipping is a good price I think! I've played about 20 minutes in total of the entire Battlefield series so I'm excited to try that.

Anyone know how long they take to deliver? My last order according to my account was December 2008 so I forget how long it takes! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

People bitching online about the firmware for the PS4 and the ONE.

On launch your personal console in each case may be up to 3 months old, neither company is making 3m consoles the week before release with an up to date firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Oat23 wrote: »
    None of the bundles amazon offered interested me other than the Watch Dogs one, when that was delayed I just went back to the PS4 on it's own. Going to order Battlefield 4 and NBA 2K14 from videogamesplus. CN$135/€93 for both with shipping is a good price I think! I've played about 20 minutes in total of the entire Battlefield series so I'm excited to try that.

Anyone know how long they take to deliver? My last order according to my account was December 2008 so I forget how long it takes! :o
    I think it 7 to 10 days I order Titanfall and infamous second son off them never used them so I give them a try better than paying €70 so would Dlc bought in EU work on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

rob808 wrote: »
    I think it 7 to 10 days I order Titanfall and infamous second son off them never used them so I give them a try better than paying €70 so would Dlc bought in EU work on them?

Yeah no longer than that, I use them a lot. It does but you will have to buy a US PSN gift card off Amazon.com and then create a US account on your PS3, then download the DLC from the US store, the EU version will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

CombatCow wrote: »

Well I hope they have an upgraded PSN ready.
    Past experiences with 300MB updates has been far from pleasant and that's with a 30mb connection.
    And while I'm complaining what's with games I download from PSN that need to be updated right away? Can it not download the up to date version.

• Advertisement

New DriveClub footage. Lighting looks amazing

W3m1A7.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement