Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Splitscreen has already been confirmed! What source said differently?

I could swear someone in this thread said that Ghost on ps4 is not getting split screen.... Well if it still got Slit screen then I will definitely keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

I could swear someone in this thread said that Ghost on ps4 is not getting split screen.... Well if it still got Slit screen then I will definitely keep it.

I checked the top ten results when I searched and all said it will have it. I'd be the same, I wouldn't bother with it if it doesn't have splitscreen

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i downloaded it too. you can really see the smoothness in gmeplay and the fps compared to ****ty youtube.

heres a link to the download guys..really stunning

http://t.co/uwxhI5VKPt

You know its good when your computer struggles to play it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

A good while back I told you that Killzone didn't have splitscreen, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

You know its good when your computer struggles to play it! :D

my VLC media player struggled to play it but WMP played it perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I was using VLC, maybe that was the problem. Still looked really good, despite the stuttering :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Does anyone have the list of launch titles that support Vita Remote Play?
    I'm still not sure what game to get at launch but I'll have to get one with this feature to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'm still not sure what game to get at launch but I'll have to get one with this feature to try it out.

All of them I think. It works with every game other than PS Eye games and other than Playroom I don't think there is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Pretty much everything as far as I know. Haven't seen over yet that doesn't anyway. You can rule or any move games, but it's not like there's loads of then or anything. Aciv and bf4 are the only ones I'm unsure of

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

tok9 wrote: »
    I feel like I kind of know the guy who's friends with Mark Cerny :P

Call over and we'll hang out on the 29th!

Wear a shirt though. Cerny Don't take people not wearing shirts seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Killzone definitely has remote play no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Every game has remote play unless they require a peripheral that PSVita can't replicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

That Killzone footage was stunning. The first chance ya had a real chance to look at it in all it's glory. God I can't wait to see what Bioware and Naughty Dog do this/next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

That Killzone footage was stunning. The first chance ya had a real chance to look at it in all it's glory. God I can't wait to see what Bioware and Naughty Dog do this/next gen.

I would like to watch it but its so jumpy on my computer, even with K-lite plugins and VLC.... Same on my HTC One

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

srumball wrote: »
    I would like to watch it but its so jumpy on my computer, even with K-lite plugins and VLC.... Same on my HTC One

We'll all be playing it in 1080p 60FPS soon enough!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

i downloaded it too. you can really see the smoothness in gmeplay and the fps compared to ****ty youtube.

heres a link to the download guys..really stunning

http://t.co/uwxhI5VKPt

I nearly cried it is so awesome!!!!

amazing.gif

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I nearly cried it is so awesome!!!!

amazing.gif

What do you guys use to watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

srumball wrote: »
    What do you guys use to watch it?

Use Windows Media Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

CoD is getting very mixed reviews, not that most will care as they use it for the multiplayer, but the story is supposed to be the worst in the series.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-review-round-up-get-all-the-scores-here/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Xenji wrote: »

Yeah mostly negative outside of sites on activisions payroll like ign looks like frame rate drops on PS4 version! Hope they patch it up before ps4 launch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah mostly negative outside of sites on activisions payroll like ign looks like frame rate drops on PS4 version! Hope they patch it up before ps4 launch

With the embargo on the X1 review I wonder if the framerate drops will be worse on that or run smoother in the 720p.

Comparison from IGN of the PS3 and PS4 version of CoD side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Xenji wrote: »
    CoD is getting very mixed reviews, not that most will care as they use it for the multiplayer, but the story is supposed to be the worst in the series.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-review-round-up-get-all-the-scores-here/
    not surprised the guy who directed traffic written the story for Ghost and that movie was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love Traffic, I think it's a great movie. Still not getting another COD game, though. Done with 'em!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Grayditch wrote: »
    I love Traffic, I think it's a great movie. Still not getting another COD game, though. Done with 'em!
    I didn't like the way there was 4 story in traffic and keep jump between them made hard to follow that my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I used Bs free player on Android. It worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

rob808 wrote: »
    I didn't like the way there was 4 story in traffic and keep jump between them made hard to follow that my opinion.

I think that's what I loved about it. COD games always have great writers and musicians hired in (Trent Reznor did the BOps2), but I just don't think the games are for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It will look so good on my 14" portable CRT TV.....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

there isn't much difference between next gen and current with COD. Little bit more dust or bubbles underwater in PS4 version .. thought the difference would be bigger.

Not that it looks bad, but I thought PS4 version would look better, but current gen version looks pretty great ..

I wouldn't expect it to break GTA 5 records ..

• Advertisement

well from that youtube video it is noticeably better on the PS4 but we will have to wait and see ourselves

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement