Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I watched the latest Killzone play though from the Official PlayStation Mag on YouTube last night. They basically picked a level and played through it 4 different ways. I don't know if any of you have seen it but it kinda reminded me a bit of Rainbow 6 Vegas in a way. Might have be the stealthy breach and clear aspect. Looks fantastic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This could be interesting with Killzone SF, if it goes over 30fps it would be good, but it could also go the other way and we will be left with tearing and texture issues.

wL5mrHs.jpg

When will reviews start coming out for PS4 games?

When will reviews start coming out for PS4 games?

I would say from around the 4th of November, the X1 reviews are all embargoed till the 12th, but rumours are saying that it is due to certain games being only 720p.

This is not to start a fanboy argument or anything because I have both consoles pre ordered and still haven't decided what to get.

Will online be smoother with the PS4 this time around compared to PS3?

I have both a 360 and PS3 but always found the 360 a lot smoother online (in terms of lag etc). Is there anything in previews etc to suggest it will be improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

This is not to start a fanboy argument or anything because I have both consoles pre ordered and still haven't decided what to get.

I have both a 360 and PS3 but always found the 360 a lot smoother online (in terms of lag etc). Is there anything in previews etc to suggest it will be improved?
    Yea I say it will be a lot better but we see come nov 29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

rob808 wrote: »
    Yea I say it will be a lot better but we see come nov 29

I doubt the network will be running silky smooth on day 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

I'd imagine that would be fairly hard to get an accurate picture of before the console's released tbh. Multiplayer is only really going to be shown off in conditions set up by the publishers to be perfect.

So CoD does run natively 1080p on the PS4, which means it will not be upscaled thankfully.
    After it was revealed that Call of Duty: Ghosts would run at 1080p on PS4 through a listing on the PlayStation Store, many people have been wondering if this meant it would just output in 1080p, or if it would be native 1080p.

Speaking at the Brazil Game Show happening right now, Adam Boyes, VP of Publisher & Developer Relations at Sony Computer Entertainment America, confirmed that Call of Duty: Ghosts is “native 1080p on the PS4.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So we know that the Playstation App will be released on November 22nd but they haven't specified exactly which OS versions it can and can't run it. Do you think it will be iOS 7 only? I hope not because I'm still using the 3GS (still going strong) and iOS is the first update I was locked out of.

• Advertisement

So we know that the Playstation App will be released on November 22nd but they haven't specified exactly which OS versions it can and can't run it. Do you think it will be iOS 7 only? I hope not because I'm still using the 3GS (still going strong) and iOS is the first update I was locked out of.

Both iOS and Android on various versions, Windows phone as usual will not be getting it till later

http://kotaku.com/the-playstation-app-coming-november-13-to-enhance-your-1452149288

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It won't be restricted to just ios 7. Many apps still use ios 4 as their minimum and the PS won't be doing anything remarkably demanding so if you've ios 5 or 6 you're in the clear without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Xenji wrote: »
    Both iOS and Android on various versions, Windows phone as usual will not be getting it till later

http://kotaku.com/the-playstation-app-coming-november-13-to-enhance-your-1452149288

Id be surprised if we ever get it on Windows Phone to be honest. Not too bothered really as I have the Vita and I doubt I'll use this much anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

picked up Argos gift guide today ..

Killzone Shadow fall 79e on PS4, they want 73e for DS4 or Camera, 79e for standard version of Watchdogs (when it is released). That is just crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had quite a night out last night, was very drunk. I had a dream that I had Ps4 and it was awesome!

Needless to say I woke and was very sad, plus hangover to ****. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I had quite a night out last night, was very drunk. I had a dream that I had Ps4 and it was awesome!

Needless to say I woke and was very sad, plus hangover to ****. :(

At least you did not wake up with an xbone on the pillow next to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

198321 wrote: »

Killzone Shadow fall 79e on PS4, they want 73e for DS4 or Camera, 79e for standard version of Watchdogs (when it is released). That is just crazy.

i paid 99 euro to get cod ghosts and assassins creed 4 delivered from canada via videogamesplus.ca **** you argos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,498 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

with the playstation cloud service thing (starts with a g) will it be possible to play the new batman game and GTA 5 on the ps4.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    with the playstation cloud service thing (starts with a g) will it be possible to play the new batman game and GTA 5 on the ps4.

Gaikai will let you play PS3 game yes and it will come here sometime next year, but I doubt you will see new games like that on it just yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Squirtle McTurtle

)))))) only 32 days ((((((

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

)))))) only 32 days ((((((

real-madrid-dance-party.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

198321 wrote: »

Those prices are simply ridiculous. I could never convince myself to spend €80 on a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

We need a countdown somewhere on this forum. Surely admins could squeeze one in somewhere :D

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/142068.html?page=1#comments

Sony try fake PS4 reviews. Only trusted and paid journos got retail PS4 as it keeps overheating

mother of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭Evade

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Seems like an impartial and reputable site.
    That was sarcasm in case you were wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Evade wrote: »

I hope this is bull****. Nothing else to say.

Evade wrote: »

well its enough to be a worrying sign. if true then im canceling my preorder

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The professional games media's time is at an end, it's going to be all youtubers now. It won't matter if you have a journalism degree, years of experience, or can fit "visceral" into every sentence you're no longer relevant.

Breaking news comes from twitter, with in depth stuff being link to at the source; Neogaf. With the youtube filling in the rest.

Varik wrote: »
    The professional games media's time is at an end, it's going to be all youtubers now. It won't matter if you have a journalism degree, years of experience, or can fit "visceral" into every sentence you're no longer relevant.

Breaking news comes from twitter, with in depth stuff being link to at the source; Neogaf. With the youtube filling in the rest.

i came across it and it seems to be picking up on twitter and the likes. not a website i ever heard of so it probably is all bull**** but we will find out more in the coming days i guess

• Advertisement

well its enough to be a worrying sign. if true then im canceling my preorder

Hope that is sarcasm as well, do you not know the whole Neogaf theory, if you do not see it there, it is not true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement