Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

198321 wrote: »
    there isn't much difference between next gen and current with COD. Little bit more dust or bubbles underwater in PS4 version .. thought the difference would be bigger.

Not that it looks bad, but I thought PS4 version would look better, but current gen version looks pretty great ..

I wouldn't expect it to break GTA 5 records ..

COD doesn't look particularly good in general. They target the 60fps and everything else is secondary so I wouldn't look at that to show what next gen will look like.

And of course it won't break the GTA 5 record, only GTA can beat that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

Xenji wrote: »
    With the embargo on the X1 review I wonder if the framerate drops will be worse on that or run smoother in the 720p.

Comparison from IGN of the PS3 and PS4 version of CoD side by side.

Am i the only one who thinks the PS3 version looks by far the worst? One of the levels at night with the light shining through the foliage theres no light on PS3 version at all.

As for the next gen the PS4 does look the sharpest by far (which it should be) but not a massive jump from the xb360 IMO. Not sure if i'll bother with COD this generation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

jones wrote: »
    Am i the only one who thinks the PS3 version looks by far the worst? One of the levels at night with the light shining through the foliage theres no light on PS3 version at all.

As for the next gen the PS4 does look the sharpest by far (which it should be) but not a massive jump from the xb360 IMO. Not sure if i'll bother with COD this generation

The video is compressed way too much to get a proper comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

jones wrote: »

Yes it's the worse looking Cod in a long time graphics look low res jagged lines on far off objects really poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Liamario wrote: »
    The video is compressed way too much to get a proper comparison.

Yup, I know everyone wants those comparison videos, but they mean feck all when they are ALL compressed and dont run on the actual frames the game runs. PS4 version will definitely look better then old gen. 720p vs 1080p is very noticable in action.

The other difference between old gen and new gen in Cod - Player count in Multiplayer. Its down to 12 in old gen and 18 in new gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

CoD is getting very mixed reviews, not that most will care as they use it for the multiplayer, but the story is supposed to be the worst in the series.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-review-round-up-get-all-the-scores-here/[/QUOTE]

About feckin time, "the Westlife of FPSs" is finally being found out. What a nonsense overhyped pile of kaka! Karma

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

mozattack wrote: »
    pile of kaka!

A pile of Kaka? Glad you think its quality.

Kaka-Ballon-d-Or-2007_full_diapos_large.jpg

mozattack wrote: »
    CoD is getting very mixed reviews, not that most will care as they use it for the multiplayer, but the story is supposed to be the worst in the series.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/05/call-of-duty-ghosts-review-round-up-get-all-the-scores-here/[/QUOTE]

About feckin time, "the Westlife of FPSs" is finally being found out. What a nonsense overhyped pile of kaka! Karma

Nah, we're only in the denial stage. The next stage is excuses. Then it'll be acceptance. Finally, Activision will go under.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just watched the Rev3games Resogun stream

The major news for me that I didn't know is there is online co op! That could be amazing.

Oh the game is also absolutely glorious looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Blacklight Retribution PS4 Runs at 1080p With PC Settings Cranked Up To Highest and Highest FPS Targeted states Zombie Studios.
    After the mess with Call of Duty: Ghosts, we’ve recently been looking at developers laying out their plans for resolutions and frame-rates on next-gen consoles. Zombie Studios’ is bringing their free to play first person shooter Blacklight: Retribution to the PlayStation 4 and GamingBolt recently had a chance to chat with studio director Jared Gerritzen on the game’s resolution and frames per rate.

We asked Gerritzen how the PS4 version holds up to a high-end PC running the game, to which he replied, “We have all the PC settings cranked up to their highest setting on the PlayStation 4, so it holds up great! We are really happy how the transition between high end PC and PlayStation 4 works for us.”

Gerritzen also confirmed that the game is “currently at 1080p, and as the game evolves” they are “targeting the highest frame rates possible.”

Blacklight: Retribution launches on November 15th worldwide for the PlayStation 4 and won’t require PlayStation Plus to enjoy.

http://gamingbolt.com/blacklight-retribution-ps4-runs-at-1080p-with-pc-settings-cranked-up-to-highest-highest-fps-targeted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Slip in the box of call of duty ghosts for how to get your discounted PS4 version. **** got real :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Did they announce that fifa can be upgraded to the PS4 version from PS3

Did they announce that fifa can be upgraded to the PS4 version from PS3

Yeah it can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Where you supposed to get a slip in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

This is a video of PS4 task switching and a live demo of the Vita Remote-Play.

Looks nice and smooth. Hopefully it works well over wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

looks great, cant wait to get this console

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That brower still took a while, eh? The switchover to the Vita was very impressive, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Grayditch wrote: »
    That brower still took a while, eh? The switchover to the Vita was very impressive, though.

Lets just hope it's faster than the PS3 browser.

4 new videos from Sony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

So em getting PS4, but its a Christmas present and under no circumstances will I be getting it before Christmas.

Anyway, just wondering if the vita would be a nice investment to hold me over til Christmas? and then make a nice companion for my PS4?

Gonna be in hospital for the next few months (few weeks in then a week at home). Have my own room and everything so bringing PlayStation is no problem. The TV in the room is on a bracket on the wall at an awkward angle. So I'm thinking the streaming over the vita would be well worth it in the end.

Anyone any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

So em getting PS4, but its a Christmas present and under no circumstances will I be getting it before Christmas.

Anyway, just wondering if the vita would be a nice investment to hold me over til Christmas? and then make a nice companion for my PS4?

Gonna be in hospital for the next few months (few weeks in then a week at home). Have my own room and everything so bringing PlayStation is no problem. The TV in the room is on a bracket on the wall at an awkward angle. So I'm thinking the streaming over the vita would be well worth it in the end.

Anyone any thoughts?

With or without the PS4 integration, the Vita is a great console. There are a few good deals available too. My advice is get a good-sized memory card for it and PS+, if you don't already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i downloaded it too. you can really see the smoothness in gmeplay and the fps compared to ****ty youtube.

heres a link to the download guys..really stunning

http://t.co/uwxhI5VKPt

I've tried to download this but just keep getting an 'Application not found' error message. Please bear in mind i probably don't know what I'm doing.

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've tried to download this but just keep getting an 'Application not found' error message. Please bear in mind i probably don't know what I'm doing.

Are you able to unzip it, if you are use or download Windows Media Player classic if you do not have it.

Are you able to unzip it, if you are use or download Windows Media Player classic if you do not have it.

Got it working......... looks great

Visual Concepts Senior Game Designer Mike Wang "loves" the PS4 - Xbone "not being touched" at their office.
    I love the PS4! I‘m a convert. I wasn’t a huge fan of the PS3 controller, but DualShock 4 is amazing, it feels perfect. I love the changes that Sony has done! The machine itself is ridiculous, it’s so powerful, so much easier to develop for. In the office it’s unanimous; we have a couple people who don’t play anything else now, they won’t touch Xbox One. We love the PS4, it’s a great system.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2013/11/05/visual-concepts-loves-ps4-powerful

I was in Gamestop earlier and the chap in front of me asked if he could reserve a PS4. The girl nearly laughed in his face then composed her self and said that he could put a deposit down and he 'might' get one before christmas but should couldn't guarantee it.
    She then said he could reserve an Xbox if he wanted:pac:. He declined her kind offer and said he'd take the chance with the playstation and handed over his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

CombatCow wrote: »

Saw that today and jumped on it... Preordered the red controller for £44 great price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

That Killzone footage was stunning. The first chance ya had a real chance to look at it in all it's glory. God I can't wait to see what Bioware and Naughty Dog do this/next gen.

spent the latter half of today playing it. it looks absolutely incredible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement