Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Would love a new motorstorm that captured all the good bits from the first one. It was the motorstorm demo that made me get the PS3!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

I cant even imagine a new fallout on next gen! That would be amazing!

Just reading up on it and its pretty much a definite upcoming title. The way they usually release are 3 years apart and 2014 will be 3 years since Skyrim.

I'm going by pure speculation, I can still dream!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I will do anything so they would release fallout 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah would be incredible, I'm playing 3 again for the 10th time before I trade in my ps3 in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Possibly a new Gears of War or a brand new Unreal Tournament, but hopefully a brand new IP from Epic games, will be one of those 3 for sure as we know they will be announcing something big.

Would really love to see a new rpg announced ( or 10 ), but that is just personal preference, a new Tekken and Agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

CombatCow wrote: »
    Safe bets are on:
    Uncharted
    God of war
    Motor storm
    Wipeout
    Fallout 4 (I wish)
    Doubt we'll see a new Motorstorm announced anytime soon. There was a futuristic one in the works (http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/07/futuristic-motorstorm-4-concept-art-uncovered/) but Evolution studios are the ones working on Driveclub now..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I'm hoping mostly for uncharted 4 but a completely new ip would be brilliant to freshen things up a lot of stale franchise releases year on year now getting a bit tired

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think I'd rather an new ip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Need for Speed Rivals PS4 gameplay, man I can't wait till the 29th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Need for Speed Rivals PS4 gameplay, man I can't wait till the 29th :D

dat camera shake..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I'd prefer a new IP from Naughty Dog too, I'm not sure what else they can do with Uncharted (although I would still love to play another one). I don't think there will be an announcement from Naughty Dog though. If they had something to show, then why not announce it earlier in the year and try to get a few more Xbox fans to go with PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, all the big cards have been played, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm very confident Naughty Dog will announce a game but I wouldn't a release date until late 2014/early 2015. They generally announce things at the VGAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm Will that New NFS have split screen? I have to admit, it does interest me quite a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm very confident Naughty Dog will announce a game but I wouldn't a release date until late 2014/early 2015. They generally announce things at the VGAs.

They said after UC3 they would never announce a game with a release one year out as they did with UC3 so it would be a long time waiting. :( Easily could see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Hmmm Will that New NFS have split screen? I have to admit, it does interest me quite a lot!

Unfortunately not :(

Most devs seem to be going away from split-screen/local play support

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

omg..seriously? the best thing about racing games is split screen with your brothers/friends :mad:

they will probably take 2 players out of fifa too someday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I thought it did:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/11/need-for-speed-rivals-will-launch-with-next-gen-consoles-this-y/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I wonder if u could have one player streaming on vita and the other player on the ps4 in two player/co ops?

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I wonder if u could have one player streaming on vita and the other player on the ps4 in two player/co ops?

It has not been officially confirmed, but people over at Neogaf reckon we could see upwards of 15 new games announced.

bZmlAc8.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Xenji wrote: »
    It has not been officially confirmed, but people over at Neogaf reckon we could see upwards of 15 new games announced.

I remember years ago playing Medal of Honour PS1 with my mate split screen on a crap little CRT TV 1 vs 1 multiplayer.

How far things have come is amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I remember years ago playing Medal of Honour PS1 with my mate split screen on a crap little CRT TV 1 vs 1 multiplayer.

How far things have come is amazing!!!

4 player split screen with Golden Eye on the N64. Good times.

Pfff 4 player split screen with Micro Machines on the MegaDrive :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

That was a quality game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

8 Player same screen with Micro Machines 2 on the megadrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I was writing off the announcements from Keighley as he overhypes all his announcements. He once had people do hyped up for an announcement we all thought was a game ending up as a Mountain Dew and Doritos endorsement for the Xbox.

If Gaf are correct it would be a good start for the PS4. I expect The Order: 1886 gameplay for example.

But the VGA's might be amazing this year. Fallout 4 is rumoured as well as Mass Effect 4.

Looking forward to The Order: 1886 it has GOTY potential and is not gonna be another typical dumb shooter like Titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Looking forward to The Order: 1886 it has GOTY potential and is not gonna be another typical dumb shooter like Titanfall.

Titanfall looks amazing :pac: its looks far from a typical shooter , The Order looks like a short linear type game that will have a crap multiplayer, the mechanics look like gears of war as well with duck and cover(which is not a bad think if you liked gears of war) :pac: only reason I'm even remotely interested in it is because theirs shooting warewolfs :pac: hopefully they release more footage

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Titanfall looks amazing :pac: its looks far from a typical shooter , The Order looks like a short linear type game that will have a crap multiplayer, the mechanics look like gears of war as well with duck and cover(which is not a bad think if you liked gears of war) :pac: only reason I'm even remotely interested in it is because theirs shooting warewolfs :pac: hopefully they release more footage

It is suppose to be a very open world game, so I have quite a bit of hope for it, plus Ready at Dawn have one of the best track records with games, it better be good, it the main game I am looking forward to so far next year that has been announced as coming out :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Don't expect the actual gameplay for Titanfall to be anything like the trailer. Look who are developing it former COD developers so expect lots of death, spawn, death, spawn etc. I expect to die 3 or 4 times before I jump into one of those Titan suits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement