Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hopefully they will, amazon.co.uk have a beta version of the digital PC/mac storefront that launched on amazon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If I sign up for a US account and download a game from the US, can I play it using my European gamer account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I see Sony is going to show case the PS4 from November 20th in Dublin. http://siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/34793-sony-to-open-playstation-4/

yep, iv bought many a game of the US psn store and played it under my EU account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Batesy wrote: »
    It's getting more and more tempting to just go with a US only PSN account from here on out.

Would love to see Amazon.co.uk follow suit.

I'm not so sure. Over here in Europe we get a better selection of games from PS+ each month than whats on offer in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Grayditch wrote: »
    If I sign up for a US account and download a game from the US, can I play it using my European gamer account?

Yep, just buy a PSN card from Amazon.com or use Paypal, all digital PS4 games will cost €42 on it.

PS4 interface features detailed at New York press event
    PlayStation 4 was the focus of a press event in New York overnight, which yielded such fascinating details as the fact that pressing the PS button twice swaps you to the last opened app. Gosh.

Multiple sites have reports of UI details from the event, some of which we’ve heard piece meal before; here are some of the more interesting, harvested from IGN‘s comprehensive report. Players can configure the PS4 for PlayStation Camera log-in, using a one-time calibration during which the system takes three differently-angled photos of your face. After that, just stand in front of the camera with a controller in hand to trigger the facial recognition system

The console supports multiple users, but it also allows for guest log-ins. These temporary profiles grant access to the visiting user’s PSN content and details, but deletes everything after they log out.

Once you’re in and playing games, you can easily switch between the game you have on the go and other apps – say, the browser to check a guide, or a chat program – using the home button on the DualShock 4: a double press takes you to the last opened app.

As previously detailed, chat and messaging is cross-platform between PS4 and Vita, as well as smartphones and tablets with the PlayStation app installed. Party chat supports up to eight users. When using text chat, the on-screen keyboard can be triggered via thumbsticks or D-pad, or you can use DualShock 4′s motion sensors with the PlayStation Camera in what sounds like a Swiftkey style input system.

Trophies have been overhauled, giving them a rarity value, so if you have a common platinum it might not be worth as much as a rare gold or silver, in terms of bragging rights. PS3 and Vita trophies are included in your PSN profile.

Sony hasn’t enforced a limit when streaming to Twitch, so you can broadcast right from your console to your heart’s content. The PS4 automatically maintains a 15 minute buffer of recorded gameplay, incase you do something you want to share while you’re not actively streaming or recording.

Sharing content is made easier through distribution lists and social media integration. When you add a new friend to your 2,000 strong list, you can choose whether to show them your real name or just your PSN ID.

When downloading from the PlayStation Store, some games will support a choice of what content to grab first. For example, Call of Duty: Ghosts offers the choice of single-player or multiplayer content first.

Meanwhile, movies and music are entirely cloud based, so you won’t ever need to download them, or free up hard drive space.

Speaking of downloads, one menu option – off by default -allows users to download updates and content in standby mode, and to use the PlayStation App to wake the system remotely.

The PS4 launches in North America on November 15, and in Europe and beyond on November 29.

More information here http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/12/playstation-4s-interface-and-features-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Headshot wrote: »
    Any other games coming out soon after launch that look good?

Infamous: Second Son is the game I'm most looking forward to out of all the upcoming next-gen games. Due out in Feb I believe.

Regarding the new install system, that all sounds great for games like Knack and Killzone, but for games like GTA it would almost be impossible to install while playing.

PS4 most powerful console created, learned from PS3′s “rough patch” – Cerny
    Speaking with Polygon at the event, “PlayStation 2 went very well. I mean we were … our market share was 75% maybe, and then PlayStation 3 really hit a rough patch and a lot of that had to do with – on the consumer side – of the console being so expensive. So we had this goal with PlayStation 4 that we’d be a much more affordable console than PlayStation 3.

“But on the developer side, PlayStation 3 had a reputation for being very hard to work with. I mean I knew that, I worked on a launch title, and so we wanted to make sure that PlayStation 4 would be smooth sailing, that it would be the sort of thing where you wouldn’t have to learn every detail of the hardware, in order to make a game. That it could be much more about the vision of the director of the title.”

When asked if shifting to a common architecture to PC and Xbox One would take some of Sony’s power away, Cerny replied, “PlayStation 4 is the most powerful video game console ever created, so I think we’ve managed to find that middle ground between the power and that accessibility.”

Elsewhere, Cerny stressed that a paradigm of gaming has shifted, and that players now have a six-month to a year relationship with titles through DLC and other means. He also teased a “tremendous evolution” in PlayStation 4 across the incoming cycle.

Good news for the Vita http://ie.ign.com/videos/2013/11/11/ps4-remote-play-hands-on-impressions

They say developers said coding for Remote Play is super easy. BF4 had issues, though. I hope it's down to the developer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Remote Play is going to be great especially with long winter nights and the tv been hogged by others

Here's how we'll play, pay, talk and more with the PS4, another in dept article this time by Polygon.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/12/5094136/heres-how-well-play-pay-talk-and-more-with-the-ps4

lertsnim wrote: »
    Remote Play is going to be great especially with long winter nights and the tv been hogged by others

I can see myself playing all the important stuff in asscred black flag on my tv and when herself wants to watch netflix I can do all the treasure hunting/sidequests on my vita in bed :D Next gen is truly here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

From IGN
    A lot of you have been asking about when our PlayStation 4 game reviews go live, and thankfully, we can now tell you. On Wednesday, November 13th at 6am PT (Wednesday, November 13th 2pm GMT/Thursday, November 14th 1am AEDT) IGN will launch a litany of PlayStation 4 reviews for your consumption. Yes, it’s true that some PS4 reviews have already gone live -- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and Call of Duty: Ghosts come to mind -- but on that date at that time, we’ll finally get to talk about Sony’s first party, exclusive offerings, and scattered other games. So tune in for our full reviews for Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, Resogun, Contrast, Sound Shapes, Flower, and more.

We’ll also have a bunch of new videos and features beginning on Wednesday, including information on how to swap out your PS4 hard drive, how to use Remote Play with PlayStation Vita, and even a bit about Trophies, the new PS4 UI, and much more, culminating with our full review of the console. Oh, and we’re going to have a PlayStation 4 live stream this Wednesday, too. More on that soon!

suckerpunchousdz.png

Infamous demo?

Sweet jesus yes!

Bastards

3og1kFE.png

A demo would have been sweet. The game looks unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am not racist, but currently I hate Yanks more and more with each day! :pac:

Xenji wrote: »
    Bastards

3og1kFE.png

george-michael-snoopy-walk.gif

• Advertisement

For anyone out there who likes to put up videos on sites like Youtube or Twitch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Are there any PS4 launch titles that don't have any downloadable content or is there any way to check? I am looking at buying games from Amazon.com but I'd prefer not to have to mess around with accounts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Infamous : Second Son Hands-On

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Deedsie wrote: »
    Are there any PS4 launch titles that don't have any downloadable content or is there any way to check? I am looking at buying games from Amazon.com but I'd prefer not to have to mess around with accounts etc

There is no "messing" with accounts.
    Everyone should have as a minimum an Irish, US, UK, Hong Kong and Japanese accounts to take advantage of discounts/quirky games not available in every region.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,022 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New Killzone Shadow Fall Launch Trailer and tech Trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Can you use your normal visa card and address on Amazon.com does anyone know?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Everyone should have as a minimum an Irish, US, UK, Hong Kong and Japanese accounts to take advantage of discounts/quirky games not available in every region.

Yeah, most people aren't going to be arsed with that, me included!

Can you use your normal visa card and address on Amazon.com does anyone know?

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Deedsie wrote: »

I stand to be corrected on this but I don't think you can be sure there won't be any DLC for any full retail game anymore.
    F1ngers wrote: »

Edit: What Grayditch said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Any word on Ps4 games and Online passes so far? Did any of publishers decided to show finger to gamers after all?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement