Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If they announce uncharted 4 (which it seems more or less confirmed, as well as highly likely) I will break my ****. That is the game that will. Good lord. Please please uncharted 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd love Naughty Dog to come out with something new. Don't they end on trilogies, and never carry a series to a new console? I could be wrong about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

CFC007 wrote: »
    What is the offer? I don't see anything on the US amazon site

That offer is for those that pre-ordered a PS4.

But this is for everyone else.

Link: 3 for 2 PS4 games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd love Naughty Dog to come out with something new..

They only brought out what could be game of the year, The Last of Us new IP and all. Bit much to expect another new IP from them already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well they've said there'll keep making uncharted long as people want it. Plus there's 4 uncharted games now, even though golden abyss was by Sony bend. Plus I'd imagine there's more than one team working on stuff, like there was 2 teams working on uncharted 3 and the last of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    I love the way Francis throws stuff behind him. I dunno why, I always laugh.

I loved when he threw the whole table when he heard its from Sony! EPIC! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

198321 wrote: »
    well I think he should buy xbox (and kinect 2 with free fitness app)

I`d love if MS kept up the bad PR and sent him one on their own recommendation. :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I loved when he threw the whole table when he heard its from Sony! EPIC! :D

Im surprised he didn't break the console. can you imagine the fan boy outrage? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

They only brought out what could be game of the year, The Last of Us new IP and all. Bit much to expect another new IP from them already.

They have 2 teams, the team that did Uncharted 3 did not work on The Last of Us, so they have been working on something else. Whether that is a new IP or not, remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Benzino wrote: »
    They have 2 teams, the team that did Uncharted 3 did not work on The Last of Us, so they have been working on something else. Whether that is a new IP or not, remains to be seen.

Still, even with 2 teams, and with the quality of the 2 IPs a third this soon after the second and with ND's high standards would be really pushing it imo and straight on to a new platform at that. If they have a new IP happy days, I don't feel Uncharted has much more left to give. 2 was just fantastic and 3 could not match it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still, even with 2 teams, and with the quality of the 2 IPs a third this soon after the second and with ND's high standards would be really pushing it imo and straight on to a new platform at that. If they have a new IP happy days, I don't feel Uncharted has much more left to give. 2 was just fantastic and 3 could not match it.

Completely disagree about Uncharted 3.

But as of this month it's 2 years old and who knows when the next game that that team is working on it will be released and when they started it, if the game was out at launch it might be pushing it but it's only being announced now*.

*if there is a game to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭bazzz

Here's some more PS4 UI in action at a Playstation event hosted in Hong Kong last week.This was linked to by a member on the official PS forum.

Ok I'm putting in the full video the first one seems to be having problems starting
    at where the UI demo starts (around 4mins 40sec in).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭bazzz

Here is the official Playstation 4 Unboxing Video from SCEA

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Here another unboxing video, its in german.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Interesting..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Interesting..

I'll just nip this in the bud with the help of neogaf (via reddit)

https://web.archive.org/web/20091128093421/http://uk.playstation.com/legal/detail/item223670/UK-PlayStation%C2%AE3-Software-Usage-Terms/

It has been in their ToS for years. It's not a big deal and you can still sell, trade and do all of that. If would be a problem if Sony started enforcing it, but there is no chance of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

That offer is for those that pre-ordered a PS4.

But this is for everyone else.

Link: 3 for 2 PS4 games

I really want this to come to amazon.co.uk!!!
    *sigh* we can all dream :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

LauraW7746 wrote: »

I do and don't. On one hand, it looks like a good deal. On the other, I don't think I can justify spending the bones of £100 on more games even if one is 'free'.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I do and don't. On one hand, it looks like a good deal. On the other, I don't think I can justify spending the bones of £100 on more games even if one is 'free'.

I totally could :) I already have knack PO with amazon but I would cancel and select it as part of the offer with possibly ghosts and a sporty title maybe FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Interesting..

It says "unless you have the permission of Sony" and I think we all remember this:

So unless a certain publisher wants to do it, which I doubt they will as most already make you buy online codes, this means very little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

When can we expect the reviews for the PS4 launch games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

When can we expect the reviews for the PS4 launch games?

I think the embargo is lifted today/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Minecraft has been delayed and will not now be a launch title

https://twitter.com/4jstudios/status/399821608463769600

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

CombatCow wrote: »
    I think the embargo is lifted today/tomorrow.

I did not know this, I thought we had to wait until Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

flynner13 wrote: »
    Photos!!!
    Klair88 wrote: »
    PIC's or GTFO

6RPZ58_thumb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

bazzz wrote: »
    Here is the official Playstation 4 Unboxing Video from SCEA

Love that, it has a great 80's cheesey feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It's pretty much an homage to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

LauraW7746 wrote: »

You can still order from Amazon.com. Just have to pay higher shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

CombatCow wrote: »
    It's pretty much an homage to this :D

I had no idea that it was a homage to anything. I think it flew over a lot of people's heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

lertsnim wrote: »
    It is bordering on trolling. He posts only for a reaction.

I have plenty of normal posts, questions etc, just people take notice when you say something bad about a game they are precious about.

I am genuinely surprised that people are excited about Knack. Not trolling at all. It looks completely average IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement