Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Xenji wrote: »

wow just wow..... speechless

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Well it would make sense that they would have been developing the PS4 version seeing both consoles are using X86 architecture, I'd say EA offered it up to both Sony & Microsoft at a late stage to be an console exclusive, Microsoft offered what EA were asking for Console exclusive for this title, it will be interesting to see what Respawn will develop for the PS4.

EA and Microsoft seem to be partnering up for a few new exclusives with content going to MS first like with CoD. I don't care how many exclusives or early DLC they have I would still rather PlayStation 4 and PS Plus. And I currently own a 360. Not for long though!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Looking reeeeeaaal good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

EA and Microsoft seem to be partnering up for a few new exclusives with content going to MS first like with CoD. I don't care how many exclusives or early DLC they have I would still rather PlayStation 4 and PS Plus. And I currently own a 360. Not for long though!

It's looking more like EA have backed the wrong Pony, they will lose huge revenues if the PS4 greatly outsells the XB1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK, we're going to have to get much stricter with warnings and infractions for all this pointless, silly bickering going on recently. If you have an issue with a post, REPORT IT and leave it be, as replying only drags the thread further into the dregs. If we can't get around to dealing with the post immediately, rest assured we will ASAP.

Thanks folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Infamous goes 1 > 2 > festival of blood :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    No love for Festival of Blood?
    Yeah, the Infamous games were my favourite PS3 games, I'd say. So Second Son would be the main game I'd be looking at for PS4, if I pick one up in the future

I've still not played FoB! I keep forgetting to play it. That's tomorrow's gaming sorted, anyway.

The fact that both Infamous games were free on Plus at one stage or another is a testament to the service!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

ib0KwEyfbfwDGB.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

jaffusmax wrote: »
    It's looking more like EA have backed the wrong Pony, they will lose huge revenues if the PS4 greatly outsells the XB1

Lets be realistic both are going to sell by the bucketload

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Davei141 wrote: »
    Lets be realistic both are going to sell by the bucketload

But while they were quite evenly poised last Gen (and BF did early release with PS) it baffles me that they decided to swap to Xbox when PS is expected to take the number 1 spot early this coming gen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone know if PS4 retail boxes are the standard Bluray size?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Anyone know if PS4 retail boxes are the standard Bluray size?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Yes.

Grand. If they weren't it would be annoying when having them on the shelve along with other Blurays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Shadow Marshal Vid

Looking reeeeeaaal good

Looks good.
    I am not trolling here but I have to say sadly I have not been impressed by anything I have seen in terms of PS4 games (or next gen in general). This is first video I have watched were I could say "Yeah that is definitely not the PS3".

I watched the Killzone file that was made available plus a few HD videos of BF4, NFS and many others. I am just not blown away at all and I hate to say it. Have my ps4 pre-ordered since June and I am really hoping to turn it on and be really impressed. I think my problem is seeing how good GTA and a hand full of recent ps3 games look which took 10 years of the ps3 cycle to get to that level. It could be another 3 years before we see the proper potential of the ps4 realised. Looking at comments of people doing backflips about how good that Killzone clip was and I was a bit meh about it tbh.

Anyone else feel that way?

imagevroxu.jpg

Lucky :mad:

Is it worth playing through Killzone 3 in preparation for Shadow Fall? I played and Loved 1, two I was meh over. The multi was sorta fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I dare anyone not to be impressed by how Resogun looks.

3 is the best killzone by a mile I think. Worth a play.

cloud493 wrote: »

I may pick it up for a play through the story so. Was so sad when
    Templar died
    in KZ2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Is it worth playing through Killzone 3 in preparation for Shadow Fall? I played and Loved 1, two I was meh over. The multi was sorta fun.

Not really.
    The story can be summed up as crazy helgan CEO tried to kill all life on earth but the weapon goes off before leaving the planet helgan and this is why the helgan now live on the planet vekta as they're all that's left.

Mod edit: Adding spoiler tags - don't know if it is a spoiler, just going by a following post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I dare anyone not to be impressed by how Resogun looks.

Meh.

Varik wrote: »
    Not really.

Well...that was an unfortunate spoiler...

Mod edit: removing quoted post.

Its also a pretty great shooter :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,490 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well...that was an unfortunate spoiler...

If you play Killzone games for the story you're playing the wrong series.

Also if you are playing a Killzone game for gameplay I'd say you are playing the wrong series as well :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you play Killzone games for the story you're playing the wrong series.

Also if you are playing a Killzone game for gameplay I'd say you are playing the wrong series as well :P

Story is aigh like. A spoiler is, in any game, a spoiler nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Spoiler on a 2 year old game that just about has enough story to hold it together.??

It's like putting spoiler tags on the story of last years CoD game. :D

Spoiler on a 2 year old game that just about has enough story to hold it together.??

It's like putting spoiler tags on the story of last years CoD game. :D

Well like I wouldn't have minded had I just come across it, it is as you say, an old game. But because I specifically asked should i play the story only to be told the actual story :P Yeah BO II story was awful but tbf IW CoD games usually have a great story (this year aside)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Well like I wouldn't have minded had I just come across it, it is as you say, an old game. But because I specifically asked should i play the story only to be told the actual story :P Yeah BO II story was awful but tbf IW CoD games usually have a great story (this year aside)

ah now saying that they have great stories is akin to saying the transformer movies were screenwriting genius

you only play them to see **** blow up and to see what IW do to cause shock

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

cloud493 wrote: »

I'd go with 3 for single player and 2 for multiplayer. The very fact that I can remember what happens in the story of the series means it's somewhat memorable and as far as I can remember its better than most shooters in the writing department.

• Advertisement

NTMK wrote: »
    ah now saying that they have great stories is akin to saying the transformer movies were screenwriting genius

you only play them to see **** blow up and to see what IW do to cause shock

I have to disagree. Myself, my friends and a large amount of people I know from the interwebz community believe the story arc in MW series was great. I've rarely encountered objective people who don't either love CoD because 360 noscopezxxx or hate it just because it is what it is that can't honestly admit its well written and at times emotional.

"CoD for story Bf for Multi" is the general mantra for wholesome enjoying of AAA Mainstream FPS games :pac:. The
    deaths of Ghost, Soap
    and the Final stand scene in MW1 were all some of the best gaming scenes I can remember playing. (Until TLOU just came in and ****ed **** up in regards to storytelling in videogames)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement