Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Xenji wrote: »
    Hope that is sarcasm as well, do you not know the whole Neogaf theory, if you do not see it there, it is not true

nope. i dont use forums other than boards.ie much

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Hope that is sarcasm as well, do you not know the whole Neogaf theory, if you do not see it there, it is not true

I'm not worried anyway it probably is bull**** but if it isn't it's Americas problem to find first.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MarkY91 wrote: »
    nope. i dont use forums other than boards.ie much

Then just know if you do not see it on Neogaf it is not true let alone a rumour, they have had 100 plus page threads on stuff with less credibility than this rumor and with less relevance.

I'm not worried anyway it probably is bull**** but if it isn't it's Americas problem to find first.

If it is true and Americas problem to find first, we will find the same problem when it comes to our shores 2 weeks after that, so if it is true be worried, nothing will change in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If it is true and Americas problem to find first, we will find the same problem when it comes to our shores 2 weeks after that, so if it is true be worried, nothing will change in 2 weeks.

Pre-orders can be cancels if it's bad and at least we'll have a second chance to decide if we want it; dependant on where you ordered.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Pre-orders can be cancels if it's bad and at least we'll have a second chance to decide if we want it; dependant on where you ordered.

True, but this is a nothing rumour, we have not heard anything from any developers or mainstream media sites in all the months leading up to the PS4 launch about any issues, then a few weeks beforehand we get just a few annoyed journos that burned bridges with Sony talking ****e.

Varik wrote: »

Yup. As Varik said that exactly what I meant.. If there are heating issues I'll hold off on getting one

True, but this is a nothing rumour, we have not heard anything from any developers or mainstream media sites in all the months leading up to the PS4 launch about any issues, then a few weeks beforehand we get just a few annoyed journos that burned bridges with Sony talking ****e.

Also the article makes no sense as the ps4 kiosks are getting launched in the US

Also the article makes no sense as the ps4 kiosks are getting launched in the US

They have thousands already in the US and will be doing them in 60 Game stores next month in the UK. Tis a bull**** article, it is the first the PS4 has got this year, unlike the X1:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Did you actually read through that? Absolute rubbish (everything, not just the overheating bit).

I find it a bit hard to believe that Mark Cerney and his team will have overlooked something as important as heat dissipation. Its standard operating temp. is a good 10 or so degrees cooler than the PS3. Time will tell, but I'm calling BS on that 'article'.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Squirtle McTurtle

I'm about as far as u can get from a techy expert but this smells of waffle. Can any of you really see a company with a reputation as big and with as much to lose as SONY deliberately deceiving and blatantly leading on it's customers in such a way? I reckon it's b0llox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm calling absolute bullsh1t on this one too. No way Cerny et al would overlook such an issue. It's a typical 'click count' article published just before the release of the console to do just that.....get click counts.

Sure, if it all goes t1ts up, I've my Atari ST in my mothers attic with a fine layer of 1980s nostalgic dust covering it that I have set up to coincide with the sound of a mystic harp being strum as I blow it off. Gotta have a back up lads, gotta have a backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Won't be putting me off anyway./ Even if its true (which it isn't) we early adopters might get some compensation. Free games or something. Win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Eh, I dunno if free games will appease me with a burning console, but I'm not putting any belief in that article. I'd say it will be quashed soon enough. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sensationalist drivel.

Gotta love the comments on that 'article' :rolleyes:
    There was little research and developement on sonys part. Its all off the shelf. yes developing ur own hardware cuts out the middle man which reduces price but still i think sony isnt losing anything.

Like MRX said they are using it as a marketing ploy and sony even used their "loss" as a reason PS4 owners should purchase a year of PSN+. Sony is corrupt and liars.

If u were on the verge of going bankrupt would u sell a console at a loss?? wouldnt u lie and decieve as much as possible to survive??

Love his source and proof for what he says like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That article looks like a total bull****. I never heard about that website before too.

Well, anyway, we in Europe got 2 weeks of safety. If American gaming brothers will report issues hands on with ps4, then we got enough time to switch or cancel it completely.

Some more information on PlayGo.
    At the New York City unveiling of the system, Cerny talked about PlayGo, the system by which the console will download digital titles even as they're being played.

"The concept is you download just a portion of the overall data and start your play session, and you continue your play session as the rest downloads in the background," he explained to Gamasutra.

However, PlayGo "is two separate linked systems," Cerny said. The other is to do with the Blu-ray drive -- to help with the fact that it is, essentially, a bit slow for next-gen games.

"So, what we do as the game accesses the Blu-ray disc, is we take any data that was accessed and we put it on the hard drive. And if then if there is idle time, we go ahead and copy the remaining data to the hard drive. And what that means is after an hour or two, the game is on the hard drive, and you have access, you have dramatically quicker loading... And you have the ability to do some truly high-speed streaming."

Have also seen no mention of any overheating issues on any of the big tech forums this morning either.

Think if there was. we'd have heard something by now. Off NeoGaf if nothing else.

Did you actually read through that? Absolute rubbish (everything, not just the overheating bit).

I find it a bit hard to believe that Mark Cerney and his team will have overlooked something as important as heat dissipation. Its standard operating temp. is a good 10 or so degrees cooler than the PS3. Time will tell, but I'm calling BS on that 'article'.

yes i did. why?

i just saw an article that alot of people were reacting to. i just thought it would be an interesting read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Flower, Sound Shapes, Escape Plan and flow on PS4. For me, basically another three free games (as I have the first three already and these will be cross-buy)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Nice. Looking forward to playing Flower again

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

On the subject of Over heating of the PS4.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/23/ps4-passes-through-the-fcc-weighs-2-8kg6-1lbs-model-number-is-cuh-1001a/

The FCC confirmed it ran at 5-35 Degrees, PS3 ran at 35-45.

I run a popular(ish) gaming account on twitter and for every reliable source of Info about the PS4 i post, i get 5-10 Xbox fanboys trying to discredit me and post unreliable, un sourced "Facts" about the PS4.

The Console gaming community is looking very messing right now. Rumours, Falsehoods and outright lies are being spoken as gospel truth.

We'll know the truth in 4 weeks anyway.

Just take everything from now until Launch with a pinch of Salt.

With Amazon even charging a fortune for next gen games I'll have even more reason to go digital. Arkham origins was the last retail game I got and before that its been digital; GTA V.

While some publishers look for €69.99 for their games a lot more at selling at €59.99, which is far from the €45 of the good old days but the same or cheaper than more retail shops.

Klair88 wrote: »
    On the subject of Over heating of the PS4.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/23/ps4-passes-through-the-fcc-weighs-2-8kg6-1lbs-model-number-is-cuh-1001a/

The FCC confirmed it ran at 5-35 Degrees, PS3 ran at 35-45.

I run a popular(ish) gaming account on twitter and for every reliable source of Info about the PS4 i post, i get 5-10 Xbox fanboys trying to discredit me and post unreliable, un sourced "Facts" about the PS4.

The Console gaming community is looking very messing right now. Rumours, Falsehoods and outright lies are being spoken as gospel truth.

We'll know the truth in 4 weeks anyway.

Just take everything from now until Launch with a pinch of Salt.

it seems that the overheating has been debunked to being false rumours. i came across the article last night and though i should post it anyhow. sorry if i caused some controversy but i had no idea if the website was reputable or not as i dont search gaming websites much.

bring on PS4 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

it seems that the overheating has been debunked to being false rumours. i came across the article last night and though i should post it anyhow. sorry if i caused some controversy but i had no idea if the website was reputable or not as i dont search gaming websites much.

bring on PS4 :cool:

simple rule from now to launch dont read anything about the console from any main stream site without checking out the source as most will be Click bait.

PS4 review units havent be delivered yet and no journo will want to face the wraith of Sony/MS for breaking NDA. any news from here on in will be vague with dodgy sources

NTMK wrote: »
    simple rule from now to launch dont read anything about the console from any main stream site without checking out the source as most will be Click bait.

PS4 review units havent be delivered yet and no journo will want to face the wraith of Sony/MS for breaking NDA. any news from here on in will be vague with dodgy sources

it was the comments that caught me out. tons of people going mad over it. the noob has learned a valuable lession :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

NTMK wrote: »

There was one German site that had a retail copy, they opened up the PS4 slightly and showed how to replace the hard drive, and did some noise check levels.

There was one German site that had a retail copy, they opened up the PS4 slightly and showed how to replace the hard drive, and did some noise check levels.

Those lads have been doing a load lately, they've had multiple videos showing the DS4 on both PC and PS3 as well as trying out anything that the users suggest.

Most of the hate is from the games media who Sony aren't giving a free PS4 to, they're an entitled bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

saw 1 today and i have to say its very quiet :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement