Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

All of ye shut the fuck up about titanfall vs everything else, or vice versa. Jesus, it's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm very happy Titanfall isn't coming to PS4. I have no interest in it but I know all my friends would. Now they can play a proper game with me instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

pifn6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »
    It is suppose to be a very open world game, so I have quite a bit of hope for it, plus Ready at Dawn have one of the best track records with games, it better be good, it the main game I am looking forward to so far next year that has been announced as coming out :pac:

I hope it turns out good as well, but articles that came out for it said it was linear , and I don't enjoy linear fps games, but the added warewolfs could be fun, just need to see more of it
    Lucreto wrote: »
    Don't expect the actual gameplay for Titanfall to be anything like the trailer. Look who are developing it former COD developers so expect lots of death, spawn, death, spawn etc. I expect to die 3 or 4 times before I jump into one of those Titan suits.

trailer? watch the gameplay :pac: and I'm not one of them kids that moans if I go 5kills 40 deaths in a game, I prefer the old cods so it will suit me better, not much of a fan of cod since mw2 , but I will most likely get it for my pc, would of preferred if it was out for all platforms would probably be a big contender against the likes of cod and bf sick of them two now, their both pure milked too bits haha
    _Redzer_ wrote: »
    All of ye shut the fuck up about titanfall vs everything else, or vice versa. Jesus, it's pathetic.
    No one here is comparing titanfall to everything, so how about you read posts first before commenting?:pac: you can't compare titanfall to the order
    their completely different games
    so how about you calm down kid :pac:

Kid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I hope it turns out good as well, but articles that came out for it said it was linear , and I don't enjoy linear fps games, but the added warewolfs could be fun, just need to see more of it

I really hate the attitude that just because something is linear it is automatically bad. Every game seems to be going open world lately and I most of them do bad job at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Oat23 wrote: »
    I'm very happy Titanfall isn't coming to PS4. I have no interest in it but I know all my friends would. Now they can play a proper game with me instead :)

Is titanfall not just a timed exclusive? So it should do eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Timmyctc wrote: »

No, the 1st game is completely exclusive, it's never coming. It was revealed a few weeks ago.

The first game will not come out on the PS4, but after that it will be cross platform, although the way Respawn have been dicked about, I would not be surprised if the second incarnation was a PS4 exlusive, will never happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nope not coming to PS4 at all. Titanfall 2 can do but the first is locked into a deal with MS for life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

trailer? watch the gameplay :pac: and I'm not one of them kids that moans if I go 5kills 40 deaths in a game, I prefer the old cods so it will suit me better, not much of a fan of cod since mw2 , but I will most likely get it for my pc, would of preferred if it was out for all platforms would probably be a big contender against the likes of cod and bf sick of them two now, their both pure milked too bits haha

I have seen the God Mode gameplay trailer. Don't expect the actual game to be like that. It will be like the modern warfare series of COD. The 2 guys who created the game created the death, spawn multiplayer now in the COD games so I don't expect Titanfall to be any different.

It will also be milked EA said they will rotate it between Battlefield and Titanfall from now on.

I really hate the attitude that just because something is linear it is automatically bad. Every game seems to be going open world lately and I most of them do bad job at it.

Not an attitude, I just believe this game in this time period with warewolfs would be better in my opinion if it was open, but like I said I hope it turns out great and my original opinion is wrong because the idea of the game amazes me.
    Kid?
    least I called you kid, someone else referred to you as a women on your period:pac:
    by the way I meant kid as in young lad not kid as in child, but I suppose the way you replied to everyone for "comparing" seemed childish anyway so take either reference that you wish

Yes it is, but maybe ps4 might get the first one in a years time who knows, gives it time to iron out bugs I suppose, even though it looks great to me it personally wouldnt be a decider as alot of people believe it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

2Mad2BeMad, you'd be the first person with the "Get out of our thread" post if this was happening on the Xbox thread about Killzone, so I can somewhat understand Redzer's frustration.

I have seen the God Mode gameplay trailer. Don't expect the actual game to be like that. It will be like the modern warfare series of COD. The 2 guys who created the game created the death, spawn multiplayer now in the COD games so I don't expect Titanfall to be any different.

It will also be milked EA said they will rotate it between Battlefield and Titanfall from now on.

while I have no doubt it will be milked, the first game of the milked series are normally the best followed by the second game which is just as good, anytime after that I normally don't buy unless its better then the previous which has yet to happen in any series of fps games for me (apart from the cod series up until mw2 thats when things turned badly in my case)

Grayditch wrote: »
    2Mad2BeMad, you'd be the first person with the "Get out of our thread" post if this was happening on the Xbox thread about Killzone, so I can somewhat understand Redzer's frustration.

No I wouldnt :pac: I'm a gamer I am not brand loyalty, even so were talking about a GAME which I am getting on the pc, so it makes no difference where we talk about it I am still going to think the same, and I was not comparing so move on

(see I done it on this thread as well):pac:

as far as the first person to say it , I post on both this and the xbox one thread and Have great things to say about both, so don't even bother to say which side of the fence I am on because I am on neither, their is no fence for me :)

No I wouldnt :pac: I'm a gamer I am not brand loyalty, even so were talking about a GAME which I am getting on the pc, so it makes no difference where we talk about it I am still going to think the same, and I was not comparing so move on

What's this business of telling someone to move on after making a point once?

The top brass of EA said it will stay exclusive to Microsoft but we have to see.

It was the chief Financial Officer who said it. The very person whose Job it to help rake in the cash for the firm. Microsoft has a credibility problem on keeping exclusives and EA know this so a person named CFO of a company saying it will stay exclusive will assure people to get the game now instead of waiting. Then a year down the line it will appear on the PS4.

I have no interest in Titanfall anyway I would not be considered a fan boy on the matter.

Didn't realise my post came across as being frustrated, didn't intend that. I just think the bickering was pointless, especially comparing it to a game we know little about bar a trailer and drawing conclusions from it. I think both look great, the order interests me a lot given its setting. I don't think there's more to say about it really.

Didn't realise my post came across as being frustrated

A little, I guess. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Better Battlefield and Titanfall rotate than Battlefield and Medal of Honour. I'm amazed at how far those games have fallen in my eyes considering I used to play Rising Sun against the bots a lot when I was younger and Frontline is still one of my favourite FPS games.

Pretty disappointed we won't be getting Titanfall, I think it looks quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Well. Someones on their period

Ahem :p

Didn't realise my post came across as being frustrated, didn't intend that. I just think the bickering was pointless, especially comparing it to a game we know little about bar a trailer and drawing conclusions from it. I think both look great, the order interests me a lot given its setting. I don't think there's more to say about it really.

well it did which was the reason for my response, but if it wasnt I apologize
    But I would not compare these too games as their completely different

greyditch - Move on is an expression to say I am done replying to you about this argument as I feel its no longer apart of the discussion, which it is not, were talking about games and the ps4 here, you don't see me mentioning anything regarding the x1 or praising it because this aint the thread to do it on:) other wise I would be trolling:pac:

The top brass of EA said it will stay exclusive to Microsoft but we have to see.

It was the chief Financial Officer who said it. The very person whose Job it to help rake in the cash for the firm. Microsoft has a credibility problem on keeping exclusives and EA know this so a person named CFO of a company saying it will stay exclusive will assure people to get the game now instead of waiting. Then a year down the line it will appear on the PS4.

I have no interest in Titanfall anyway I would not be considered a fan boy on the matter.

Respawn own the IP, and the deal they made with EA was a once off, they could easily take their ball and go home and end up with Sony, this is the third time they have been dicked about, not very likely it would happen, but it could be the first big exclusive to switch consoles.

Respawn own the IP, and the deal they made with EA was a once off, they could easily take their ball and go home and end up with Sony, this is the third time they have been dicked about, not very likely it would happen, but it could be the first big exclusive to switch consoles.

While it looks great I don't think it could be a big deciding factor, Regards to ps+ offers a whole lot more which I think could easily persuade people to stick to theirs guns with the ps4, at least its not out until next year so alot of people can look at its gameplay before going out and spending over half a grand to play it :pac: without worrying of xbox one shortages, also to top it off isn't infamous coming out around the same times next year?

Respawn tweeted saying they only recently been told it will remain Xbox exclusive. They had a PS4 version is in the works.

But this could all be a show to keep the contract in line.

It is like the lead developer of Bioshock saying Bioshock will never appear on the PS3.

I can't wait for Infamous Second Son. 1 & 2 were so good, and the graphics on SS look insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,827 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Respawn tweeted saying they only recently been told it will remain Xbox exclusive. They had a PS4 version is in the works.

But this could all be a show to keep the contract in line.

It is like the lead developer of Bioshock saying Bioshock will never appear on the PS3.

Well it would make sense that they would have been developing the PS4 version seeing both consoles are using X86 architecture, I'd say EA offered it up to both Sony & Microsoft at a late stage to be an console exclusive, Microsoft offered what EA were asking for Console exclusive for this title, it will be interesting to see what Respawn will develop for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I can't wait for Infamous Second Son. 1 & 2 were so good, and the graphics on SS look insane.

Easily my most anticipated next gen game... would be MGS5 but that's cross gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No love for Festival of Blood?
    Yeah, the Infamous games were my favourite PS3 games, I'd say. So Second Son would be the main game I'd be looking at for PS4, if I pick one up in the future

• Advertisement

Jesus the Canadians get the best of everything.
    In Canada this weekend, take any Xbox 360 or PS3 game—good, bad or ugly; GOTY or shovelware—trade it in, and get a free copy of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts or Battlefield 4.

http://kotaku.com/wild-offer-of-free-call-of-duty-assassins-creed-flood-1461494498?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement