Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

3206jake wrote: »
    Cheers,want a blue one

they only have the bog standard black available. EU will get the red.blue before us over here with them being released towards the end of the year.

W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone know when the game/console reviews are gonna start coming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Tomorrow for COD Ghosts on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Ordered the Turtle Beach P4C headset from Amazon. Looks very nice for the price. I prefer to keep the sound from the tv and just the voice chat to one ear on consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

CombatCow wrote: »
    They don't have the red/blue dualshock4's in the states yet, it will be sometime in 2014.

That's no good but I don't really need one straight away,defo want a coloured one tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

That's no good but I don't really need one straight away,defo want a coloured one tho

Gamestop.co.uk have them for a great price (£39.99) but you will have to use parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Gamestop.co.uk have them for a great price (£39.99) but you will have to use parcel motel.

Cheers,are they out the 29th or earlier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Cheers,are they out the 29th or earlier ?

The 29'th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

The 29'th

Ugh, need to pick one up for launch of the missus will kill me! I wonder if there is anywhere else to order from on the cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

cloud493 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the game/console reviews are gonna start coming in?

They will start coming out tomorrow, the Xbox ones are embargoed till the 12th.

• Advertisement

Naughty Dog has taken to Reddit and addressed fans on several things, such as what it’s up to next, Savage Starlight, thoughts on PS4 and debunking chatter that it’s developing for PS Vita. Choice quotes inside.
    It comes as Naughty Dog acknowledged receipt of 120 PS4 dev kits. Interesting.

In the thread, Uncharted 3′s game director Justin Richmond and lead multiplayer designer Robert Cogburn discussed many things, chiefly, PlayStation 4.

“The PS4 is awesome”, Cogburn enthused.It gives us the chance to do a lot of things we’ve been talking about for some time. You’ll be in awe when you play it”.

We’re still not sure what the team is working on. Naughty Dog recently confirmed it was working on a Jak & Daxter reboot, but that the project was subsequently scrapped.

Users also quizzed the duo on Savage Starlight, the space-faring adventure depicted in comic collectibles found in The Last of Us. When asked it it’s actually a game, Richmond said, “If only the Starlight wasn’t so Savage…”

While this sounds like a tease, OPM has reminded us of a tweet from Naughty Dog president Christophe Balestra, that seems to debunk the game’s existence.

Elsewhere, Richmond said of the studio’s next project, “We will continue to make the games that we want to play. For now that is character based, narrative driven games.” He added that this focus, “could change in the future.”

On Vita he concluded that Naughty Dog has, “no plans to develop on Vita at this moment”.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/04/naughty-dog-comments-on-savage-starlight-game-has-no-plans-for-ps-vita-at-present/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

What are the chances that external hard drives won't be able to be used for storage but will be able to be used for video playback?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Deedsie wrote: »
    What are the chances that external hard drives won't be able to be used for storage but will be able to be used for video playback?

At the moment, no - but it's a wait and see with Sony at the moment.

Brand new Features Video

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

What would you need super speed USB ports for? Charging controllers and updating firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Deedsie wrote: »
    What would you need super speed USB ports for? Charging controllers and updating firmware?

hopefully for playing movies

So gonna happen on the 29th

Probably the first fighting game we will see on the PS4 ( Divekick does not count ) no date yet for it, but should be out by the summer of next year, PS exclusive as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Such a pity Killzone is 18s. He'd enjoy that.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    Knack
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Minecraft

Thanks, Minecraft is coming to PS4? When, he loves that... loves that TOO much though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

198321 wrote: »
    I do agree with you, and if Knack gets amazing reviews and is as good as AAA games I would be happy to pay 60euro.

The point is I doubt Knack would get amazing reviews, it seems it is cool game, fun to play for a while, but nothing breathtaking. Perfect game to buy on ebay month/two after release. I am just saying 60euro is too much (for me) :cool:

I think the point here is that some games (sorry but have to mention Battlefield) are amazing value for some avid fans of the series, e.g. 800 hours for €100 game (including add ons) so for me to consider paying €60 for a game with no MP and no replayability seems poor value.

Fifa, COD, Battlefield or any game with good MP is always going to be better value than a game with just SP and I think the price of the latter should reflect that or await poor sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mozattack wrote: »
    Thanks, Minecraft is coming to PS4? When, he loves that... loves that TOO much though!

Minecraft will be available at launch for PS4

So it only takes 2 mins and 44 secs from when you put Killzone SF in, till you are actually playing the game, the cache system is a major plus that people do not mention enough or understand that well.

kztwitterm4skw.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

mozattack wrote: »
    I think the point here is that some games (sorry but have to mention Battlefield) are amazing value for some avid fans of the series, e.g. 800 hours for €100 game (including add ons) so for me to consider paying €60 for a game with no MP and no replayability seems poor value.

Fifa, COD, Battlefield or any game with good MP is always going to be better value than a game with just SP and I think the price of the latter should reflect that or await poor sales.

So every single game needs to fit a one-size fit all approach with multiplayer and fifty hour plus long campaigns with multiple difficulty modes, or otherwise be budget priced? That's exactly the reasoning why so many games are loaded with superfluous, disposable multiplayer, interminably dragged-out SP campaigns and otherwise pointless filler. In other words, the quest for 'value' very often makes games worse.

I'm sorry, but I have rather strong views on this subject, and think this kind of attitude is and will continue to be destructive to a medium I love. It's the reason why the mid-tier game, the sort of medium budget, publisher backed title that resulted in some of the best games during the PS2 era, has effectively disappeared, depriving us of talented developers granted the resources to do something really different and enjoy a healthy retail release and promotion. There needs to be a middle ground between 'indie' and AAA, and unfortunately the demand for 'more!' from console games has forced many developers to retreat to handheld, especially Japanese ones. Thankfully, at least, digital release have allowed some smaller developers to thrive, but it's the better resourced publishers who have grown increasingly risk-averse.

I also think 'replayability' might be the single dirtiest, most meaningless word in the video game lexicon, but that's just me.

So every single game needs to fit a one-size fit all approach with multiplayer and fifty hour plus long campaigns with multiple difficulty modes, or otherwise be budget priced? That's exactly the reasoning why so many games are loaded with superfluous, disposable multiplayer, interminably dragged-out SP campaigns and otherwise meaningless filler. In other words, the quest for 'value' very often makes games worse.

I'm sorry, but I have rather strong views on this subject, and think this kind of attitude is and will continue to be destructive to a medium I love. It's the reason why the mid-tier game, that provided many of the best games during the PS2 era, has effectively disappeared, depriving us of talented developers granted the resources to do something really different and enjoy a healthy retail release and promotion. There needs to be a middle ground between 'indie' and AAA, and unfortunately the demand for 'more!' from console games has forced many developers to retreat to handheld, especially Japanese ones.

I also think 'replayability' might be the single dirtiest word in the video game lexicon, but that's just me.

I agree with you fully, I loath FPS games ( willing to give KZ:Sf a chance seeing it is coming in the bundle ) I think they have really screwed up the industry, people who just got out any buy them and play nothing else are not real gamers and it shows in their mindset and comments. Give me a good RPG any day that can take anywhere form 40-120 hours to finish and tell me that is not good value for money, why would I want to play something on the same small maps for 1000's of hours doing the same thing over and over again, when I could be playing something new and exciting.

You also find that these are the same people who will not play indie games as they reckon that nothing can compare to the entertainment that the big AAA titles they are used to give them and then deride the games without even looking at them or giving them a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Xenji wrote: »
    I agree with you fully, I loath FPS games ( willing to give KZ:Sf a chance seeing it is coming in the bundle ) I think they have really screwed up the industry, people who just got out any buy them and play nothing else are not real gamers and it shows in their mindset and comments. Give me a good RPG any day that can take anywhere form 40-120 hours to finish and tell me that is not good value for money, why would I want to play something on the same small maps for 1000's of hours doing the same thing over and over again, when I could be playing something new and exciting.

You also find that these are the same people who will not play indie games as they reckon that nothing can compare to the entertainment that the big AAA titles they are used to give them and then deride the games without even looking at them or giving them a chance.

I think the point being made is regarding much shorter games as opposed to RPGs which are generally quite long.

But I completely agree with the point being made. I generally love a lot of different games and I've no issue with how long the game is. The idea that games should be priced based on length is ridiculous.

What kind of view do people have for books/movies/music etc? The longer they are the more you will pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

With a cheaper price also at €35, this will be the game that will show us any major differences between multiplatform games, although it really is only an extended demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

In Hideo we trust

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

*Checks it's not April 1st...

Today has suddenly become a lot better!

It's also great to see Otacon got the information... he's got some mad computer skills :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Otacon wrote: »

Sure, 2014 in kojima's universe, but when will WE see the game?! Do I have to remind you of the MGS4 original release date?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement