Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This is some disappointing news for anyone hoping to stack PS4 games before getting a PS4 if true. I know one person asked in here about it.
    Posted on 13 November, 2013 at 1:11 pm by eddibhoy
    I won’t be buying a ps4 until next year. Can I add the ps4 games to my download list so they can be downloaded once I own a ps4?

Posted on 13 November, 2013 at 4:20 pm by Chris Howe
    No PS4 games will only show up on the PS4 Store

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

tok9 wrote: »
    This is some disappointing news for anyone hoping to stack PS4 games before getting a PS4 if true. I know one person asked in here about it.

Maybe the webstore or the new PS App will allow you too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Do Taco Bell sell PS4's or am I missing something here?

The new Playstation app is great. Big improvement over its predecessor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

lertsnim wrote: »
    Do Taco Bell sell PS4's or am I missing something here?

It was part of a promotion.
    To enter for a chance to win, customers can buy a Taco Bell $5 Buck Box (which includes a Crunchwrap Supreme, a Burrito Supreme, a Crunchy Taco and medium drink) and then text in the unique code provided on the box. One prize pack, featuring a PS4, a copy of Knack, and a one-year membership to PlayStation Plus, will be awarded every 15 minutes throughout the promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Dont know if this has been posted before, but I am considering getting the camera now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Has anyone asked the important question yet: Will there be an updated Singstar app on the new menu? Until there is, then I refuse to buy a PS4

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Has anyone asked the important question yet: Will there be an updated Singstar app on the new menu? Until there is, then I refuse to buy a PS4

:p

Amazingly enough I still haven't bought Singstar for the Playstation 3. Proof that their spam isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I tried downloading and installing it at the weekend (it's free), then uninstalled it to see if it would remove it from the XMB, but it stayed there

7th of February supposedly

infamous_second_son_ps4_console_bundle.jpg

It is listed for a February 7th release, and it comes with a PS4, DualShock 4 controller and a copy of the game.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/14/infamous-second-son-ps4-console-bundle-outed-for-feb-7-launch-packshot-inside/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Very tempted to wait for this. There is nothing in the current line up that interests me, well except for maybe AC4.

Xenji wrote: »

It is listed for a February 7th release, and it comes with a PS4, DualShock 4 controller and a copy of the game.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/14/infamous-second-son-ps4-console-bundle-outed-for-feb-7-launch-packshot-inside/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Curse my impatience.

I'd love to be getting that but I can't be waiting 3 months :pac:

Kotaku found out it is a problem with the HDMI port that caused their system to break and it is manufactured by the same company who made the XB1 HMDI port Foxconn, if they are universal ports both may have issues, still probably a very isolated issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Kinda shocked at the lack of bundle offers everywhere. Times on my side in that I'm in no rush, but at this stage could hold our until February or March until some decent offers come along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Oat23 wrote: »
    This is the guy who reviewed Killzone for Polygon, commenting before it was revealed the night of the PS4 event in NY.

Well, Polygon WAS setup with Microsoft's money...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Klair88 wrote: »
    Ok. So i decided long and hard not to get knack now. I'd like to see it being played more or i want to play a demo before spending a lot of money! Also have a strong feeling that it'll be a PS4 PS+ title very soon.. Decided to get Need for Speed instead now!

It won't appear on PS+ if it doesn't have a Metacritic score over 70.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

TheDoc wrote: »
    Kinda shocked at the lack of bundle offers everywhere. Times on my side in that I'm in no rush, but at this stage could hold our until February or March until some decent offers come along.

I thought bundles are supposed to support and increase sales. I don't think PS4 (or xbox one) need that right now .. since both are sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

tok9 wrote: »

That is some scam, so they allow it with Vita games because it wasnt selling as well as they hoped but dont allow it with PS4 because they are selling well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mdwexford wrote: »
    That is some scam, so they allow it with Vita games because it wasnt selling as well as they hoped but dont allow it with PS4 because they are selling well.

It's hardly a scam. It's just not being all that sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I got a warning for trolling in saying that I was shocked that people were excited about Knack and now look! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Wish I could fastforward the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, srumball posted it a couple of pages back. I gotta say, it came off VERY well thanks to Fallon and Ice Tea being messers. I'd say afterwards, Sony were like... "That'll do!".

Great press.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The last 15 seconds of this is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's hardly a scam. It's just not being all that sound.

Thats what I mean obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I still haven't found out the price for PS4 games at XtraVision. Anyone any ideas of actual price here ? I might get some games off amazon.co.uk if there is a big price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Chavways wrote: »

Unbelievable.

Well, thats american casual Gamer bagged in and ready for wallet clean up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

aindriu80 wrote: »
    I still haven't found out the price for PS4 games at XtraVision. Anyone any ideas of actual price here ? I might get some games off amazon.co.uk if there is a big price difference.

Indication is Gamestop will be retailing titles at €70, Argos around the €65-70 mark.

I'll be going Amazon all the way, moved to them exclusively after HMV closed, and found them to be significantly cheaper. €34 for the latest Batman title on the PS3, no contest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

TheDoc wrote: »
    Indication is Gamestop will be retailing titles at €70, Argos around the €65-70 mark.

I'll be going Amazon all the way, moved to them exclusively after HMV closed, and found them to be significantly cheaper. €34 for the latest Batman title on the PS3, no contest

yeah there is quite a price difference.. the only thing is that I didn't want to wait too long for the games to arrive in the post. I might just pick up one game from XtraVision.. €65 - €70 is too much. They are around €56 and €58 on amazon.

Right so who is getting up at 4 AM to watch the PlayStation reveal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Right so who is getting up at 4 AM to watch the PlayStation reveal :pac:

Some of us have to work you mentalist :pac:

Already booked the 29th off :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement