Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CombatCow wrote: »
    1.50 update is here already if you want to go down the installing via usb route: http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/index.htm

Which, as someone said before, is probably the best option since you can imagine the load on the servers on launch day with everyone trying to download it at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Its more then good, one of the best single player games I played in a good few years. Very emotional and lets you discover a few things about yourself
    By the looks of it, I would have no problem to open fire on to unarmed mob to save my friend

lol you can be my wingman anytime!

Oh and another thing I see Blizzard are now adding Remote Play to Diablo 3 after saying they would not. Still a wait though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

IGN PS4 reviews in 15mins, im guessing a 10 for Knack :P

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

CombatCow wrote: »
    IGN PS4 reviews in 15mins, im guessing a 10 for Knack :P

Can't wait to read all the reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm going to try and avoid reviews & such until I get my grubby hands on my ps4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

srumball wrote: »
    ah balls, so they can buy it 2 days early in NYC. grrrr

Sony making hundreds of additional units available for purchase starting at 12:01 on November 15 at New York City hotel.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/444-more-playstation-4-systems-available-in-nyc/1100-6416149/

its not 2 days early

And I've failed. Watching Rev3Games First Impressions :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

198321 wrote: »
    Sony making hundreds of additional units available for purchase starting at 12:01 on November 15 at New York City hotel.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/444-more-playstation-4-systems-available-in-nyc/1100-6416149/

its not 2 days early

ah the tweet was a bit misleading so

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Knack got 5.9 on ign oops might be cancelling that 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Eurogamer's PS4 reviews

Lol at Knack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

lol

Can't view gaming websites from this PC. What score did Eurogamer give Knack?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

e_e wrote: »
    lol

Can't view gaming websites from this PC. What score did Eurogamer give Knack?
    4/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Damn, was looking forward to it too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Poor Knack, oh well that is my sisters present sorted, will just give the one I have payed off to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

told you so (about Knack) haha ..

I don't have to cancel as I would never even preorder :D

Knack isn't the kind of game you'll want to take home with your PlayStation 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,504 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

And apparently Killzone is a big old mediocrity.

A mediocre Killzone? Who would have thought it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Gamespot doing a 6 hour or so stream on the PS4 now

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/playstation-4-hands-on-and-q-a/2300-6416086/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

And apparently Killzone is a big old mediocrity.

A mediocre Killzone? Who would have thought it?!

I'd be surprised for a start. As would a lot of people, I'd venture...

Killzone 2
    Killzone 3

Not that reviews are the be-all and end all, but yeah. I think they're great. And I ain't alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

**** **** ****, misses just called. She was on break and she sow some weird activity across the road in gamestop. She said it looks llike they are putting up a demo model!!!! I am going to check it out asap!

By abandoning experience-driven level progression for a new multiplayer metagame surrounding Challenges, Killzone becomes more about the application of skill than the unlocking of stronger, newer, and better loadouts

This makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd be surprised for a start. As would a lot of people, I'd venture...

Killzone 2
    Killzone 3

Not that reviews are the be-all and end all, but yeah. I think they're great. And I ain't alone.

Killzone on vita is a very good game.

I'm still looking forward to playing Shadow Fall. Reviews are pretty much as I expected.

Disappointed to see the Knack reviews though, whatever interest I had in it is now gone

tok9 wrote: »
    Killzone on vita is a very good game.

I'm still looking forward to playing Shadow Fall. Reviews are pretty much as I expected.

Disappointed to see the Knack reviews though, whatever interest I had in it is now gone

PSP Killzone was great too. I said it before, I just have a weird feeling Knack isn't going to be great. I didn't get anything from the videos, really, but I'll still try and give it a go. It might be something I'd enjoy, but I'd rather give it a go before I bought it.

EDIT: Just seeing all the reviews now. Slated, so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Grayditch wrote: »
    PSP Killzone was great too. I said it before, I just have a weird feeling Knack isn't going to be great. I didn't get anything from the videos, really, but I'll still try and give it a go. It might be something I'd enjoy, but I'd rather give it a go before I bought it.

i found Knack fairly meh when i played it last week its felt to me like an expensive tech demo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am happy with the Killzone reviews. Its good but not great.

Knack I saw coming but I hoped it would surprise people with good scores.

Resogun is also good getting good scores and it is free.

Contrast going fair and free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Knack will be on PS+ in a couple of months I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yup! Playing knack! Be right be lads!

DSC_0163_zpsb1edc95b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Polygon reviews the PS4 console. 7.5/10

"But the PlayStation 4's focus on gaming — and only gaming — is undermined by a distinct lack of compelling software"

Hardware review...based on software. Nice!

• Advertisement

I've no interest in reading a day one review of either console, I don't think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement