Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Xenji wrote: »
    I posted the first one in the wrong thread :( Anyway I would chalk it up to a update issue, it is what the gaffers are saying as well, they gave out 4000 consoles and if only two are faulty I doubt we need to panic, I do not want to see either console having failure issues.
    seems to be a couple in the thread in Neogaf now which is worrying though they all got it from the same store maybe a bad batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lucreto wrote: »
    Looks good but I only like the Criterion NFS games.

The last one "Most Wanted" was by them? I got it on Ps+ and god it is bad! Cars feel like Shopping Trolleys with a ton of bricks in them. Each car got its own races and you need to redo all the upgrades by driving same races again and again.
    I am so glad I never actually bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not buying another Need for Speed until the bast*rds give us Underground 3! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The last one "Most Wanted" was by them? I got it on Ps+ and god it is bad! Cars feel like Shopping Trolleys with a ton of bricks in them. Each car got its own races and you need to redo all the upgrades by driving same races again and again.
    I am so glad I never actually bought it.

Really you think so. It might have been just me. I just finished GTA IV and it felt like another world.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lucreto wrote: »
    Really you think so. It might have been just me. I just finished GTA IV and it felt like another world.

In fairness, I have not played any NFS game since Original Most wanted. I loved Underground 1 and 2 too. Fantastic games. So it was first proper NFS since then. I REALLY did not liked it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

In fairness, I have not played any NFS game since Original Most wanted. I loved Underground 1 and 2 too. Fantastic games. So it was first proper NFS since then. I REALLY did not liked it. :(

I like the Burnout series. Pity there was only one this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I posted the first one in the wrong thread :( Anyway I would chalk it up to a update issue, it is what the gaffers are saying as well, they gave out 4000 consoles and if only two are faulty I doubt we need to panic, I do not want to see either console having failure issues.

There's more than 2 ps4's with the problem and there's a guy on twitch.tv right now that's been trying to fix his ps4 for a while. Not looking great tbh

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

whatever you do, don't jump the gun or anything :P

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

The guy on twitch took out the hard drive, put it back in and it is now working

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Where can you watch a stream for event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

7 systems now, including one of IGN's, Neogaf are not making a big deal about it, they reckon the first Taco Bell one to fail was the fellas own fault and he might of done it on purpose, still looks like a update issue, it is what messed up IGN's version.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems
    Meanwhile, IGN experienced the same issue, but it happened after the console was already working. It may not have contributed to the issue, but ours stopped working the morning after we updated to version 1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

7 systems now, including one of IGN's, Neogaf are not making a big deal about it, they reckon the first Taco Bell one to fail was the fellas own fault and he might of done it on purpose, still looks like a update issue, it is what messed up IGN's version.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

Yeah there are a lot of questions around the neogaf ones. I'd like to see the failure rate of a million or so consoles in the wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Watching some Knack gameplay on twitch and it seems a bit better than the 4 or 5 out of 10 it has been getting. The guy playing it said the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I'm not sure it was reviewed for what it is, in a lot of cases. Such conflicting reports!

If anyone is looking for past Twitch streams, this guy have archived all the ones he did yesterday, he has one for nearly every game and ones for the UI as well, well worth a look if your bored or undecided about games.

http://www.twitch.tv/jed05/profile/pastBroadcasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

What is going on? It's all over the net about bricking PS4's!!! Stunt?

hallo dare wrote: »
    What is going on? It's all over the net about bricking PS4's!!! Stunt?

It has only been a handful of consoles, the first person to have made the claim seems to have done it himself for some publicity, not sure why the big deal when thousands are out already and only 7 have been confirmed to have issues, 4 under suspicious circumstances.

You had over 2000 consoles from Taco bell and only 2 have had problems and one of the fellas bricked his himself.

He sounds destroyed by the time he's playing Warframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Apparently you need to remove the HDD, boot to safe mode, power off, reinstall HDD, boot to safe mode and update and it fixes some of the issues. Maybe something up with the boot loader in the old firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I'm avoiding reviews like the plague.

They are very rarely objective and quite often sensationalist bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Happy now that the West got the first release so the problems should be hopefully sorted with a firmware update by the time we get our grubby mits on it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I'm avoiding reviews like the plague.

They are very rarely objective.
    Reviews of hardware should be objective yeah.

But reviews of the games themselves have to be subjective imo. The problem with gaming journalism is this lazy "Does the job, 9/10" method of reviewing that ranks generic and dull games higher than ones trying something new. I wish more gaming critics would be honest in their response instead of viewing everything like it's patio furniture, as if personal opinion doesn't matter and everything has one simplistic goal to it.

It is a pretty bad representation of game reviewers when on Metacritic CoD Ghosts has scored higher than Killzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

hallo dare wrote: »
    Happy now that the West got the first release so the problems should be hopefully sorted with a firmware update by the time we get our grubby mits on it!! :D
    I hope you are right but I think Ign's console had more than a firmware issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Ok. So i decided long and hard not to get knack now. I'd like to see it being played more or i want to play a demo before spending a lot of money! Also have a strong feeling that it'll be a PS4 PS+ title very soon.. Decided to get Need for Speed instead now!

Klair88 wrote: »
    Ok. So i decided long and hard not to get knack now. I'd like to see it being played more or i want to play a demo before spending a lot of money! Also have a strong feeling that it'll be a PS4 PS+ title very soon.. Decided to get Need for Speed instead now!

An hour of Knack gameplay here, ignore that it says Super Motherload

http://www.twitch.tv/jed05/b/479505826

It is possible that Demon Souls 2 for the PS4 may be announced tomorrow at the all access event.
    Demon’s Souls 2 PS4 reveal suggested by Driveclub delay leaker – rumour

Demon’s Souls 2 for PS4 has been touted by the same source that accurately leaked the Driveclub delay. It’s simply a rumour at this point, but judge for yourself here.

Now, NeoGAF member famousmortimer – the same chap that correctly leaked the Driveclub delay a month back – had this to say about the event, and a possible Demon’s Souls 2 announcement:

“It’s been months and at that point I had no goddamn idea what the “launch event” even was. But at that time I was told “They are thinking about showing the Demon’s Souls spiritual successor” there.

“Now many people here have been calling it Demon’s Souls 2… it might be. I’m just passing on what was said. Also, at that point there were arguments about whether it was going to be shown at gamescom or TGS and then someone decided it would be shown at this.

“Months have passed. They may have chosen a different game. I have no clue. I’m just sharing what I’ve been told, WHICH IS OLD Info, so don’t kill the messenger if i’m wrong.

“There’s things I’m certain about. This isn’t one of them.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/14/demons-souls-2-ps4-reveal-suggested-by-driveclub-delay-leaker-rumour/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Not too sure how I feel about the Demons Souls 2 rumour.
    The main creative team behind Demons Souls are working on Dark Souls 2.
    I'd be far more excited if Dark Souls 2 was coming to the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

An hour of Knack gameplay here, ignore that it says Super Motherload

http://www.twitch.tv/jed05/b/479505826

Thanks man.

URGH! I am so conflicted now. Stupid 1st world problems. I NEVER listen to reviews, or let them change my purchase decisions but some of my hype for knack is gone now.. not enough to justify a day 1 €65 buy for me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm gonna go with Assassin's Creed instead of Knack, to be on the safe side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement