Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Grayditch wrote: »
    "The biggest surprise for us all internally at Sony was; there were so many people who passionately reacted to our announcement that there's no MP3 support and DLNA support on day one," said Yoshida.

Then there are some deluded people at Sony.

Thats a bit unfair, as he said nobody ever talks about those features so they didn't realise it was so popular, also im sure its on their list of priorities ( maybe last :P ) and they focused on getting more system/game centric features ready for launch, totally understandable for me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CombatCow wrote: »
    It's well documented online that there is a speed bump installing a faster hard drive in the ps3, mostly it affects install times and granted its not huge but there is a difference: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/7200rpm-vs-5400rpm-HDD-for-the-PS3/td-p/14888551

I think for the minimal increase in speed, it is not worth the extra heat generated. Size is more important than speed IMO...
    (that's what she said)
    "The biggest surprise for us all internally at Sony was; there were so many people who passionately reacted to our announcement that there's no MP3 support and DLNA support on day one," said Yoshida.

Then there are some deluded people at Sony.

I can understand the lack of MP3 support, in so far as I never used it or know anyone who used it regularly. The DLNA support should definitely have been included day-one though.

Otacon wrote: »
    I think for the minimal increase in speed, it is not worth the extra heat generated. Size is more important than speed IMO...
    (that's what she said)

:p Yeah well id be lookin for speed over size personally, the heat difference between a 5400 and 7200 is negligible and iv never seen somebody having overheating issues directly linked to installing a 7200. Each to their own and all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

CombatCow wrote: »
    Thats a bit unfair, as he said nobody ever talks about those features so they didn't realise it was so popular, also im sure its on their list of priorities ( maybe last ) and they focused on getting more system/game centric features ready for launch, totally understandable for me really.

It can't play a cd, like! How hard is it for Sony to just add cd support. Must be me that's deluded.
    NTMK wrote: »
    youre only figuring that out now? the PS3 was one of the biggest examples of how deluded sony are

I'm not sure what that means. The console as a whole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

i would prefer the console be working 100% on launch then to have MP3 and DLNA support. Its a gaming console for me primarily lets get the games down then focus on the other bits and bobs. PS3 didn't have it a launch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

DrMorphine wrote: »
    You definitely will be able to

Hi DrMorphine,
    Do you have a link on how to do this. I have tried before and have had no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

padair wrote: »
    Hi DrMorphine,
    Do you have a link on how to do this. I have tried before and have had no luck.

Sorry I haven't done it before and don't know of any guides but I just know that type of functionality will be there. Someone else here might have experience with it? Anyone?

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't done it before and don't know of any guides but I just know that type of functionality will be there. Someone else here might have experience with it? Anyone?

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectadvance.html, it is in the network settings tab.

Google American DNS settings for PS3 and start entering them, alot of them dont work but give it a go you will find some that do eventually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I'm not sure what that means. The console as a whole?

aspects of it.
    initial price,
    a quite under developed architecture (Cell),
    ram setup,
    having linux support then removing it (having it in the first place comprimised the security of the console and taking it away killed any chance of cell becoming a mainstream architecture),
    ignoring issues with PSN security before the attack,
    ignoring fairly massive manufacturing faults (not as many as the 360 mind)
    not giving intial 3rd party developers a lot help with dev tools and low level console access

they fixed a lot of these issues since but my god they made some piss poor choices and expected everyone to deal with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Adam Boyes has said there's some news coming in a couple hours, around noon our time, suggests it could be Europe related news as it's too early in the morning to be really US related I think. Sony Santa Monica replied to the tweet saying everyone should follow him. Couple of journalists have been talking about big news bombs dropping today.
    Adam Boyes @amboyes
    Follow
    In 6.5 hours, we've got some news to share. Stay tuned.
    6:03 AM - 13 Nov 2013 from Manhattan, NY, United States

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Been playing with the app there, sent off a few PSN messages but haven't use the voice message function yet.

The app seem good.

When you use the store it just brings you to the web store in you default browser but it also signs you in so there's that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Adam Boyes has said there's some news coming in a couple hours, around noon our time, suggests it could be Europe related news as it's too early in the morning to be really US related I think. Sony Santa Monica replied to the tweet saying everyone should follow him. Couple of journalists have been talking about big news bombs dropping today.

Project_Trico.jpg

BELIEVE!

1.50 update is here already if you want to go down the installing via usb route: http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gamestop still have The Last Guardian on their trade in list...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Some people are speculating they're moving the EU release forward but I think that's wishful thinking more than anything. Can't see them changing it as the Nov 29 date has been marketted it all over the place and would piss off retailers too I'd imagine. Will be interesting to see what it is. Will probably turn out to be something relatively small, just the hype has kept building.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Some people are speculating they're moving the EU release forward but I think that's wishful thinking more than anything. Can't see them changing it as the Nov 29 date has been marketted it all over the place and would piss off retailers too I'd imagine. Will be interesting to see what it is. Will probably turn out to be something relatively small, just the hype has kept building.

Sony are so happy with the US launch that they're bringing the EU release forward a week, and to the same day as the ONE.

I could see retailers going mental over that, but it's only a rumour of course.

No way in hell would that happen with all the marketing put behind the 29'th

would be awesome but highly doubt it, although you never know. Imagine the pain Gamestop employees would have to go through with 2 console launches on the same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Otacon wrote: »
    Project_Trico.jpg

BELIEVE!

Why would you even bring it up? Is it just to break all of our hearts again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I slept long today and now struggle to keep up with all news ..

On Friday I have to be up early

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Adam Boyes ‏@amboyes 9m If you live near NYC, come to The Standard Hotel today! You can play the PS4, meet team PlayStation, and BUY A PS4! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/13/nyc-new-ps4s-on-sale-just-for-you/ …

:(

ah balls, so they can buy it 2 days early in NYC. grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

And there you go... The Last Guardian hurts me again.

I think I may go play SOTC before the PS4 launches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

mozattack wrote: »
    Hello there;

I will have the choice of swapping a PS3 disk for a PS4 disk or upgrading digitally (where I think you keep the PS3 disk and run that in the PS4).

Which method is best?

I wont be selling the game so I dont need a physical disk for that reason.

Assistance/opinion appreciated.

Sad me, no takers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

tok9 wrote: »
    And there you go... The Last Guardian hurts me again.

I think I may go play SOTC before the PS4 launches.

I started playing Spec Ops The Line, it's actually quite good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I started playing Spec Ops The Line, it's actually quite good!

Its more then good, one of the best single player games I played in a good few years. Very emotional and lets you discover a few things about yourself
    By the looks of it, I would have no problem to open fire on to unarmed mob to save my friend

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement