Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

NTMK wrote: »
    saw 1 today and i have to say its very quiet :D

where did you see it? is it as stylish in person as it looks in videos :D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Shuhei Yoshida confirmed today on twitter that the Day One patch can be downloaded in the background so you can jump straight into your game without having to wait for it to download.

PS4 trophy unlock animation revealed.

PS4-trophy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

MarkY91 wrote: »
    where did you see it? is it as stylish in person as it looks in videos :D ?

GAME store over here quiet big looking but it was standing vertically. they only got it today so most of the guys are staying in store "to prepare for the AC midnight release":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Xenji wrote: »
    PS4 trophy unlock animation revealed.

PS4-trophy.gif

I'd think I'd prefer if they faded in and out subtlety.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

MarkY91 wrote: »
    yes i did. why?

i just saw an article that alot of people were reacting to. i just thought it would be an interesting read.

Take everything you read on no-name blogs with a quarry-load of salt! Especially when the commentators sounds like rabid fanboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Does it keep the same trophy ping? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do we have to make a new account for ps4?will our trophies carry over ps4 profile?

Do we have to make a new account for ps4?

Nope.
    will our trophies carry over ps4 profile?

Yip!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Grayditch wrote: »
    Nope.

Yip!

Great stuff :-D

Killzone is starting to look a lot more than the "boring generic shooter" I've seen this one being predicted as.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am actually quite excited about killzone. The single player very good and is a lot more then: "fight at point B, then go fight at point C, then extract. Rinse and repeat until credits roll".

I got bf4 ordered for pc with premium. Ghost for ps4. From a good few sources I already heard that bf4 is quite stunning on next gen. I sort of would like it on ps4 too now.... Though it would be a bit stupid to get ps4 and pc versions...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

I am actually quite excited about killzone. The single player very good and is a lot more then: "fight at point B, then go fight at point C, then extract. Rinse and repeat until credits roll".

I got bf4 ordered for pc with premium. Ghost for ps4. From a good few sources I already heard that bf4 is quite stunning on next gen. I sort of would like it on ps4 too now.... Though it would be a bit stupid to get ps4 and pc versions...
    Yea get it on PC because you have Ghost on ps4 and killzone no point in having two version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

ONE MONTH TO GO! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Haven't really played Killzone since the first one on PS2 (which I loved) so really looking forward to getting into Shadow Fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

BF4 on PS4.

Holy Crap, it doesn't look dumb downed at all! I cannot wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Klair88 wrote: »
    BF4 on PS4.

Holy Crap, it doesn't look dumb downed at all! I cannot wait now.

I-came-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1360.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Would there be any possibility of renting out a game for the PS4 on launch weekend here? I don't really want to buy FIFA 14 but I'd like to play it with some friends the Friday night and Saturday night. If I bought it would I get a good trade in price for it if I wanted to change to a different game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Deedsie wrote: »
    Would there be any possibility of renting out a game for the PS4 on launch weekend here? I don't really want to buy FIFA 14 but I'd like to play it with some friends the Friday night and Saturday night. If I bought it would I get a good trade in price for it if I wanted to change to a different game?

I think you would have a better chance of buying a PS3 in a shop on the 29th then renting a game as xtravison is moving away from games rental and just to sales.

Its going to set you back 65 euros its Fifa if you played and liked Fifa you will love this as its using new everything from Fifa 14 on the PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I think you would have a better chance of buying a PS3 in a shop on the 29th then renting a game as xtravison is moving away from games rental and just to sales.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

Moneymaker wrote: »
    ONE MONTH TO GO! :P

whoooooooooooooooooo

*dances*

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

With the PS4 Killzone Bundle...does anyone know if its a physical copy of the game or a download??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Mudlan wrote: »
    With the PS4 Killzone Bundle...does anyone know if its a physical copy of the game or a download??

Physical, but you cant trade that in.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Physical, but you cant trade that in.

Thanks! Ive poor internet at home and didn want to spend the first day or 2 waiting for it to download!

Its going to set you back 65 euros its Fifa if you played and liked Fifa you will love this as its using new everything from Fifa 14 on the PS3

Fair enough, I think I'll just buy the game and hope the trade in value is reasonably good or sell it on adverts possibly. I like FIFA games but only when playing friends, playing against the computer isn't very satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

You can play Fifa online if you dont wont to play the computer AI ?

Like you be looking at around 40 for the 1st week or 2 back and you can get 25% extra on a pre order so not much to lose

Had GTA for a month traded it in lost 15 euros was happy out

You can play Fifa online if you dont wont to play the computer AI ?

Like you be looking at around 40 for the 1st week or 2 back and you can get 25% extra on a pre order so not much to lose

Had GTA for a month traded it in lost 15 euros was happy out

How do you mean "you can get 25% extra on a pre order" never had an online account so couldn't play online

Gamestop do 25% extra on trade ins when its towards a pre order.

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    How do you mean "you can get 25% extra on a pre order" never had an online account so couldn't play online

If you trade in your games at Gamestop and put the money towards your pre order they give you a extra 25% for the game, when I traded in the collectors edition of GTA V I actually got more money for it then I first paid for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement