Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Naughty Dogs new game set in space?:

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/11/01/more-hints-of-naughty-dog-new-game-set-in-space

ND touring Space X:
    BX2NGhrCEAAXrbO.jpg

Geoff Keighley also teased this image:
    naughty_dog_et-266x400.gif

A Naughty Dog employees makes a sci-fi helmet:
    naughty-dog-employee_space_helmet-381x400.jpg

Could be real, could be fake although Christophe Balestra just tweeted a few hours ago squashing the rumour:

Visiting SpaceX... and no we're not making a game that takes place in space! We just got invited because we're cool!

A Naughty Dog space game would be absolutely unreal! One of the best experiences I've ever had in a game was the opening scene from Mass Effect 2-to be more specific, the section where Sheperd performed a small space walk through the torn out wreckage of his ship.

Space has always been a genre I'd love to see tackled on an epic scale and if anyone could do it, ND could.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

So much fuss here about not being able to play MP3 on ps4, a gaming console, must rung Dyson to complain I can't watch Sky Sports on my hoover so.

Ridiculous

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not as ridiculous as your comparison :P, it's a feature the previous generation had that the upcoming generation does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone know of any good games for 9 year olds on launch apart from Knack or whatever that is called?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone know of any good games for 9 year olds on launch apart from Knack or whatever that is called?

Lego Marvel Super Heros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

So much fuss here about not being able to play MP3 on ps4, a gaming console, must rung Dyson to complain I can't watch Sky Sports on my hoover so.

Ridiculous

Who even listens to MP3s on their console anyway? I've a phone for that and a sound system I can place it into which would be handier anyway.

I've never had music on my PS3, if I wanted I could just use the vevo or youtube app for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Such a pity Killzone is 18s. He'd enjoy that.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    Knack
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Minecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Who even listens to MP3s on their console anyway? I've a phone for that and a sound system I can place it into which would be handier anyway.

I've never had music on my PS3, if I wanted I could just use the vevo or youtube app for that.

there are games that let you import a custom soundtrack, such as Fifa which also lets you import proper crowd chants to add to the match experience. Then for WWE games its vital for created wrestlers. I know I wouldn't buy the game without this feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Have any links?

Just some cryptic tweets from Epic Games and a few other tweets, all just rumors at the moment.
    Mark Rein is the Vice President and Co Founder of EPIC games and recently on his twitter, he posted a count-down to the PS4 midnight launch, seemed reasonable enough, but then Geoff Keighley announced a GTTV that would be announcing a ton of new PS4 games at the midnight launch and this tied into Mark Rein's previous Tweet and the exact same time. Not to mention Mark Rein "Retweeted" Geoff's Tweet about the GTTV Show and I checked his previous Tweets, he never Retweeted any of Geoff's Tweets about GTTV in the past, how very interesting. Now this doesn't mean EPIC's next game will be a PS4 exclusive, but it's a possibility, considering the fact that Phil Spencer confirmed EPIC aren't working with Microsoft in Podcast Unlocked. Could we see Gears of War 4 on a Playstation platform? That would cause a massive sh*tstorm on the Internet, I can see NeoGaf exploding now, but I'd love to see a New IP, but as far as I know, I'm excited and I cannot wait for the PS4 midnight launch #Greatness...

74133bb03fbc051b5da4ec72dc1c9821.png

there are games that let you import a custom soundtrack, such as Fifa which also lets you import proper crowd chants to add to the match experience. Then for WWE games its vital for created wrestlers. I know I wouldn't buy the game without this feature.

People still play WWE games?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Presumably you could use other audio formats - such as the super common aac format?

Honestly I haven't read up much on this issue as I'm quite used to converting music formats to suit devices so have simply assumed the ps4 is no different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Xenji wrote: »
    Video showing all the devices we know so far the DS4 works with.

Anywhere in Dublin selling DS4 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

e_e wrote: »
    Anywhere in Dublin selling DS4 now?

Nope only us and canadian stores and sites are selling them, Iv put a pre-order with videogamesplus for one hoping they will ship it soon, they said they are in talks with their supplier about a date atm. Pity amazon.com wont ship them here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Contrast or whatever that's called
    PlayRoom or whatever that's called
    Resogun or whatever that's called
    Sound Shapes or whatever that's called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

CombatCow wrote: »
    Nope only us and canadian stores and sites are selling them, Iv put a pre-order with videogamesplus for one hoping they will ship it soon, they said they are in talks with their supplier about a date atm. Pity amazon.com wont ship them here :o
    Dang! Just watched the video and was hyped to get one now and play Portal 2 with it on Steam. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Presumably you could use other audio formats - such as the super common aac format?

Honestly I haven't read up much on this issue as I'm quite used to converting music formats to suit devices so have simply assumed the ps4 is no different?

I'm sure you could. The other poster said who even uses MP3s on their console so I gave an example. I don't care about it too much, it's a games console after all, but I do think not supporting CDs is a bit ridiculous since it's so basic. I expect it to be included in a future patch anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'm sure you could. The other poster said who even uses MP3s on their console so I gave an example. I don't care about it too much, it's a games console after all, but I do think not supporting CDs is a bit ridiculous since it's so basic. I expect it to be included in a future patch anyway.
    Didn't they already pretty much confirmed mp3 will be patched in? Crisis is over, no need for massive cancellation movement. :pac:

Anyway, it's the final month. I am Not too bad now. Really busy with eve online and bf4 ( when it fecking works). It will get very bad on last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Strangely compelled to pick up Lego Marvel at launch alongside Killzone. Looks like loads of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I actually can't wait for knack, looks deadly.

cloud493 wrote: »
    I actually can't wait for knack, looks deadly.

It is supposed to be very challenging as well, I will be picking it up at launch along with NBA 2K14.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

_Redzer_ wrote: »

You think it's odd that someone would use music files on a console (which is permanently rigged to a TV at least, and probably a sound system) by saying "I've a phone for that" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

It is supposed to be very challenging as well, I will be picking it up at launch along with NBA 2K14.

knack looks interesting, but no way i would pay 65 euro for it ..

i might try it once its free on PS+ ..

198321 wrote: »
    knack looks interesting, but no way i would pay 65 euro for it ..

i might try it once its free on PS+ ..

Get it from Canada or Digitally and you can have it for €40 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am waiting for reviews before I buy any games.

Knack which is meant to be difficult game and I get a Crash Bandicoot vibe from it.

You think it's odd that someone would use music files on a console (which is permanently rigged to a TV at least, and probably a sound system) by saying "I've a phone for that" :rolleyes:

Yep. I can stream to my tv using my phone, it's a lot quicker and easier than doing it through the PS3. Some people will miss the MP3 play back but the majority won't use it, especially will all sound systems becoming wireless, your phone/tablet will be the primary source of your music and it being far less cumbersome than using a console for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

It looks like MP3 support will be added in some point in the future due to the backlash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm getting most of my PS4 games from new york. Dunno what 60 dollars in euros is, but its cheaper than gamestop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

26 days lads and ladies :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Get it from Canada or Digitally and you can have it for €40 :D

it's (Knack) worth €15 or less ..

I don't understand game pricing. Knack being as expensive as new Call of Duty or Battlefield? I'm sure Call of duty development costs few times as much as Knack .. It's cool game for kids, but why is it as expensive (or more expensive than GTA5)?

Also how long is gameplay ? Few hours (and no multiplayer) / vs 100s hours playing COD/BF4/GTA5?

• Advertisement

198321 wrote: »
    it's (Knack) worth €15 or less ..

I don't understand game pricing. Knack being as expensive as new Call of Duty or Battlefield? I'm sure Call of duty development costs few times as much as Knack .. It's cool game for kids, but why is it as expensive (or more expensive than GTA5)?

Also how long is gameplay ? Few hours (and no multiplayer) / vs 100s hours playing COD/BF4/GTA5?

CoD and BF4 are really not in the same category as Knack and GTA, you get 100's of hours out of the games, but that is just repetition of same 10 or 12 maps and a tiny single player campaign, games like Knack and GTA involve a lot more design and level building and wind up costing a lot more to make then your generic fps games that most of the time are just rehashes of previous releases.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement