Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

eddhorse wrote: »

3 supposed failures out of 4000 Taco Bell ps4's. Pre-order cancelled !!!!!!!!11111

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Are the PS4's made of the Taco shell itself? That could be quite tasty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

how can they call it next generation if the ps3 was out in the same generation.

marketing gone mad. not getting my dollas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Your post makes no sense. You patch to fix bugs.

I said the problem may not be a bug it may be a limitation.

The wobble looks horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

aindriu80 wrote: »

Unless your pressing down on the console you will not notice it, doubt most people would of even experienced it if people were not making a big deal of it, will probably be the first thing I do now, wobbling it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

sea_monkey wrote: »
    how can they call it next generation if the ps3 was out in the same generation.

marketing gone mad. not getting my dollas

I think the problem lies more with how you define a console generation. On the surface the only difference between the ps3 and 4 would seem to be a hardware refresh, so you could say they are part of the same generation,but would you say the same about the ps3 and the ps2, given that the ps3 released when the latter was still in production?

if the ps4 has more pre-orders than units dose that mean the ps4 knows the future

Jaden.jpg

In fairness to the Taco Bell customers, they did remove the shell and lettuce see the beefed up hardware for ourselves. I can understand them being a bit cheesed off with the broken ones, though. That's when things get messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

aindriu80 wrote: »

The gap is minor, it is 8 postit notes big. I plan on placing my PS3 slim on top that will keep ot stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

The fact you can't play ps3 games on ps4 is a deal breaker for me... A crazy decision on playstations behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

keano25 wrote: »
    The fact you can't play ps3 games on ps4 is a deal breaker for me... A crazy decision on playstations behalf.

Why don't people like.... Keep their Ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Grand. But would you be willing to pay €100+ Extra to include the chips necessary to do it?

Backwards compatibility is a good thing only at the start of the next gen I think. By the end of it very few people will use it. It's why I'm hanging into my ps3

Did you have a launch PS3, if not the PS3 after that did not have backwards compatibility either, i have never sold any console I have owned, so it never bothered me.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Why don't people like.... Keep their Ps3?

Hence the fact I said deal breaker for me, that's what I'll be doing.

Okay. So where is the problem? :D

Xenji wrote: »
    Did you have a launch PS3, if not the PS3 after that did not have backwards compatibility either, i have never sold any console I have owned, so it never bothered me.

I do. Have it since 07 and still going like a clock! Have a lash of ps1 and 2 games to go with it !

Only thing it ever got was a hard drive!

Okay. So where is the problem? :D

That they didn't include backwards compatibility :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

He meant keep your PS3 while getting your PS4, thus not breaking any deals.

I do. Have it since 07 and still going like a clock! Have a lash of ps1 and 2 games to go with it !

Only thing it ever got was a hard drive!
    He meant keep your PS3 while getting your PS4, thus not breaking any deals.

You'll get very little trade in value from an 07 PS3 even if they were backward compatible so you're best holding on to the PS3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

You'll get very little trade in value from an 07 PS3 even if they were backward compatible so you're best holding on to the PS3 :)

The Phat 60gb in good condition is more valuable then super duper brand new Slim one. I still got my launch one and I love it. Upgraded to 500gb hdd and no I got ultimate ps3!
    I did not needed to settle down for ****ier HD remakes of Silent hill 2 and 3. I just bought the real deal and played it on my ps3! :D

I'm just going to give my Ma the PS3 when I'm done with it. "Here Ma, here's a BluRay player. And this is a copy of Dark Souls"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Really hope the taco bell console failure stories are fake tbh. Having experienced ylod and rrod it is not something i wanna worry about with ps4 or xbox one. For all our sakes lets hope ms and sony learned from previous mistakes..

I still think those stories are lies tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really really like the NFS Rivals so far. For 65eu its definitely better then Knack!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/uskg3p/need-for-speed-rivals-field-report

Poor aul Xenji is going to have sore fingers if he has to explain the Taco Bell thing again. I might get a few more puns in, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

This is the guy who reviewed Killzone for Polygon, commenting before it was revealed the night of the PS4 event in NY.
    Really hope the taco bell console failure stories are fake tbh. Having experienced ylod and rrod it is not something i wanna worry about with ps4 or xbox one. For all our sakes lets hope ms and sony learned from previous mistakes..

I still think those stories are lies tbh...

Don't think they are. One of the guys who got one from Taco Bell was streaming on twitch and the problems looked real to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

That they didn't include backwards compatibility :)
    It would of been very hard for Sony to include ps3 BC into the ps4 due to cost and the fact that the ps4 uses a completely different architecture.

To include backwards compatibility for all previous playstation consoles would of been nearly impossible and unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I really really like the NFS Rivals so far. For 65eu its definitely better then Knack!

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/uskg3p/need-for-speed-rivals-field-report

Looks good but I only like the Criterion NFS games.

Oat23 wrote: »
    This is the guy who reviewed Killzone for Polygon, commenting before it was revealed the night of the PS4 event in NY.

Oh, wow. Professional!

• Advertisement

I posted the first one in the wrong thread :( Anyway I would chalk it up to a update issue, it is what the gaffers are saying as well, they gave out 4000 consoles and if only two are faulty I doubt we need to panic, I do not want to see either console having failure issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement