Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Squirtle McTurtle

my stereo doesn't support ps4 games. :(:(:( Ifeel a strongly worded letter to JVC is in otder!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is becoming increasingly like the Xbox One Thread, where any drawbacks can not be discussed without tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    This is becoming increasingly like the Xbox One Thread, where any drawbacks can not be discussed without tears.

Oh yes, they can, but if I hear one more time "ITS A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME! :pac:" I will just lose any hope in humanity. One thing talking about drawbacks and other one is just moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Well, that is one of the reasons we LOVE ps4. It is a god damn console made to play games. We have so many other items these days to do **** that we dont even want to, so it is very refreshing to see a thing that just plays god damn games! So far we see that PS4 is going that a lot better then competition, which is a jack of all trades.

Instead of moaning about things that PS4 is not going to be, why would not just go and buy Xbox one as by the looks of it it is something you looking for in device. Different products, for different people, which is fair enough.
    I am not being smart here or anything, it is just getting a bit annoying lately where random people come to this forum and moan on how particular device does not have Sucking pump from blowjobs and clitoris stimulating extenctions and how people will not buy it now as it is "A FECKING DEAL BREAKING" flaw....

It's a fúcking PC in console box, ofc it can act as a ****ing client to stream Media from my PC. In fact it can stream it from Sony's own subscription services, Sony can fúck off if they insist on crippling functionality that pre-exists on the fúcking console just so they can try and extort money from people from their wanky Music Unlimited service.

I don't want an all singing all dancing console, but given its a PC in a box they can at the very least continue the PS3 DNLA client functionality.

Oh yes, they can, but if I hear one more time "ITS A DEAL BREAKER FOR ME! :pac:" I will just lose any hope in humanity. One thing talking about drawbacks and other one is just moaning.

One man's treasure, etc. etc.

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's a fúcking PC in console box, ofc it can act as a ****ing client to stream Media from my PC. In fact it can stream it from Sony's own subscription services, Sony can fúck off if they insist on crippling functionality that pre-exists on the fúcking console just so they can try and extort money from people from their wanky Music Unlimited service.

I don't want an all singing all dancing console, but given its a PC in a box they can at the very least continue the PS3 DNLA client functionality.

Thats the beauty of a free market: You dont like it, dont fecking buy it.

I dont like Xbox one offering, but I wount be going to Xbox one thread and just talk **** like how it is a DEAL BREAKER for me that I have to buy Kinect, pay extra 100eu, getting less powerful console, ****ier xbox live service, forced TV stuff that I dont even need and it is not even supported.

There are Pros and Cons to each thing. Clearly if you need a Media centre there is a better offering in the market for that. Yes, Sony is a big bad wolf, but you are not forced in to dealing with them.
    We dont even have full info on it and most likely it will be patched in later, like always. People make way too much drama about something like playing MP3 on damn thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

So, I'm planning to upgrade my TV with a new HD one. I like to have a small screen as it doesn't stress my eyes too much, so around the 20" mark is good.

I've found two monitors that fit my size and price range. I'm not a techy so would these monitors cause any performance problems for the PS4/PS3?

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/AOC-e2270Swn-Full-HD-215-LED-Monitor/315441/113

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1095533/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780850%7CComputers+and+monitors%7C14419111.htm

People are disappointed that media features that the PS3 had, have been (seemingly) removed, which is perfectly reasonable, but by all means, continue to get worked up and tell them to buy Xbox ones.

So, I'm planning to upgrade my TV with a new HD one. I like to have a small screen as it doesn't stress my eyes too much, so around the 20" mark is good.

I've found two monitors that fit my size and price range. I'm not a techy so would these monitors cause any performance problems for the PS4/PS3?

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1095533/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780850%7CComputers+and+monitors%7C14419111.htm

Make sure Monitors have Built in speakers ( unless you got separate speakers or use headset ) and most impartantly - HDMI output, not all monitors have that.
    Monitors in general dont have problems with latency and lag compared to TVs. So I would not worry much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Make sure Monitors have Built in speakers ( unless you got separate speakers or use headset ) and most impartantly - HDMI output, not all monitors have that.
    Monitors in general dont have problems with latency and lag compared to TVs. So I would not worry much about it.
    Alright thanks for the reply. :)

• Advertisement

People are disappointed that media features that the PS3 had, have been (seemingly) removed, which is perfectly reasonable, but by all means, continue to get worked up and tell them to buy Xbox ones.

I am not worked up, but I am providing better solution to their problem. I wount be offering you to buy a roadster for work, when you need a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I am not worked up, but I am providing better solution to their problem. I wount be offering you to buy a roadster for work, when you need a van.

Well if the company told you at the last minute it was a roadster, not a van, you're gonna get complaints. You're speaking from what you want in a console. They're doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Neither of those have HDMI inputs which you will need for the full 1080.

Well if the company told you at the last minute it was a roadster, not a van, you're gonna get complaints. You're speaking from what you want in a console. They're doing the same.

Company did not told you a thing about what kind type the car is, did you asked abouts its specifics yourself, you still went in and preordered? No.. I dont really think its Companies fault. Its customers own fault.

Company did not told you a thing about what kind type the car is, did you asked abouts its specifics yourself, you still went in and preordered? No.. I dont really think its Companies fault. Its customers own fault.

Eh, right. Ok. Well I hope people moan enough about it until it's changed. It worked with the Xbox One. MP3 playback is pretty basic. I'm pretty sure some kettles can do it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I never use my console for playing MP3s, etc, but I would have assumed it would be included as the same facility was provided on the PS3, and the PS4 is just an x86 box. It's not like it's groundbreaking new tech. I can understand why some people may have expected it and are disappointed that it doesn't seem to be included and may opt for something else.

No need to go off on one because some people are disappointed, tbh. Telling them to go buy an X1 is a bit stupid seeing as they haven't even confirmed the same features.

Eh, right. Ok. Well I hope people moan enough about it until it's changed. It worked with the Xbox One. MP3 playback is pretty basic. I'm pretty sure some kettles can do it at this stage.

I agree on this. Moaning helps and Xbox one proved it. 99% PS4 will support mp3 in with nearest few patches.

What really is funny - people will cancel they ps4s, because it does not play mp3, which you can listen on 10 devices you already got in your house? Sorry, but I cannot tkae those people serious no matter what is their argument. Maybe those people were looking for fancy mp3 player and not a console? Well, there are cheaper options!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Wow, you can really see the difference between the PS4 and Xbox One.

0292_pkoic.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Does anyone know if Sony will be doing a PS4 tour like the Xbox One tour? Really looking forward to trying out the controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Davei141 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Sony will be doing a PS4 tour like the Xbox One tour? Really looking forward to trying out the controller

It'll be touring my sitting room in 29 days :D so all those X1 guys can share all the germs all they like :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Squirtle McTurtle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Well, that is one of the reasons we LOVE ps4. It is a god damn console made to play games. We have so many other items these days to do **** that we dont even want to, so it is very refreshing to see a thing that just plays god damn games! So far we see that PS4 is going that a lot better then competition, which is a jack of all trades.

Instead of moaning about things that PS4 is not going to be, why would not just go and buy Xbox one as by the looks of it it is something you looking for in device. Different products, for different people, which is fair enough.
    I am not being smart here or anything, it is just getting a bit annoying lately where random people come to this forum and moan on how particular device does not have Sucking pump from blowjobs and clitoris stimulating extenctions and how people will not buy it now as it is "A FECKING DEAL BREAKING" flaw....

Moaning might result in them actually sorting it out, what do you care if people are unhappy with aspects of the console? Focus on your own happiness with it. I maintain its a very valid criticism of the PS4. I want to have all the features of the PS3 and loads more innovations on top of it...

I'll get an xbox if it's the right console for me, but I would prefer to get a PS4... I have been with Sony through PS1,2,3 & 4 if they sort the issues that are bothering me and many other people all over the world. I won't spend my money on a product that could easily be so much better if it wasn't for greed on sony's part. Music unlimited? Gimme a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I never really used DNLA and MP3 is hardly going to stop me buying PS4, but there's a difference between features you expect being missing and features being removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Was in gamestop this morning and finally caved and picked up Killzone for the PS4. After watching the online gameplay over the last few days/weeks I changed my opinion from definately not getting, thinking that I may get it to actually buying it this morning. Only 15 days to go but hopefully a midnight launch and 14 days 9Hrs 44mins till I can actually play it.

W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I love killzone. Can't wait for it :p

I need to brush up on my Killzone storyline, despite playing them all, haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I need to brush up on my Killzone storyline, despite playing them all, haha.

No need to. This one is set 30 years after the last on a new planet. All there is to it is the ISA and Helgans hate each other. They try to live in peace and it does not work. Like Cold War Berlin with the wall basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

No need to. This one is set 30 years after the last on a new planet. All there is to it is the ISA and Helgans hate each other. They try to live in peace and it does not work. Like Cold War Berlin with the wall basically.

It's Vektan, the world from the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's a storyline in Killzone? I just thought it was a pretentious avant garde piece about different shades of grey and brown destroying each other for some reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement