Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

mozattack wrote: »
    I have plenty of normal posts, questions etc, just people take notice when you say something bad about a game they are precious about.

I am genuinely surprised that people are excited about Knack. Not trolling at all. It looks completely average IMO.

I couldn't agree more, I understand some people like Knack, but it does look silly and I don't understand how anybody over 15 years of age would want to play it. Not saying violence has to be in everything, but still ..

Same as Resogun - which looks like game on iPad or powerful Android tablet, not PS4 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

198321 wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more, I understand some people like Knack, but it does look silly and I don't understand how anybody over 15 years of age would want to play it. Not saying violence has to be in anything, but still ..

Same as Resogun - which looks like game on iPad or powerful Android tablet, not PS4 ..

There will be plenty of under 15 wanting to play this game as well as quite a few over 15. Plus the more people buying games for PS4 the better for all of us!

Personally I hate racers and Beat em Ups but I can appreciate their popularity, gaming is all about personal preferences!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

jaffusmax wrote: »
    There will be plenty of under 15 wanting to play this game as well as quite a few over 15.

I hate racers and Beat em Upsbut can appreciate their popularity!

but i agree i'm usually wrong .. I still struggle to understand anybody over 4 years of age playing Pokemon (x or y i think) or Lego games, yet they are bestsellers :eek: ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

but i agree i'm usually wrong .. I still struggle to understand anybody over 4 years of age playing Pokemon (x or y i think) or Lego games, yet they are bestsellers :eek: ..

It is easy with Pokemon, I was about 11 when the original game was released here, had the red version, have not watched the shows in over 10 years, but still play the games for the nostalgia aspect, plus they are quite good games.

I would play Lego games with my kids not GTAV :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

According to a post on HUKD the amazon.co.uk 2 for 1 deal will start tomorrow for PS4 games. Lets wait and see....

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Just turned up in the post.
    10799696985_b453bc4d34.jpg
    2013-11-11 13.55.16 by beercr8te, on Flickr

beercr8te wrote: »
    Just turned up in the post.
    2013-11-11%2013.55.16.jpg

Can't See Pic's

van_damm_cant_see_sht_gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CombatCow wrote: »
    According to a post on HUKD the amazon.co.uk 2 for 1 deal will start tomorrow for PS4 games. Lets wait and see....

That would be great. I think I would get BF4, NFS, then look in to osmething weird as the third game! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I'm getting battlefield 4, one brother is getting killzone with bf4 and the other is being stubborn and may be getting killzone as well. To be honest, I'm quite happy with BF4 and resogun and all the free 2 play games. More than enough there to keep anyone occupied.
    Going to have to be extremely selective with my digital purchases going forward. Will only be buying digital games from steam when at all possible and only the best of the best off PSN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

it does look silly and I don't understand how anybody over 15 years of age would want to play it.

I remember people saying similar things about these.
    Up_Poster.JPGwall-e-poster-02.jpg

Sometimes things are so good, they transcend their genre. It happened with Kameo, Flower, Ico and other games for me, it could happen with Knack. It might not, but I won't be writing it of or praising it until I get to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I couldn't agree more, I understand some people like Knack, but it does look silly and I don't understand how anybody over 15 years of age would want to play it. Not saying violence has to be in everything, but still ..

I don't understand the hate for Knack. It may look kiddy but it is a difficult enough game. From the hands on I have read on normal you can die up to 10 times in a level. The difficulity has been described as the Mario or Crash final world difficult.

The aesthetic is cartoony alright but games like Tales of Xilla, Puppeteer and Ni No Kuni have been the highlight of the year for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have you played the games? Once you get past the bubblegum presentation (which is very quick), you realise the game offers some of the deepest, most involved, most adaptable mechanics of any RPG. I would have no qualms whatsoever in saying Pokemon games have deeper, more robust gameplay systems than any Skyrims or other big budget RPGs. I haven't played a Pokemon game since I was a kid, but I'm already losing hours to Y, and am constantly taken aback at how complex and intelligently designed the game is.

Presentation alone is such a simplistic way to judge any game. Many of the best games ever made have been presented in bold, vivid, accessible primary colours. I hope to hell it continues, as really I tend to find many of the so-called gritty, violent games to be the ones lacking any sort of maturity or appeal to anyone over the age of 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

c1jmqYd.gif

Those Banderas gifs on NeoGaf are continuing to deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Whats the antonio bandaras joke?

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Whats the antonio bandaras joke?

There was one of his film on a a tv when some chap fired up a PS4 during a promo clip!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3XRRVgk8zerzBloOOt0p8FN1tW-xDV0bLNZLSdSr0A5xZGnudaA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A new viral trailer, has something to do with Assassin's Creed this time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I played both Knack and Resogun at the Eurogamer Expo. They are both Day-1 purchases for me (...well, we get Resogun for free so... :pac:)

It is really now starting to annoy me that Murica/NA is getting the PS4 this week and we have to wait. Does not really make sense!

• Advertisement

wXhELro.jpg

Haha. I don't care, I can't wait to play this.

Grayditch wrote: »
    wXhELro.jpg

Haha. I don't care, I can't wait to play this.

Loved it on PC but none of my mates were on it. Gonna love it on Console.

Could Planetside 2 be better than Titanfall? That is the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Grayditch wrote: »
    Could Planetside 2 be better than Titanfall? That is the question!

I dont really know. It all about the scale. I played early Planteside 2 and I did not liked it. I need to see how it evolved now, but I am Cba to be honest. Will definitely give it a try on PS4.

BlackLight retribution and Warframe are two games I am looking forward.

As an EVE player I would LOVE CPP to bring updated and better version on Dust514 to PS4. Putting it on PS3 was stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It is really now starting to annoy me that Murica/NA is getting the PS4 this week and we have to wait. Does not really make sense!

It makes perfect sense really though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

iAbUFwQE4FYzx.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I see it as stress testing the PSN servers before we get our console. Any early bugs would be worked out before we join in on the fun.

I dont really know. It all about the scale. I played early Planteside 2 and I did not liked it. I need to see how it evolved now, but I am Cba to be honest. Will definitely give it a try on PS4.

BlackLight retribution and Warframe are two games I am looking forward.

As an EVE player I would LOVE CPP to bring updated and better version on Dust514 to PS4. Putting it on PS3 was stupid.

Warframe was reallllllly repetitive when I played the open Beta or whatever it was. Every level was exactly the same. Hoping that theres much more variety. PS2 was very close to being a great game. All the large scale battles etc were great fun. But the yield was sorta disappointing. When you eventually conquered the map there was very little sense of achievment. Some small changes could really make that game amazing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Planetside 2 got was consistency getting better, with the exception of the odd whiner complaining about "pay 2 win" which was stupid it was great.

Really hoping for character transfer or shared characters between PC and PS4.

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to it. And the other F2P multiplayer games. The F2P games are getting so little coverage in the "console war", but they're one of the main reasons I'm going for PS4. That and PsPlus. And the amount of studios Sony have signed up with. And Killzone.

Ok, that's a lot of reasons. But that's a good thing, right ;) ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement