Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

198321 wrote: »
    Any idea how long lan (or what its called) cable supplied with PS4 is?

My router is 3-4 meters from TV, it has wifi but I already have so many devices connected to it I'd prefer to connect PS4 by cable as I am not going to move it around ..

How do I buy longer cable on ebay? I mean how it's called - what should I search for ..

There is no Ethernet cable supplied with the ps4 fyi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

CombatCow wrote: »
    There is no Ethernet cable supplied with the ps4 fyi

was 5e on ebay for 5m so no big deal

starting to get ready for it ..

in next 2 weeks I might tidy cables around TV, get rid of dust and make place for PS4 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Can't believe in less than a week the PS4 will be released in the US. HYPE

But for us

tumblr_mkanblQoNj1rprju4o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lucreto wrote: »

But for us

So that same gif on Neogaf.

Yup, Next week friday Yankies will get their toys and we will be **** for 2 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

But for us

There's always twitch to keep us going! Will watch some Xbox 1 streams weekend after aswell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm just glad I don't live in Japan for this launch. But they are so in love with their handhelds I don't think they will care much.

Since so many people already have already received PS4 I would expect many unboxing videos on youtube (or other services where it's not so easy for sony to request it to be deleted) ..but I cannot find anything ..

looks like those people are using photoshop :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Just back from target but still in work managed to get the 3-4-2 game deal. They couldn't sell us (there were 3 of us) any of the games scheduled for Tuesday launch but the firday launch games were there. Picked up Killzone, Knack and COD (I'll be bringing this back during the week to get a game I actually want) as a 3rd game to make up the 3-4-2 bundle. I can either bring in the game on Tuesday and exchange it for FIFA which was the game I actually wanted or return to C/S and get store credit of $59.99. I now have 2 copies of KZ:SF and will be returning the one I bought in gamestop for a refund thankfully I never opened the plastic. Happy days roll on Thursday midnight..

The only advantage of being two weeks later it we can adjuect ore game pre-orders. If Knack scores low people can change or cancel the pre-orders and get something else.

If they end up being excellent the wait will be a killer.

The only advantage of being two weeks later it we can adjuect ore game pre-orders. If Knack scores low people can change or cancel the pre-orders and get something else.

If they end up being excellent the wait will be a killer.

Indeed. I am waiting on Knack and NFS Rivals Reviews. I really doubt they will do a Feck up with Killzone at this stage and I already know what to expect from Ghost ( not much ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Do you know how long the 3-4-2 offer is on for? I've my PS4 ordered from target with killzone
    wcarey1975 wrote: »
    Just back from target but still in work managed to get the 3-4-2 game deal. They couldn't sell us (there were 3 of us) any of the games scheduled for Tuesday launch but the firday launch games were there. Picked up Killzone, Knack and COD (I'll be bringing this back during the week to get a game I actually want) as a 3rd game to make up the 3-4-2 bundle. I can either bring in the game on Tuesday and exchange it for FIFA which was the game I actually wanted or return to C/S and get store credit of $59.99. I now have 2 copies of KZ:SF and will be returning the one I bought in gamestop for a refund thankfully I never opened the plastic. Happy days roll on Thursday midnight..

CFC007 wrote: »
    Do you know how long the 3-4-2 offer is on for? I've my PS4 ordered from target with killzone

It's there till Saturday and/or while stocks last. They are only getting 20 PS4 consoles in my local Target and 8 of those are pre-orders. Will be madness on Friday.

W

It's there till Saturday and/or while stocks last. They are only getting 20 PS4 consoles in my local Target and 8 of those are pre-orders. Will be madness on Friday.

W

Cool thanks for that. I fly in on Friday evening so will go straight there for the games. I hope they don't mess up my preorder now!

Cool thanks for that. I fly in on Friday evening so will go straight there for the games. I hope they don't mess up my preorder now!

If you want any games I'd ring first thing opening on tuesday and get them to set aside your 3 games. Thats what the guy who runs the electronics dept told me to do if I wanted any games on tuesday its an (going to use it cause it is) awesome deal and couldnt pass it up. I might even pop in again on Friday and get another 3 if there are any still available as I'll be up from playing all night and dropping my son off to school so will be outside Target at 8am.

W

Good shout I'll call them on Tuesday to see if they'll do that for me. You sure your not the one that should be going to school on Friday!!!

If you want any games I'd ring first thing opening on tuesday and get them to set aside your 3 games. Thats what the guy who runs the electronics dept told me to do if I wanted any games on tuesday its an (going to use it cause it is) awesome deal and couldnt pass it up. I might even pop in again on Friday and get another 3 if there are any still available as I'll be up from playing all night and dropping my son off to school so will be outside Target at 8am.

W

Good shout I'll call them on Tuesday to see if they'll do that for me. You sure your not the one that should be going to school on Friday!!!

Perhaps but a launch console comes round approx every 8 years. I was in school for the PS1 and couldnt afford it in our house so managed to pick one up towards the end of the PS1 cycle. I got a PS2 @ launch as I was working and enjoyed that. PS3 I had a new house had just moved and recently married and a young kid so was late to the party. PS4 i'll be front row centre. I've probably only got another 2 or 3 realistically max in my lifetime left to be able to enjoy and then it will my kids turn..

W

Why can't we get these deals. :(

dG2ckW7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Has anyone mentioned Knack's quest yet, it's a free ios(soon on android) game that will link with the ps4 version once released, it's a match 3 game like bejeweled. As you play you unlock gadget parts to use in the ps4 game to make Knack stronger etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/knacks-quest/id727485111?mt=8

Also speaking of apps the ps4 app will be available this Wednesday, so you should be able to grab it with a us iTunes account, otherwise it's out here on the 22nd.

well I think he should buy xbox (and kinect 2 with free fitness app)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Going by this I think we will be getting an uncharted 4 announcement soon

http://eskimopress.com/news/games/item/438-naughty-dog-is-ready-to-reveal-uncharted-4

Returned my 2nd copy of KZ and got a refund only to find they had a PS4 kiosk in the store. Managed to play 5 mins on both FIFA and KNACK. Really impressed with the feel of the new controller but will take time to get used to the new shape/size overall. Can't wait now for Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Returned my 2nd copy of KZ and got a refund only to find they had a PS4 kiosk in the store. Managed to play 5 mins on both FIFA and KNACK. Really impressed with the feel of the new controller but will take time to get used to the new shape/size overall. Can't wait now for Thursday.

I was budgeting for paying off the ps4 this month and getting it either the late 1st round or early 2nd round of shipments but dislocated my knee and missed a week of work now my budgeting is way off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

where is the fifa kiosk?

MarkY91 wrote: »
    where is the fifa kiosk?

Oregon USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I love the way Francis throws stuff behind him. I dunno why, I always laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

padair wrote: »
    Going by this I think we will be getting an uncharted 4 announcement soon

http://eskimopress.com/news/games/item/438-naughty-dog-is-ready-to-reveal-uncharted-4

Hopefully we might hear something at the launch event Sony is having thursday..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/05/youre-invited-experience-ps4s-launch-live-november-14th/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

This post is picking up pace on few sites about the games we will see at the All access on Thursday, highly doubt all or if any of it is true, but would be a good laugh if it was
    Just posting this in case if anything out of this turns out to be true and i can have a laugh.

1. Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 and PS Vita cross-buy exclusive, Delsin (inFamous: Second Son) a playable character
    2. King's Seal, an Elder Scrolls-like game by From Software and Sony Japan Studio
    3. Microcosm, a sci-fi RPG by Sony Santa Monica
    4. Mar: The Precursor, a Jak spinoff by Sanzaru Games
    5. Golden Tides, by SCE Bend and Naughty Dog
    6. Gravity Crush, by Sony Japan Studio
    7. Tease of new Naughty Dog title (written by Brian Wood and Amy Hennig, TBA at VGAs)

Other stuff:
    -New MGSV trailer
    -New Deep Down trailer
    -New Shadow of the Beast trailer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dG2ckW7.png

Is that in the usa only ya?

• Advertisement

What is the offer? I don't see anything on the US amazon site

dG2ckW7.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement