Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Had a very quick blast of Knack on a PS4 kiosk system there, seems fun

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Any of those earphones that come with your phone will work and so will PC headset but may need to use 2 3 pole to 1 4 pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Varik wrote: »
    Any of those earphones that come with your phone will work and so will PC headset but may need to use 2 3 pole to 1 4 pole.

Shuhei replied to a tweet with an example of iphone earbuds, he said you could listen to the audio through them but not use the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

CombatCow wrote: »
    According to their ultimate FAQ: yes after the 1.50 firmware as "Otacon" says below.

Any idea when this update might be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

True Quality BF4 vids for different formats to download

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-next-gen-now-battlefield-4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any idea when this update might be released?

The 1.50 update is the day-one patch. I assumed it would be a patch after launch but I haven't read the FAQ CombatCow is referring to so maybe it will work at launch (after the patch of course).

Otacon wrote: »
    The 1.50 update is the day-one patch. I assumed it would be a patch after launch but I haven't read the FAQ CombatCow is referring to so maybe it will work at launch (after the patch of course).

Great news not be able to communicate playing a multiplayer game like BF or Killzone ruins the experience for me.

Shuhei replied to a tweet with an example of iphone earbuds, he said you could listen to the audio through them but not use the mic.

Shu is known for long tweets, did he call out iphone in what way.

Sony use the OMTP standard as does Samsung, LG, Nokia, and most others for their phones. But Apple do not and this means that the iphone earbuds won't work on other decided and if they do it's only sound.

The ground and mic are switched and a small converter cable is all that's needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Great news not be able to communicate playing a multiplayer game like BF or Killzone ruins the experience for me.

As soon as you connect to the internet, you will get the update - you will be able to chat in MP games.

Yeah here is the link for the FAQ, has over 160 questions answered.

Angelo ‏@_AeMz_ 15h
    @yosp hey are my iPhone earphones compatible with the Dualshock 4? Would love a response :D

Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp 15h
    @_AeMz_ just listen to from DS4, yes

Also from the FAQ:
    Will the DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack support other headsets or headphones?

The PS Vita system’s headset is fully supported. Some other third-party headsets may support basic audio and chat functionality on PS4, but Sony Computer Entertainment cannot guarantee it.

• Advertisement

Yeah here is the link for the FAQ, has over 160 questions answered.

Angelo ‏@_AeMz_ 15h
    @yosp hey are my iPhone earphones compatible with the Dualshock 4? Would love a response :D

Shuhei Yoshida ‏@yosp 15h
    @_AeMz_ just listen to from DS4, yes

Also from the FAQ:
    Will the DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s 3.5mm headset jack support other headsets or headphones?

The PS Vita system’s headset is fully supported. Some other third-party headsets may support basic audio and chat functionality on PS4, but Sony Computer Entertainment cannot guarantee it.

So like the Vita they're using the OMTP standard, which isn't used by Apple (outside of China) and that most other phone companies headsets will work and those that don't need the simplest converter; it just swaps around ground and the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

New DriveClub trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just back from gamestop.

Fully payed off remaining on ps4 killzone mega bundle, Ghost and Knack. All thanks to misses shadowhearth :D

I can still swap Ghost for something else before release. Still not decided what, or just keep it. :(

Just back from gamestop.

Fully payed off remaining on ps4 killzone mega bundle, Ghost and Knack. All thanks to misses shadowhearth :D

I can still swap Ghost for something else before release. Still not decided what, or just keep it. :(

I would go for NBA 2k14, if you are into that sort of thing.

Getting excited now lads! Not long left

In warehouses already

p98UGeN_zpsaa6328ec.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

3206jake wrote: »
    Do they charge straight away or when shipped ?

When they ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Do they charge straight away or when shipped ?

When shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Xenji wrote: »
    When they ship.

Is gamestop.co.uk cheaper ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

In warehouses already

p98UGeN_zpsaa6328ec.jpg

Not long till the US gets them sure, lucky b*stards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

http://mobile.pcauthority.com.au/Article.aspx?CIID=362569&type=News

Could that be interpreted as concrete confirmation that there will be no media playback on the PS4 through an external hard drive?

Deedsie wrote: »
    http://mobile.pcauthority.com.au/Article.aspx?CIID=362569&type=News

Could that be interpreted as concrete confirmation that there will be no media playback on the PS4 through an external hard drive?

I doubt it, the article is a week old and rumor has it we will have them back in the second update.

Is gamestop.co.uk cheaper ?

Not anymore as amazon price matched them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Not anymore as amazon price matched them.

Gamestop are still £5 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

In warehouses already

p98UGeN_zpsaa6328ec.jpg

Where's this?? (slowly slides golf ball into sock and greases left hand).....I digress. I don't know why I would grease my left hand. Moment of madness.

I don't know about you lads but that keyboard on the ground looks absolutely magic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I doubt it, the article is a week old and rumor has it we will have them back in the second update.

I would really love to get this clarified/confirmed before I fork over €500 for my bundle. I suppose if it doesn't I shouldn't have much trouble selling it on second hand. A stressful business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Where's this?? (slowly slides golf ball into sock and greases left hand).....I digress. I don't know why I would grease my left hand. Moment of madness.

I don't know about you lads but that keyboard on the ground looks absolutely magic!!

In the US somewhere I would assume. I wonder if anyone will have one up and running already, not online of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is there anywhere I can get my hands on a ps4 controller, even only for a few mins?

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can get my hands on a ps4 controller, even only for a few mins?

Not sure if anywhere is demoing the PS4 yet but the controller is already released in the US;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement