Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    Looking good

There will be plenty more to come like this until Titanfall 2 comes to PS4 and even then Destiny has impressed me more!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If ordering from Amazon.de, better be sure everything is in English. My brother lives in Germany and he buys from amazon.co.uk because games over there are usually in German. Think audio is usually English, but text, like subtitles and menus, is German

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nowhere near as good as the Killzone bundle, it is not even a bundle, it would be the same price as buying all of those separately, plus they are not guaranteeing you a console anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not really.

You might even get that lot for cheaper than 588, buying separate.

PS4 - 399
    Joypad - 65
    2 games, 120
    = 584.

• Advertisement

Nowhere near as good as the Killzone bundle, it is not even a bundle, it would be the same price as buying all of those separately, plus they are not guaranteeing you a console anymore.

I preordered in August and there was only 20 people on the list when I preordered

I preordered in August and there was only 20 people on the list when I preordered

You should be ok then, others have called them and have not got a good reply.

They might just be covering their arses with that price. Don't they say you can haggle with Harvey?

Grayditch wrote: »
    They might just be covering their arses with that price. Don't they say you can haggle with Harvey?

Yeah you can.I will try to haggle them

Just find the cheapest price for that lot between Smyths, Gamestop etc, and print it out and tell them you want it for that price! You never know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Is it true that the PS4 doesn't support sd tvs???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

It will not support analog output, so will only play on something that has a HDMI port

Can I use my standard-definition TV with PS4?

The resolution of PS4’s HDMI output changes automatically depending on the TV or monitor connected. Of course, PS4 has been designed to deliver games with rich, high-fidelity graphics that are best enjoyed on HD TVs.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Excited much? :)

The blog post about not allowing MP3's and media streaming has vanished, has Shu got it sorted already :pac:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/31/win-5-of-the-biggest-ps4-titles-with-music-unlimited/

The blog post about not allowing MP3's and media streaming has vanished, has Shu got it sorted already :pac:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/31/win-5-of-the-biggest-ps4-titles-with-music-unlimited/

Someone got a boot up the arse by Shu by the looks of it!

http://youtu.be/0a6cjcB085s?t=40s

HDMI port only no analog at all. You need a HDMI port on your TV

srumball wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/0a6cjcB085s?t=40s

HDMI port only no analog at all. You need a HDMI port on your TV

You could always get a HDMI-AV adapter, got my stubborn mother one who will not get a new TV till hers dies of death.

You could always get a HDMI-AV adapter, got my stubborn mother one who will not get a new TV till hers dies of death.

A TV can accidentally fall over sometimes wink wink!!! Its Halloween so maybe a poltergeist is about!

I think there may be issues with HDCP through some adaptors though. Hopefully not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Someone got a boot up the arse by Shu by the looks of it!

Its still there:

Will the PS4 system support media servers or DLNA support in order to stream videos or movies from a home PC?
    The PS4 system does not support client functionality for media servers.

Will I be able to play MP3s on the PS4 system?
    No.

However, under both of these points, and no other points is the following:
    *We appreciate your feedback and are exploring possibilities

So they obviously know people are annoyed about this.

Its still there:

Will the PS4 system support media servers or DLNA support in order to stream videos or movies from a home PC?

No.

Yeah that is from the FAQs, the original blog post is gone now, they must be doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Yeah that is from the FAQs, the original blog post is gone now, they must be doing something.

Ah right, didn't realise there was a separate blog post about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its still there:

No.

If true that would probably send me in the direction of the Xbox One, media streaming is at the very core of a console as a Living Room center piece imo.

Inquitus wrote: »
    If true that would probably send me in the direction of the Xbox One, media streaming is at the very core of a console as a Living Room center piece imo.

Then why not get a X1, that is what they are marketing it as and have done since the start, although they have not confirmed any of this either will work on the console.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Squirtle McTurtle

Inquitus wrote: »
    http://www.hifiengine.com/images/model/jvc_rc-m90_stereo_radio_cassette_recorder.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Why do people have to have such an attitude to someone wanting an all in one media centre piece? You win it's just a gaming console, congrats. No need for the attitude towards people who were hoping for something a little different.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Deedsie wrote: »
    Why do people have to have such an attitude to someone wanting an all in one media centre piece? You win it's just a gaming console, congrats. No need for the attitude towards people who were hoping for something a little different.

Well, that is one of the reasons we LOVE ps4. It is a god damn console made to play games. We have so many other items these days to do **** that we dont even want to, so it is very refreshing to see a thing that just plays god damn games! So far we see that PS4 is going that a lot better then competition, which is a jack of all trades.

Instead of moaning about things that PS4 is not going to be, why would not just go and buy Xbox one as by the looks of it it is something you looking for in device. Different products, for different people, which is fair enough.
    I am not being smart here or anything, it is just getting a bit annoying lately where random people come to this forum and moan on how particular device does not have Sucking pump from blowjobs and clitoris stimulating extenctions and how people will not buy it now as it is "A FECKING DEAL BREAKING" flaw....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Squirtle McTurtle

Deedsie wrote: »
    oh u boring f##k lighten up will ya ffs

• Advertisement

Well, that is one of the reasons we LOVE ps4. It is a god damn console made to play games. We have so many other items these days to do **** that we dont even want to, so it is very refreshing to see a thing that just plays god damn games! So far we see that PS4 is going that a lot better then competition, which is a jack of all trades.

Instead of moaning about things that PS4 is not going to be, why would not just go and buy Xbox one as by the looks of it it is something you looking for in device. Different products, for different people, which is fair enough.
    I am not being smart here or anything, it is just getting a bit annoying lately where random people come to this forum and moan on how particular device does not have Sucking pump from blowjobs and clitoris stimulating extenctions and how people will not buy it now as it is "A FECKING DEAL BREAKING" flaw....

wtf_shatner.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement