Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

CombatCow wrote: »
    According to a post on HUKD the amazon.co.uk 2 for 1 deal will start tomorrow for PS4 games. Lets wait and see....

I really hope this happens... I'll def pick up a couple of games if they do. Which ones is the question. I have the killzone mega bundle preordered so two other games would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like we might get the Witcher 2 ported over.
    In an exclusive interview with PlayStation Universe, Michał Krzemiński, Senior Art producer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt at CD Project, talks about the evolution of the action-RPG series and what it was like working with the PlayStation 4.

This is the first time that The Witcher has appeared on a Sony console but Krzemiński says that they are experimenting with ways in which to bring gamers up to speed with Witcher lore, though he emphasises that this latest iteration will feature a standalone narrative to ensure that gamers do not have to be familiar with past titles.

Working with next-generation hardware has ensured that The Witcher 3 will look outstanding and Krzemiński says that he wants gamers to say ‘wow’ when they play this latest instalment and for that “‘wow' to stay with you throughout the whole experience”.

When probed about PlayStation 4 hardware, Krzemiński says that it’s a “dream come true when it comes to game development” as they haven’t had to think about hardware limitations and were simply able to unleash their creative firepower.

Does The Witcher 3 max out the PS4, we asked?

“That’s a really tough question to answer”, says Krzemiński, “because you learn the system along the way and games that are developed at the end of a console’s life cycle are always better looking despite the hardware remains unchanged. And it’s not a thing specific to us, other studios are subject to this as well. Nonetheless, The Witcher 3’s visuals will blow you away.”

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is due for release in 2014 on PC, Xbox One and PS4. A launch date has yet to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Don't get your hopes up for the amazon deal.

c16080b5f2a51a9042e25a20c94504c8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The Witcher 2 was better than Skyrim for me. Not the same game, but I don't play a lot of Fantasy RPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Grayditch wrote: »
    The Witcher 2 was better than Skyrim for me. Not the same game, but I don't play a lot of Fantasy RPGs.

Found Skyrim was boring after a while. Think it's a very over-rated game myself (in fact I think most of Bethesda games are overrated, and buggy as hell).

• Advertisement

Gave up the way I always do with Bethesda games. Crashes 4 times in one day and it goes back on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Gave up the way I always do with Bethesda games. Crashes 4 times in one day and it goes back on the shelf.

I hope this will happen less now with the next hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Lucreto wrote: »
    I hope this will happen less now with the next hardware.

It's just bad coding, not really related to hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Greg Miller @GameOverGreggy
    @ign will be reviewing lots of #ps4 games Wednesday at 6 am PT. (1pm out time I think.)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In story, Characters and world Skyrim cannot even hold a candle to Witcher franchise. Skyrim is just a popcorn game for masses and Witcher series are just plain awesome and deep. Skyrim goes for quantity and Witcher goes for Diamond Quality.

*gets ready to repel all the fanboy attacks! :pac:

P.S. CD Project Red is my Favourite Dev in gaming industry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Lack of reviews is strange, so far we've only seen multiplatform stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

In story, Characters and world Skyrim cannot even hold a candle to Witcher franchise. Skyrim is just a popcorn game for masses and Witcher series are just plain awesome and deep. Skyrim goes for quantity and Witcher goes for Diamond Quality.

*gets ready to repel all the fanboy attacks! :pac:

P.S. CD Project Red is my Favourite Dev in gaming industry.

I never played Witcher so cant comment on it, but Im finding it alot harder to get into Skyrim than I did with Oblivion.
    I mean uh you suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I also agree bethesda is way overrated :pac: and PS4 UI is nice, prefer it to the XB1 system anyway.

In story, Characters and world Skyrim cannot even hold a candle to Witcher franchise. Skyrim is just a popcorn game for masses

To be fair, it may be a Popcorn game within the genre, but the genre isn't popcorn, so Skyrim is still at least entry level in to something that's not Modern GunFire 4 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Interesting article on PS4 installs/cache or whatever you wanna call it:

http://kotaku.com/how-mandatory-game-installations-will-work-on-ps4-1462283797

"as you play, the game will stream more content to the console's 500GB hard drive. Knack will use 37GB of space overall, as noted on the game's box. Obviously, it won't take many games to fill the console's hard drive."

So I guess the install/cache size will be about 20GB if you are halfway through the game and it will continue to install/cache to 37GB as you play to the end...Sound about right ?

Killzone will need it's own 45GB of space too I imagine, so the thoughts of having one set amount of space that all games share as you insert/remove the disc is out the window. Essentially the more you play the more it install/caches.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Really want a good RPG with some co-op or multilayer features (doesn't have to be a MMO), the closest that the PS4 has I think is DC online but I'd rather something with elves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I love Bethesda games despite their many faults. Would probably wait a few months after release to buy any future ones though in the hope of avoiding major bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

cloud493 wrote: »
    Lack of reviews is strange, so far we've only seen multiplatform stuff.

Embargo lifts Wedesday

Varik wrote: »
    Really want a good RPG with some co-op or multilayer features (doesn't have to be a MMO), the closest that the PS4 has I think is DC online but I'd rather something with elves.

Had fun with Diablo 3 and LOTR: War In The North. Local co-op on both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Varik wrote: »

There is no high fantasy games close to launch. Final Fantasy XIV will be on the PS4 around March. The beta starts around the Japanese PS4 launch. Then Elder Scrolls Online beta is set for the Spring. Then there is Dragon Age towards the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

CombatCow wrote: »
    Interesting article on PS4 installs/cache or whatever you wanna call it:

http://kotaku.com/how-mandatory-game-installations-will-work-on-ps4-1462283797

"as you play, the game will stream more content to the console's 500GB hard drive. Knack will use 37GB of space overall, as noted on the game's box. Obviously, it won't take many games to fill the console's hard drive."

So I guess the install/cache size will be about 20GB if you are halfway through the game and it will continue to install/cache to 37GB as you play to the end...Sound about right ?

Killzone will need it's own 45GB of space too I imagine, so the thoughts of having one set amount of space that all games share as you insert/remove the disc is out the window. Essentially the more you play the more it install/caches.

I don't understand why it needs to do this. For the PS3 I thought it was because the disk drive was too slow, now it's faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How much is it to upgrade to the PS4 Fifa from PS3, and where do ya do that?

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I don't understand why it needs to do this. For the PS3 I thought it was because the disk drive was too slow, now it's faster.

It is so you do not have to install the whole game before you play it, when you stick the disk in you are playing nearly straight away, the cache system installs and deletes data as you play the game, so as long as you have 50 gigs of free space on your PS4 you can play as many games as you want without worrying about space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

How much is it to upgrade to the PS4 Fifa from PS3, and where do ya do that?

€9.99 digitally and €14.99 in Gamestop

kensutz wrote: »
    €9.99 digitally and €14.99 in Gamestop

Sweet, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

All I want is a 360 to ps4 conversion *whimpers*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Xenji wrote: »
    It is so you do not have to install the whole game before you play it, when you stick the disk in you are playing nearly straight away, the cache system installs and deletes data as you play the game, so as long as you have 50 gigs of free space on your PS4 you can play as many games as you want without worrying about space.

But you don't even have to install the entire game now on the PS3. It installs every disc,but only a small bit of it. Nowhere near 50GB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hello there;

I will have the choice of swapping a PS3 disk for a PS4 disk or upgrading digitally (where I think you keep the PS3 disk and run that in the PS4).

Which method is best?

I wont be selling the game so I dont need a physical disk for that reason.

Assistance/opinion appreciated.

• Advertisement

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    But you don't even have to install the entire game now on the PS3. It installs every disc,but only a small bit of it. Nowhere near 50GB

50 gig is just the minimum you need on your system, it will not be installing all of that, the difference is that all PS4 games are now a mandatory install.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement