Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I have to disagree. Myself, my friends and a large amount of people I know from the interwebz community believe the story arc in MW series was great. I've rarely encountered objective people who don't either love CoD because 360 noscopezxxx or hate it just because it is what it is that can't honestly admit its well written and at times emotional.

"CoD for story Bf for Multi" is the general mantra for wholesome enjoying of AAA Mainstream FPS games :pac:. The deaths of Ghost, Soap and the Final stand scene in MW1 were all some of the best gaming scenes I can remember playing. (Until TLOU just came in and ****ed **** up in regards to storytelling in videogames)

MW had good bits in Story, I agree, but it was not great. The third one was complete pants though.
    Black ops on the other hand is something really damn good. Black Ops 2 Story was amazing. Now thats A cod worth buying for Single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The story in a shooter doesn't have to do anything other than get you from A to B.

And the end of Killzone 3 is not a spoiler considering everything that they've shown for shadow fall has pretty much told you what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Varik wrote: »
    The story in a shooter doesn't have to do anything other than get you from A to B.
    This is why I wish 99% of games should just have a skippable scrawl of text at the beginning setting things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

MW had good bits in Story, I agree, but it was not great. The third one was complete pants though.
    Black ops on the other hand is something really damn good. Black Ops 2 Story was amazing. Now thats A cod worth buying for Single player.

I liked BO1 and for online I'm always a Treyarch man just Felt the MW arc was great story. BOII Imo wasnt good and was very disjointed. The future parts bored me. But to each their own.
    Varik wrote: »

And the end of Killzone 3 is not a spoiler considering everything that they've shown for shadow fall has pretty much told you what happened.

It doesnt have to no but it would be rather drab just running straight and shooting lads in a big line with absolutely 0 dialogue :P That video posted today was the first I had seen of the new KZ and I wasnt really sure when it was set and what had happened in the previous game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I have to disagree. Myself, my friends and a large amount of people I know from the interwebz community believe the story arc in MW series was great. I've rarely encountered objective people who don't either love CoD because 360 noscopezxxx or hate it just because it is what it is that can't honestly admit its well written and at times emotional.

"CoD for story Bf for Multi" is the general mantra for wholesome enjoying of AAA Mainstream FPS games :pac:. The
    deaths of Ghost, Soap
    and the Final stand scene in MW1 were all some of the best gaming scenes I can remember playing. (Until TLOU just came in and ****ed **** up in regards to storytelling in videogames)

im not saying its complete **** but it was very cliched and predictable imo. i still enjoyed them but imo IW story telling ended with cod 4 everything after that followed this with the same types of twists as 4. ghosts even borrows a cutscence lol

black ops 1 was very enjoyable apart from the infinite respawn on some levels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lucky ****er

ps4.png

BYlhk7OCIAAu-ii.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Xenji wrote: »
    Lucky ****er

ps4.png

BYlhk7OCIAAu-ii.jpg:large

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I want it now.

One of the guys who has one said he will do a video of it booting up, still no sign of it yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Probably balls deep in Killzone.

Xenji wrote: »

longandworthit is Guy Longworth's son. High level Sony employees would of had PS4's already anyway. This is just a good PR move by Sony after what happened with the X1 over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

DrMorphine wrote: »
    longandworthit is Guy Longworth's son. High level Sony employees would of had PS4's already anyway. This is just a good PR move by Sony after what happened with the X1 over the weekend.

What happened with the X1?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Kill zone doesn't look like the type of game I'm going to love, even though I can appreciate why others are really looking forward to it. I got the chance to upgrade to the mega bundle today and I did as I'm willing to give the most innovative game on launch a good go.

Are many going to sell the camera or is there a good reason to keep it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What happened with the X1?

A guy got it 2 weeks early from Target. Set it up got the 500mb patch and was playing Ghosts online for about 6 hours till his console was banned. His unboxing vid on Youtube was locked down by MS and his Twitter account was put in "jail".

All has been sorted out now though.

A guy got it 2 weeks early from Target. Set it up got the 500mb patch and was playing Ghosts online for about 6 hours till his console was banned. His unboxing vid on Youtube was locked down by MS and his Twitter account was put in "jail".

All has been sorted out now though.

Also those people that got their console early from Target are getting a $100 voucher form their pain. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also those people that got their console early from Target are getting a $100 voucher form their pain. :pac:

Target also shipped out Xboxones, and for the people that connected them to the itnernet (i.e all) they all got permabanned :D

Still have friends working in the call centre for Xbox in Dublin, seemingly consoles getting automatically banned once they appear online before X date. Such a joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

TheDoc wrote: »
    Target also shipped out Xboxones, and for the people that connected them to the itnernet (i.e all) they all got permabanned :D

Still have friends working in the call centre for Xbox in Dublin, seemingly consoles getting automatically banned once they appear online before X date. Such a joke :D

According to Kotaku they aren't permanently banned. Just until the 22 November.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

According to Kotaku they aren't permanently banned. Just until the 22 November.

ahh thats good. i was just thinking how scumbagish it was of them to ban someone for receiving the console early...nobody would keep it unplugged until the official release date lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They invited him to one of the VIP launch events too I thought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They invited him to one of the VIP launch events too I thought?

Yeah they did, as a guest of the company, they could not tell him where it was on, only that they will make sure he gets there. It's like a movie.

Going back to this again, some people may have not seen the video

From talk going around it is now looking highly likely that the PS4 will be getting a exclusive Street Fighter game, it will either be Ultimate Street Fighter 4, a remake or a whole new game, we should hopefully find out more at the PS4 reveal on Thursday.

The phone number is also the release date of the very first Street Fighter game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

i8OJ3pYXV09j3.gif
    iZsFSTuiRhF4y.gif

iNECRuklo6h0L.gif

ib1UkayUQFl6sk.gif

Love Gaf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Off to target this morning @8am to see about getting the 3-4-2 games for PS4. I've already gotten KZ:SF but will pick up that again knack and A.N.OTHER then I can return my KZ:SF to gamestop for a refund.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Anyone recommend some good launch titles?

I'll be getting Assassins Creed 4 and Battlefield 4 but looking for something else too. Maybe 2-3 more games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Any idea how long lan (or what its called) cable supplied with PS4 is?

My router is 3-4 meters from TV, it has wifi but I already have so many devices connected to it I'd prefer to connect PS4 by cable as I am not going to move it around ..

How do I buy longer cable on ebay? I mean how it's called - what should I search for ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

198321 wrote: »

My router is 3-4 meters from TV, it has wifi but I already have so many devices connected to it I'd prefer to connect PS4 by cable as I am not going to move it around ..

How do I buy longer cable on ebay? I mean how it's called - what should I search for ..

CAT5/Ethernet

ethernet cable RJ45 to be specific, not sure if any comes with ps4.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/RJ45-Cat5e-Ethernet-Network-Cable-Lead-1m-2m-3m-5m-10m-15m-20m-25m-30m-40m-50m-/370879210765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item565a1fa50d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Thanks, would CAT6 work too ?

Anyway I gonna buy this one, now what color do I choose :cool:

• Advertisement

Thanks, would CAT6 work too ?

Anyway I gonna buy this one, now what color do I choose :cool:

Yeah cat6 is backward compatible with cat5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement