Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

my friend in englands local gameshop put a ps4 kiosk in their store. any word on any of them showing up in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Sure, 2014 in kojima's universe, but when will WE see the game?! Do I have to remind you of the MGS4 original release date?

Aaron.. stop talking sense and putting a downer on the day! :P

It is only the prologue to The Phantom Pain...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Bet you it'll end up being 50 quid in gamestop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

So the red/blue controllers won't be released for Launch Day? (gamestop.ie says they will). When will we get them here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Brian017 wrote: »
    So the red/blue controllers won't be released for Launch Day? (gamestop.ie says they will). When will we get them here?

They will you can get them from amazon.co.uk or the gamestop.ie website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

CombatCow wrote: »
    They will you can get them from amazon.co.uk or the gamestop.ie website.

Oh. Thanks for that! wcarey1975 2 pages back seemed to suggest that they'd come later in the year

Brian017 wrote: »
    Oh. Thanks for that! wcarey1975 2 pages back seemed to suggest that they'd come later in the year

He was talking about the release in the USA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any word on any other bundles being released I missed out on the mega bundle cause I didn't answer my phone :(
    My mate in GameStop says EA might release something but nothing is confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

"Your Amazon.co.uk order of "Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)" has been dispatched"

Sh*t just got real. 25 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any word on any other bundles being released I missed out on the mega bundle cause I didn't answer my phone :(
    My mate in GameStop says EA might release something but nothing is confirmed.

I doubt it at this stage, an official bundle would still have to come from Sony and EA are unlikely to to be able to coordinate a 3rd party bundle with shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

He answers my question at 2.25 mark! So delighted! :D

I feel like me and him are friends now. Might see if he's free on the 29th, few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I don’t think I know how to shop. Went in to cancel my PS4 order only to end up completing my preorder purchase. Hesitant about the controller, not that I don't think it'll be good, but I don't think I can use it personally.

If it turns out that I can’t use it, i should be able to flog it pretty easily, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

miralize wrote: »
    If it turns out that I can’t use it, i should be able to flog it pretty easily, right?

Going by the amount of people who want a console, and haven't pre-ordered. I reckon you will have no issues at all finding a buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

wes wrote: »
    Going by the amount of people who want a console, and haven't pre-ordered. I reckon you will have no issues at all finding a buyer.
    Perfect, I'm on the Day one list an my local gamestop too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Varik wrote: »
    I doubt it at this stage, an official bundle would still have to come from Sony and EA are unlikely to to be able to coordinate a 3rd party bundle with shops.

Why are you being mean to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did not realised Ghost coming out tonight. I got it preordered for ps4, but I will see some review if its any good.
    I might cancel it and get something else for ps4, as it is already confirmed that it has no split screen, the biggest reason I even preordered damn thing for ps4.

any word of any PS4 kiosks in dublin guys? very strange that its coming out in over 3 weeks and theirs no place to have a shot of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Just watched a high bit rate video of Killzone's Multiplayer. It looks amazing.

Lucreto wrote: »
    Just watched a hit bit rate video of Killzone's Multiplayer. It looks amazing.

i downloaded it too. you can really see the smoothness in gmeplay and the fps compared to ****ty youtube.

heres a link to the download guys..really stunning

http://t.co/uwxhI5VKPt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Good news for both consoles, no signs of any overheating
    We’ve been using a bunch of dev kits. They’ve been on almost all the time, sometimes even over night. They’ve always stayed cool, never even gotten warm so It has never suggested the threat of a problem. We have had n0 problems with any of the dev kits throughout development.

As far as I know, the specs and cooling of the current dev kits are the same as the final retail consoles, and I never saw one getting any hotter than a PS3 or a Xbox 360. Our consoles never had problems of that sort, and if you’re talking about that picture with the red line, I never saw something like that.

None of our devkits, either PS4 or Xbox One, had any overheating problems. We have so many and we use them so much that if there was any big issue we’d have probably noticed something, but no, they all worked and still work like a charm.

There’s no such thing as a new console launch without a number of faulty units, but none of the development kits we have suffered from any problem related to heat.

We don’t really like getting in the middle of console war stuff /rumors so we’d rather not be credited for a quote, but this makes me giggle. We’ve been using test and dev kits for a while. No over heating issues. We run them for full business hours and beyond. Granted, they aren’t identical to what will be released, so really anyone claiming to have an issue is either fabricating it, or it would be something I’d expect resolved in the final model. No issues on our end that I’ve seen.

In addition to developers, I also contacted a few people that worked at the Sony booths at recent trade shows, Milan’s Games Week and the event in Paris that goes by the same name (both booths had a very high number of working consoles). I also managed to get in contact with someone that worked at the Battlefield 4 booth at the Paris Games Week, where 32 PS4 and 32 Xbox One units worked over time for almost a week.

They all were very clear in explaining that no console had any kind of overheating issue during the events, and trade show conditions are just as brutal than the development environment.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=de2ccb8ca8943c06669720e0a267a9f6&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D709229&v=1&libId=cee0fbe7-541e-4ddb-8bfc-5e1971b681a1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dualshockers.com%2F2013%2F11%2F04%2Fps4s-alleged-overheating-problems-developers-say-they-dont-exist%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D2&title=PS4%E2%80%B2s%20Alleged%20Overheating%20Problems%3A%20Developers%20Say%20they%20Don%E2%80%99t%20Exist%20-%20NeoGAF&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dualshockers.com%2F2013%2F11%2F...ey-dont-exist%2F&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13835997268556

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i downloaded it too. you can really see the smoothness in gmeplay and the fps compared to ****ty youtube.

that does really look good, but it looks like it is fast forwarded. I know it isnt as there is a Clock, but it just feels unnatural. Looks great though, really damn great.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Resogun livestream here if anyone wants to watch
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/ign-live-presents-playstation-4s-launch-title-resogun?+main+twitter

Edit: Guy talking said download size is only about half a gig. Though he did say he didn't have the final details

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Klair88 wrote: »
    He answers my question at 2.25 mark! So delighted! :D

I feel like me and him are friends now. Might see if he's free on the 29th, few beers.

I feel like I kind of know the guy who's friends with Mark Cerny :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

TOTALBISCUIT ,on youtube,
    says ps4 , 40 per cent more powerful than the xbox 1.
    due to slow memory,bandwidth to cpu,
    THERES more ram overhead, for kinect, tv apps,skype etc

ON games like COD , he says its easier to program for the ps4.
    Theres more ram avaidable to use for games on the ps4.

SO xbox 1 is slower than ps4, more expensive,
    with a big kinect unit that most people do not want.
    Games can run at 1080p on ps4,
    some games will be programmed for 720 p on xbox 1 ,eg cod ghosts.
    SO the ps4 at least has the advantage in the next gen console war.

I never saw any significant difference between xbox 360 games ,
    and ps3 games ,
    IN this gen, there will be a difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Rmyvi9wew

MarkY91 wrote: »

Holy crap that's pretty, thanks for the link. Glad to see you can actually have proper intense firefights and it's not just twitch kills as per COD.

Cant wait for Res0gun too!

Holy crap that's pretty, thanks for the link. Glad to see you can actually have proper intense firefights and it's not just twitch kills as per COD.

Cant wait for Res0gun too!

its the first footage ive seen where it really shows the smoothness of next gen games. i watched it about 5 times by now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

@DualShockers: PS4′s Alleged Overheating Problems: Developers Say they Don’t Exist #videogames http://t.co/N2P97ZhEba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

I did not realised Ghost coming out tonight. I got it preordered for ps4, but I will see some review if its any good.
    I might cancel it and get something else for ps4, as it is already confirmed that it has no split screen, the biggest reason I even preordered damn thing for ps4.
    Splitscreen has already been confirmed! What source said differently?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement