Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

jaybe1 wrote: »
    So is Rita the mistress :-):eek:

Respect to that man. He has a pet name for his Vita.

I call mine Danny...

Danny the Vita :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Respect to that man. He has a pet name for his Vita.

I call mine Danny...

Danny the Vita :p

I call mine Ry.......;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

198321 wrote: »
    I know games do, but I thought at least they would sell hardware at RRP.

Camera in argos is 72.99,

Ou and Knack 79 euro.

bah I would'nt buy hardware from them or games unless their was a deal to be made
    Trust me haha 90% of the stuff people buy in argos, apart from the real expensive stuff like consoles , ipads, tvs etc.... are ****ed around the stock room :pac:
    games are not thrown around, but the prices in their drop every 3 months on the dot :) some idiot sales thing
    the prices for the ps4 games btw are not solid their still estimates, so expect them to drop ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    bah I would'nt buy hardware from them or games unless their was a deal to be made
    Trust me haha 90% of the stuff people buy in argos, apart from the real expensive stuff like consoles , ipads, tvs etc.... are ****ed around the stock room :pac:
    games are not thrown around, but the prices in their drop every 3 months on the dot :) some idiot sales thing
    the prices for the ps4 games btw are not solid their still estimates, so expect them to drop ;)

You hear anything yet about the number of consoles Argos are getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

:-/ Go Home Microsoft, you're Drunk.

BYfp4Y0IEAACG2V.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Klair88 wrote: »
    :-/ Go Home Microsoft, you're Drunk.

BYfp4Y0IEAACG2V.jpg

is-that-how-wealthy-people-laugh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

About the estimates.... GameStop still has no solid prices for ps4 games. They are still estimates. I really hope it will be less then 65.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Reminds of the Wii U game pad, and I love that thing. Nothing handier than having the game on a smaller screen and a tv program on the TV.

New news on Knack

According to the developers, the co-op mode can be played via two DualShock4 controllers or through Vita through Remote Play.

If you head over to the PS Blog, you cam also glean more information on how Knack’s Quest, the free iOS download, is incorporated into the core game.

Knack launches alongside PS4 November 15 in North America and November 29 in Europe.

In the first video strangely enough is a version of a Imelda May song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

About the estimates.... GameStop still has no solid prices for ps4 games. They are still estimates. I really hope it will be less then 65.

Well you can buy Cod Ghost in GameStop €70 and €65 in Smyth so don't see many people buying many games.I buy it off www.cdwow.com €52 pal version.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    Well you can buy Cod Ghost in GameStop €70 and €65 in Smyth so don't see many people buying many games.I buy it off www.cdwow.com €52 pal version.

You could also get the digital versions of games like Knack for 42 euro is you used the US PSN store and bought a PSN card of the amazon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Xenji wrote: »
    New news on Knack

According to the developers, the co-op mode can be played via two DualShock4 controllers or through Vita through Remote Play.

If you head over to the PS Blog, you cam also glean more information on how Knack’s Quest, the free iOS download, is incorporated into the core game.

Knack launches alongside PS4 November 15 in North America and November 29 in Europe.

In the first video strangely enough is a version of a Imelda May song.
    You could also get the digital versions of games like Knack for 42 euro is you used the US PSN store and bought a PSN card of the amazon.com
    cool never thought that are all the American store games 60 dollars unlike EU store of €70 which is crazy high.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Pretty sure you can also use PayPal inside the store to top up your account now too.

Yeah they are quite cheap which is handy.

CombatCow wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can also use PayPal inside the store to top up your account now too.

Yep, you have a few ways, just make sure your billing address is in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Very good controller comparison here:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

You hear anything yet about the number of consoles Argos are getting?

Nope, Argos themselfs won't even find out until their due to be delivered 2-3 days before its released, main reason for this is because theirs no pre orders
    So when I know you'll know :) Although I expect them to fly out the door within the first half hour :pac: all about who reserves first really,
    I expect only about 20-30 consoles per store if I'm honest, but then again I have never worked their during a launch console where their was hugh demand for next gen, so who knows could be 10 per store or 100 per store :)

Only thing I do know for definite is that each store will have the same amount on day 1, as when the consoles get delievered to the argos warehouse their split individually and shipped to all argos accross the country, then with each deliever after that it all depends on which place has more demand for them, also I only expect them to have one batch of consoles, once their gone I don't think they will have any more until at least after christmas seen as games/consoles are not the shops main selling points

I'd say but don't quote me on this, that ps4 exclusives will probably be 55-60e and multiplatform games to be 65e, but I should know the prices for them very soon seen as their releasing ps4 games before the actually console itself, not exactly a bargin more or less the same as any other shop like gamestop, if I was you I'd stick with amazon for games or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

My order online is 64 for killzone but they've got it entered twice in on the site for 65 and 70.

People have already ordered and for the most part are stuck so unless they change it to increase the price it won't be coming down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I'm just after buying one of these for the ps4

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Solid-State-Disk/85978/Samsung+SSD+840+EVO+Basic+1TB+SATA+6Gb+s.article

I didn't really but one can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mozattack wrote: »
    Whats the point of this?

#fad

How is remote play a fad?

• Advertisement

I'm just after buying one of these for the ps4

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Solid-State-Disk/85978/Samsung+SSD+840+EVO+Basic+1TB+SATA+6Gb+s.article

I didn't really but one can dream

Nice if it was not a dream, but with the way PS4 games install on the hard drive you would never fill it, you would not even fill a 150 Gig version, unless you are going all digital.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Who should I buy games from i.e who will deliver games faster videogamesplus or wowhd? Side note what would the chances of the digital upgrade of cod ghosts be eligible to redeem here if its from the USA?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jvrk wrote: »
    Side note what would the chances of the digital upgrade of cod ghosts be eligible to redeem here if its from the USA?

I'd imagine you'd have to use the US PSN to upgrade.
    It's easy to set up a US PSN, so not really a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Im sold on the ps4 however me best mate is going xbone
    the only way to convince him is with the vita remote play and telling him I heard dark souls2 is coming out for the ps4 ..
    I feel bad because I don't know if dark souls2 is coming to ps4 and even if it does I dont know if remote play with the vita will be capable of playing darksouls2 ...
    Fook it ive started a rumour with him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Nice if it was not a dream, but with the way PS4 games install on the hard drive you would never fill it, you would not even fill a 150 Gig version, unless you are going all digital.

I'm kinda confused about that, I thought games like killzone is something like 25gig install? If all games need to be installed like that 500gigs won't be long filling up. I don't understand the way the game install thing works though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CombatCow wrote: »

Just give me one of them!

I do like how small the boxes are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    I'm kinda confused about that, I thought games like killzone is something like 25gig install? If all games need to be installed like that 500gigs won't be long filling up. I don't understand the way the game install thing works though...

It uses caching so instead of a mandatory install that stays on your HDD, it installs almost the entire disk, which then gets deleted when you take it out of the drive. That way you get the benefits of installed software without using up too much space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Otacon wrote: »
    Just give me one of them!

I do like how small the boxes are too.

I also like that they have a handle. An easier and safer way to carry our precious cargo to the car/home. Less chance of droppage!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement