Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

It says UK, nothing about Ireland?

Ireland is normally lumped in with the UK, and if you read other post in the thread, there has been confirmation for Ireland via Gamestop twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Hey guys, $400 (USD) converts to roughly €300. As someone who doesn't plan on getting the console on release or even this side of Christmas, would I be better off ordering the console from a US store and have them ship it over? Surely the shipping costs wouldn't exceed 100 quid. Or would they?

What would be the pros and cons of this decision?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

MarkY91 wrote: »
    it doesnt matter when they will work on the X1. the fact is that it is a disgrace by sony. especially after saying the sony pulses WILL work at launch

According to the Mega FAQ Sony put out, and Astro Gaming, they say USB headsets will work at launch, once you update to firmware v1.50.
    Astro said their A40's and A50's will work on PS4 with v1.50 firmware applied.

And from the Mega FAQ table for peripherals

Peripheral: [Headsets] USB
    Compatibility: YES
    Note: Will be compatible with system software version 1.50.
    * After the update, generally most commercially available USB headsets will be compatible

The Sony Pulse and Pulse Elite headsets won't work with PS4 at launch or with 1.50. Sony already stated this in the past. they said they will be compatible in a future unspecified firmware update.

Edit: With regards to the Pulse Elite headset, you will still be able to use it via the 3.5mm jack in the Dualshock 4. It just means you are going to be tethered to the controller until the update comes. the Pulse Elite headsets come shipped with a 3.5mm cable that can be inserted into the left or right ear can and then into any device that has a 3.5mm jack. You will probably need to turn on the headset for microphone support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hey guys, $400 (USD) converts to roughly €300. As someone who doesn't plan on getting the console on release or even this side of Christmas, would I be better off ordering the console from a US store and have them ship it over? Surely the shipping costs wouldn't exceed 100 quid. Or would they?

At the very least, you would need a US to UK/Ireland plug adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Vorrtexx wrote: »
    According to the Mega FAQ Sony put out, and Astro Gaming, they say USB headsets will work at launch, once you update to firmware v1.50.

* After the update, generally most commercially available USB headsets will be compatible

The Sony Pulse and Pulse Elite headsets won't work with PS4 at launch or with 1.50. Sony already stated this in the past. they said they will be compatible in a future unspecified firmware update.
    Got a URL for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

miralize wrote: »
    Got a URL for that?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-the-ultimate-faq/

Go down to the first Blue table that list peripherals and their support.

Also this below it:
    Will Wireless Stereo Headset and PULSE wireless stereo headset, which are currently sold for the PS3 system, work on the PS4 system at launch? What about other wireless headsets?
    The PS4 system will support the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset and Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset following an upcoming PS4 system software update. Existing wireless headsets from third-party companies that use a Bluetooth connection will not be supported on the PS4 system, though most existing headsets that connect via USB will be supported following PS4 system software update 1.50.

From Astro forums:
    http://forums.astrogaming.com/showthread.php?43824-Will-Astro-A40-work-with-PS4-at-launch-after-1-50-day-1-update

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

So I just took this in argos in the Ilac center Dublin, they seemed to think it was for game display cases and couldn't say if there would be a console there instore, strange there would be a shutter on it, time will tell :)

*We already knew this but, they said that you cannot pre-order a ps4 and that they will be instock on nov 29th

279248.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

CombatCow wrote: »
    So I just took this in argos in the Ilac center Dublin, they seemed to think it was for game display cases and couldn't say if there would be a console there instore, strange there would be a shutter on it, time will tell :)

*We already knew this but, they said that you cannot pre-order a ps4 and that they will be instock on nov 29th

Pic doesnt show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

should work now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

should work now :)

Was working the first time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Customs could catch you, which may result in the overall price been more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Called I pre-ordered just imagine the stress fighting through crowds of zombified customers clawing their way to buy one!!! I shudder at the thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It says UK, nothing about Ireland?

Yeah, but I live in the UK so I don't care...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Think my new plan for launch day will be

- Go to launch with friend
    - Stay up till 5.30 playing
    - Be in front of argos/tesco by 6 so he can quue for his PS4
    - Watch him while I go in and buy knack and maybe COD being all smug

I'm so nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Argos will not be a fun place to be come the 29th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I can't wait for knack, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Warranty issues...

Brand new device, no one know if there will be manufacturing flaws... ( i bet there will! :p )

early XBOX360 and PS3 all had their issues..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    PS4 Launch apps, it is for the US though, still no word on what we are getting here besides Netflix, BBC Iplayer, Ilovefilm and Sky Go.

Will Netflix be available at launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

srumball wrote: »
    Argos will not be a fun place to be come the 29th

not for me ;) I work their :D I'll be reserving 3 of them for my friends haha before their even on the system :P then I'll walk out of the place with my mates holding all 3 of them while everyone looks in disbelief of maybe not getting one :pac:

I'm a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hope Knack is good. I think it's split screen or shared screen, so I'd like a game to play with the missus over Christmas, instead of her watching me kill some zones, as pretty as that might look, to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Will Netflix be available at launch?

According to most people on Neogaf it will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    not for me ;) I work their :D I'll be reserving 3 of them for my friends haha before their even on the system :P then I'll walk out of the place with my mates holding all 3 of them while everyone looks in disbelief of maybe not getting one :pac:

I'm a dick

Thats why I don't shop in Argos .. oh and high prices :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

For people hoping to buy from Argos wouldn't it just be handier to go onto the website and reserve a console come midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Xenji wrote: »
    Terrible quality, but it looks like hardly any lag on Killzone remote play.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710838

Whats the point of this?

#fad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Vorrtexx wrote: »

Edit: With regards to the Pulse Elite headset, you will still be able to use it via the 3.5mm jack in the Dualshock 4. It just means you are going to be tethered to the controller until the update comes. the Pulse Elite headsets come shipped with a 3.5mm cable that can be inserted into the left or right ear can and then into any device that has a 3.5mm jack. You will probably need to turn on the headset for microphone support.

Very good answer, thanks...

What about Triton Headsets, not sure what make I have but it was good enough, cost me €140.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

198321 wrote: »
    Thats why I don't shop in Argos .. oh and high prices :rolleyes:

399e for ps4
    499e for xbox one
    gta v on release day was 57e, prices varie from every brick and motar store in ireland :pac: move on :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mozattack wrote: »
    Whats the point of this?

#fad

The tv doesn't need to be actually on, it's only showing there's really little if any lag between the tv & the Vita screen. Remote play lets you play PS4 games on the Vita via wi-fi...far from a fad, it seems to work amazingly well if the video is anything to go by

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

mozattack wrote: »
    Whats the point of this?

#fad

This gets a ton of use in my house. I usually watch tv shows on Rita in bed so as not to disturb the missus, and now I'll be saving the world and still not disturbing her. Can't wait for that function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    399e for ps4
    499e for xbox one
    gta v on release day was 57e, prices varie from every brick and motar store in ireland :pac: move on :cool:

I know games do, but I thought at least they would sell hardware at RRP.

Camera in argos is 72.99,

Ou and Knack 79 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

weiland79 wrote: »
    This gets a ton of use in my house. I usually watch tv shows on Rita in bed so as not to disturb the missus, and now I'll be saving the world and still not disturbing her. Can't wait for that function.

So is Rita the mistress :-):eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement