Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

mozattack wrote: »
    PS4 better graphics on multiplayer versus Xbox1 single player says JackFrags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDGAvdJ9PHQ

Respect

This is how sneaky they are. BF4 looks stupidly good in SP. In SP they dont need to deal with 63 more clients at the same time, so they can afford to push more visual candy in to SP. I know, I played a good few missions and some multiplayer already on PC.
    In MP its always toned down. To make it run better, as there are more things then just visual candy system needs to worry about.
    So they put SP on Xbox one to make worse system look better, and gave PS4 MP as it is more powerful and can handle it. Even so, PS4 managed to pull it off better then Xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I will not even bother with the SP. MP is where it's at and will always be! I would love to see another Vietnam Expansion down the line!

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I will not even bother with the SP. MP is where it's at and will always be! I would love to see another Vietnam Expansion down the line!

BF4 SP is a lot better then 3 m8. A lot more fun and looks amazing. Well worth it.

BF4 SP is a lot better then 3 m8. A lot more fun and looks amazing. Well worth it.

Maybe it was the framerate but BF3 SP made my head feel funny. Must have spent well over 1000hrs on BF3/BC2/Vietnam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    Planetside 2 will be available early next year according to Sony Online boss John Smedley.

God dammit, I was looking forward to that on PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Interesting video showing the PC and PS4 versions of battlefield being played side by side.

You can see it here, starts about a minute in http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battlefield-4-PC-238749/Videos/Battlefield-4-Vergleichsvideo-PC-vs-PS4-x-Wie-gut-ist-Next-Gen-wirklich-1094755/

They're saying that it's almost impossible to see a difference between PS4 and PC version. They compared it to BF4 running on a high-end PC with a "pretty expensive Radeon card". They're also expecting that if you're an owner of a PC that costs less than 1000€ then it will look worse than on PS4 if you want to target 60fps. 60fps is almost perfectly available in PS4 version. Given the low price of the PS4, they say that this definitely speaks for the console and against the PC version. In this video the PS4 version looks brighter due to the recording that they're using. Shadows, level of detail, etc are indistinguishable. Game runs smoothly even in "bombastic scenes"

The conclusion: They're recommending the PS4 version because of the 400€ price point for the hardware.

Interesting video showing the PC and PS4 versions of battlefield being played side by side.

You can see it here, starts about a minute in http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battlefield-4-PC-238749/Videos/Battlefield-4-Vergleichsvideo-PC-vs-PS4-x-Wie-gut-ist-Next-Gen-wirklich-1094755/

My pc worth now less then 1000eu and I run it on ultra 1080p with AA turned off. Those guys are talking out of their arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

My pc worth now less then 1000eu and I run it on ultra 1080p with AA turned off. Those guys are talking out of their arse.

what is it saying? (blocked at work for me)

How does it look compared to the PS4 videos you have seen?

NTMK wrote: »
    what is it saying? (blocked at work for me)

Just that you cannot see any difference between the PC and PS4 version of BF4 and if you have a computer under €1000 the PS4 version looks better, having seen neither on a real screen yet I do not know it it is true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

PS4 is between about medium settings by the looks of it on youtube. a pc €1000 will easily run bf4 at 1080p60 on ultra. hell my €1000 euro rig from 2 years ago will play BF4 on ultra at 1080p60

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

We wont know until we have the console at home hooked up and playing, or listen to a trusted reviewer like jackfrags

First of all, it is Compressed video, so you wount see the difference at all. Its like comparing 1080p and 480p in 240p video. You wount see it. When you put it on screen it is totally different.
    Dont understand me wrong, I am happy PS4 got some nice power behind it and can run BF4 on very respactable detail. I cant wait to get my ps4. Just such Journalism really goes on my tits. They say that a 1000eu PC wount be able to run BF4 as good as PS4. All it does just puts more wrong infromation in to peoples heads and makes PC that "unexplored Box of mystery" in Average Joes eyes. To make it worse it gives Console fanboys empty ammunition, which they shoot, but dont understand it at all.
    1000eu PCs will destroy and are destroying PS4 ( I wount even put xbox one here as that thing already lacks power ) power wise. And this is on Launch. Later few years down the line, when PS4 will brick, or there will be newer cooler one, people will spend another 400eu on same hardware, but with better looking box or bigger hdd. Pc fella will invest that 400eu back in to his PC and will have even more powerful system.

Actually hope that BF4 is not a success after reading this :P
    EA has cast doubt over Dragon Age: Inquisition's autumn 2014 release date, suggesting that though a release next year is "most likely", there's a possibility it could slip.

"We were highly conscious of the fact that, if Battlefield is as successful as we believe it'll be, that that sets ourselves up for a challenge next year," said EA CFO Blake Jorgensen during the firm's Q2 2014 financial call last night. "But remember, we're introducing NBA this year. We're introducing UFC next year. We have Sims next year, we would most likely, possibly have Dragon Age next year."

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/dragon_age_inquisition/news/uncertainty_over_dragon_age_inquisition_2014_release.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

mozattack wrote: »
    Still wonder why people mention Killzone, COD and Titanfall when the greatest game ever is coming to PS4

WOW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Objaswg-Rw

can you knock the BF4 lovefest down a notch or 20,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I Absolutely Love Battlefield Moz...

But this has me more excited.

Killzone: SF 1080P

10497262856_aeb43d977c_o.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Klair88 wrote: »

10497262856_aeb43d977c_o.gif
    What's not to like...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Killzone GIF

So-Beautiful.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's not going to like it, because he loves Battlefield, and that's not Battlefield and Battlefield is best etc., etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Otacon wrote: »
    So-Beautiful.gif

Savage!!!

• Advertisement

Klair88 wrote: »

1237811334_crying-in-the-audience.gif

KZ should be really damn epic. I am more excited about SP, then MP of it too, but I know that MP will be damn fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

KZ should be really damn epic. I am more excited about SP, then MP of it too, but I know that MP will be damn fantastic.

I hope I'm wrong, but multiplayer will probably be a noob tubing, spawn camping fest just like 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Ultimate PS4 FAQ is up! 160+ Questions answered! :-D

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I got eFibre installed at last yesterday and decided to try a few things to see if the increased speed helped.

Anyway, one of the things I checked was Home and made me wonder have Sony said what's replacing Home with the PS4 since it didn't take off? The only community stuff I've seen is simply posting like any other social media.

And by the way Home is still really slow and is still like that episode of Doctor Who where the Cybermen were walking around like ghosts, with all the avatars taking forever to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

It seems PS4 won't support MP3 files in the hopes of us paying money to Music Unlimited. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/sony-releases-list-of-things-the-playstation-4-cant-do
    And no video streaming from media server or pc either so you'll pay for their Video Unlimited service too :(

DK224 wrote: »
    http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/sony-releases-list-of-things-the-playstation-4-cant-do
    And no video streaming from media server or pc either so you'll pay for their Video Unlimited service too :(

You will have workarounds for that like we have on the PS3.

Confirmed that CoD is native 1080p and X1 is 720p upscaled to 1080, both 60 fps.

From Mark Rubin
    Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4. We optimized each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both. Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can’t wait for next week's launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

DK224 wrote: »

Ah man, that sucks. Another reason to hold onto the PS3. I probably spend twice as long on my PS3 streaming movie & tv files than I do gaming.
    Boo-urns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement