Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Xenji wrote: »
    Right so who is getting up at 4 AM to watch the PlayStation reveal :pac:

You're going to bed? Lightweight!

But nah, I'll just read about it tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some of us have to work you mentalist :pac:

I have to be up for work at 8, but still might do it, probably will just it download after work and watch it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll be just getting home from work, so I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah i'll take a look at 4am too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No chance but I do look forward to hearing any announcements and new footage of MGS :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Work prevents me from staying up but ill be checking all the info out tomorrow anyway! Can't wait! 2 weeks left for us!

Very interested to hear about how the servers hold up and how smoothly this transition works! Still haven't seen much BF4 Multiplayer info.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Where can we watch a stream for the PS4 event

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Also working tomorrow :/ so will catch up tomorrow looking forward to all the announcements :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Where can we watch a stream for the PS4 event

Since it is a GTTV special I expect Gametrailers.com or the PlayStation Blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Can't stay up/get up either. I think I read it will be live on Gametrailers, so here's hoping they will make the whole event available to replay after it ends. Someone will probably have it on youtube soon after anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The PS4 advert for Europe.

They have the Skyrim Dragon in there as well. I wonder if that means anything. Skyrim PS4?

Edit: or Deep Down

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Lucreto wrote: »
    Since it is a GTTV special I expect Gametrailers.com or the PlayStation Blog.
    I actually stayed awake last night thinking that it was on last night :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

fast asleep....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This thread is moving fast so apologies if already posted but just saw that SOny confirms it is looking into a 'faulty HDMI' port issue on a small number of shipped units. This explains the other issues of some PS4's not showing any display.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/438181/early-reports-of-broken-ps4s-begin-to-surface/

SONY's Marketing is unbelievable. Compare Sony of 2006 to the present day. Makes me proud tbh. I truly believe Greatness Awaits us all!

BZC0cGCIIAAjbWb.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

wow..thats amazing! where is that?

do you know when that european ps4 ad will be on tv? shall get the excitement going overdrive when its on tv :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is anyone here interested in the extra social features of the PS4? Will you be sticking with your PSN ID or using your real name?

I want to use my real name when I get it. It makes sense to do that with people I know. Only problem is I don't have a Facebook account so I won't have that option.

I haven't seen much about Twitter integration on the PS4. I assume there is something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Is anyone here interested in the extra social features of the PS4? Will you be sticking with your PSN ID or using your real name?

I want to use my real name when I get it. It makes sense to do that with people I know. Only problem is I don't have a Facebook account so I won't have that option.

I haven't seen much about Twitter integration on the PS4. I assume there is something there.

Hell no I don't want my real name attached to it at all. Not storing my CC details with SONY either after the last time

Hopefully. I Despise Facebook but i love twitter! Lots of features will be added after launch i reckon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Only problem is I don't have a Facebook account so I won't have that option.

:confused:

Make an account, problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

F1ngers wrote: »
    :confused:

Make an account, problem solved.

confused.png

Maybe he doesn't want a facebook account.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

confused.png

Thats why you make a Facebook account with a name John Sirfecksalot and use it only for PS4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

confused.png

Well then it's not a problem - he stated it was a problem. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Thats why you make a Facebook account with a name John Sirfecksalot and use it only for PS4.

Sony will ban PSN id that break their TOS, and while it wasn't sony there was a kid a year or two ago who had his 360/account banned after setting his location as "Fort Gay" which was where he really lived.

I'd think it'll be a similar case with the PS4 and real names.

Killzone MP live stream on twitch http://www.twitch.tv/kewabu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

F1ngers wrote: »
    Well then it's not a problem - he stated it was a problem. :rolleyes:

I guess problem is the wrong word. I just don't want a Facebook account. I find it strange that Sony would restrict the feature in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Rumour going around that Sony will be announcing the return of an old franchise tonight - possibly Crash Bandicoot:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/11/14/sony-to-bring-back-an-old-franchise-tonight-possibly-crash-bandicoot/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Rumour going around that Sony will be announcing the return of an old franchise tonight - possibly Crash Bandicoot:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/11/14/sony-to-bring-back-an-old-franchise-tonight-possibly-crash-bandicoot/

That would be EPIC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Varik wrote: »
    Sony will ban PSN id that break their TOS, and while it wasn't sony there was a kid a year or two ago who had his 360/account banned after setting his location as "Fort Gay" which was where he really lived.

I'd think it'll be a similar case with the PS4 and real names.

Facebook wouldn't allow a woman in Limerick to set up a page for her local village called Effin. It was was branded ‘offensive’ by the social networking site.
    Don't know how Meanus faired which is also in Limerick :D.

• Advertisement

2013-11-1417_58_27-twkyc4i.png

Also
    Just heard Kevin Pereira on the DeathSquad podcast leak some info regarding one of the big surprises tonight. He said it has to do with bringing back one of the biggest Sony exclusives, and has to do with space...I'm drawing blanks, y'all have any ideas what the announcement could be?.

Can only think of Colony Wars or and I would be very happy it will be Zone of Enders 3, would tie in with the Kojima tweet.

Also do not be surprised if we get a new Parappa the Rapper, been a lot of talk about it today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement