Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

weiland79 wrote: »
    I was in Gamestop earlier and the chap in front of me asked if he could reserve a PS4. The girl nearly laughed in his face then composed her self and said that he could put a deposit down and he 'might' get one before christmas but should couldn't guarantee it.
    She then said he could reserve an Xbox if he wanted:pac:. He declined her kind offer and said he'd take the chance with the playstation and handed over his money.

I was in gamestop today and the guy at the counter told one of my mates that they probably won't have any stock until February.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

padair wrote: »
    I was in gamestop today and the guy at the counter told one of my mates that they probably won't have any stock until February.

Aye, talked to lads too a bit. Everyone wants PS4, but they cant get it. So good part of people just go xbox one. He said that there will be no problem with xbox one supply this year. PS4 - good luck...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

padair wrote: »

That has been the common consensus outside Ireland for a few weeks now, anyone who ordered in store after the 1st of September are looking at least a two month wait after launch.

Just watched TotalBiscuits Video on Ghost. It is just dreadful. I am really really reconsidering preorder for it... I dont want to get BF4 as I already got it on PC. I still got a good few days to decide what I will do.
    Killzone will fit my fps hunger perfectly, Knack looks like an over all fun game. So what could I pick up instead of Ghost...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just watched TotalBiscuits Video on Ghost. It is just dreadful. I am really really reconsidering preorder for it... I dont want to get BF4 as I already got it on PC. I still got a good few days to decide what I will do.
    Killzone will fit my fps hunger perfectly, Knack looks like an over all fun game. So what could I pick up instead of Ghost...

I'd get AC4, it's getting solid reviews all round. It's gone back to its AC2 and Brotherhood gaming roots and left the bad smell of AC3 behind.

With no Watch Dogs and Drive Club for launch I'm getting Killzone and AC4 as my launch titles. I was finished with the AC series after Revelations and 3 but no one has anything bad to say about 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

NFS. Always need a least one racing game.

NFS. Always need a least one racing game.

I was actually thinking of this myself too. With no Drive club, I might just get that. Looks quite decent so far!
    I dunno about AC. I played 1 and 3. Both were shiet. I know AC4 getting quite good reviews, but I dont really think I will enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I was actually thinking of this myself too. With no Drive club, I might just get that. Looks quite decent so far!
    I dunno about AC. I played 1 and 3. Both were shiet. I know AC4 getting quite good reviews, but I dont really think I will enjoy it.

You've played the worst ACs though. AC2 & Brotherhood were the best games of the series, the naval parts of AC3 were quite good IMO. I don't think you could go wrong with picking up AC4 and you should def give AC2 & brotherhood a play through at some stage they are great :)
    I have killzone, knack & AC4 preordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Knack looks like an over all fun game

Ratchet & Clank in all but name, and in the best possible way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Out of the AC series you have played the 2 weakest titles of the series so that would be enough to put anyone off it. It would be like playing FF13 as your fist Final Fantasy game.

AC2 and Brotherhood are very different and more enjoyable than 1 or 3.

I would pick up NFS myself but I can't stand the EA account sh1te. The NFS game that was free on PS+ I didn't even play as I couldn't think of a required username that wasn't already taken after 15-20mins for EAs account system just to play the fuc3ing single player game so I deleted it and never bother with it. Why I couldn't skip that crap is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cheap games off WOW HD, I've not bought anything off them since they changed name but the prices are good if you can wait; some from Jersey and some form asia.

PS4 games

A lot going for €50.39 and some for less. Lego marvel going for €39.99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

COYVB wrote: »
    Ratchet & Clank in all but name, and in the best possible way

Well that's me sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So what kind of games, if any at all have been confirmed for the eye?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

So what kind of games, if any at all have been confirmed for the eye?

The Playroom is the only one I can think of.

EDIT: I am checking the PS4 games list on Wikipedia and found a few more.

GlowTag
    Just Dance 2014
    QuickDraw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Does anyone know if the playroom will be free to download on PSN because if I change the hard drive the pre-install will be gone :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭jones

CombatCow wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the playroom will be free to download on PSN because if I change the hard drive the pre-install will be gone :/

I'd imagine it is on PSN or maybe its even baked into the PS4 OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I was in Gamestop earlier and the chap in front of me asked if he could reserve a PS4. The girl nearly laughed in his face then composed her self and said that he could put a deposit down and he 'might' get one before christmas but should couldn't guarantee it.
    She then said he could reserve an Xbox if he wanted:pac:. He declined her kind offer and said he'd take the chance with the playstation and handed over his money.

Which GameStop? I need to pick up an Xbox as well

Which GameStop? I need to pick up an Xbox as well

Henry st. Dublin

No reason why my Tritton 720's shouldn't work right? They just have a standard USB connection

• Advertisement

Henry st. Dublin

Oh and BTW they have been allocated a few extra mega bundles so if anyone is still looking maybe give them a call

No reason why my Tritton 720's shouldn't work right? They just have a standard USB connection

According to their ultimate FAQ: yes after the 1.50 firmware as "Otacon" says below.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

USB Headsets Won't Work At Launch

But a patch will be released to fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Otacon wrote: »
    USB Headsets Won't Work At Launch

But a patch will be released to fix that.

Previous bluetooth ones wont be supported at all. Hopefully I'm not waiting long with my A50's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

CombatCow wrote: »

I had the P4C preordered but think I will go for official PlayStation one now. Prefer the smaller form factor

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I had the P4C preordered but think I will go for official PlayStation one now. Prefer the smaller form factor

Yeah I think im gonna get that one myself.

I just checked there and it seems we get a pair of mono ear buds in the box anyone know what these are for? By that I mean where do they plug in maybe into the controller like the 360. Or are they wireless and do they have a mic?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

I just checked there and it seems we get a pair of mono ear buds in the box anyone know what these are for? By that I mean where do they plug in maybe into the controller like the 360. Or are they wireless and do they have a mic?

It plugs into the controller itself and has a mic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

They are no longer Bluetooth supported and plug into controller with mic also on the wire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Bit of topic but the Playstation_EU twitter just announced that there have been 80 million PS3's bought to date. Impressive figures

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement