Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Rumour going around that Sony will be announcing the return of an old franchise tonight - possibly Crash Bandicoot:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/11/14/sony-to-bring-back-an-old-franchise-tonight-possibly-crash-bandicoot/

Activision own that.

Would like another Jak game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MarkY91 wrote: »
    wow..thats amazing! where is that?

do you know when that european ps4 ad will be on tv? shall get the excitement going overdrive when its on tv :)

It is the OXO Tower in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

I wasn't going to, but I'm now going to go to the Dublin PS4 Rooms, most likely in 23rd. I had played ps4 at eurogamer expo but couldn't resist temptation at being able to get my hands on it again before launch, should tide me over till the 29th :)
    Does anyone here know what time they open & close at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This thread is moving fast so apologies if already posted but just saw that SOny confirms it is looking into a 'faulty HDMI' port issue on a small number of shipped units. This explains the other issues of some PS4's not showing any display.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/438181/early-reports-of-broken-ps4s-begin-to-surface/
    lets hope it's only a small batch that are faulty. The same was said about rrod and ylod at the beginning and look how big of an issue that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is anyone here interested in the extra social features of the PS4? Will you be sticking with your PSN ID or using your real name?

I want to use my real name when I get it. It makes sense to do that with people I know. Only problem is I don't have a Facebook account so I won't have that option.

I haven't seen much about Twitter integration on the PS4. I assume there is something there.

I wasnt sure so i created a new Facebook account for my gaming :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    lets hope it's only a small batch that are faulty. The same was said about rrod and ylod at the beginning and look how big of an issue that was.

In fairness, it's only a faulty hdmi port and in the grand scheme of things that's gonna be an easy fix (unlike the rrod)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    Can only think of Colony Wars or and I would be very happy it will be Zone of Enders 3, would tie in with the Kojima tweet.

Same, would love another Colony Wars, or G-Police or Decent. Didn't the last Dino Crisis end up in space?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Speaking of Kotaku and stupid people on the Internet, this is a genuine post from underneath one of their articles from today. I really wish I was making this up:

Next can we have a discussion about how the full PS4 experience costs ~$700 while the XBone costs ~$140 less?

PS4:
    - $399 (Console)
    - $199 (Vita - required for Remote Play)
    - $59 (Camera)
    - $50 (PS Plus Membership - required for MP)
    ———————————————————————
    $707

XBox One:
    - $499 (Console)
    - $59 (Live Membership - required for, well, a lot)
    ———————————————————————
    $558

So about a $149 difference - give or take.

How is remote play part of the full experience? It's an added benefit to those of us with a vita, the vita is a whole different console. So minus that $199 and PS4 still wins!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Shoulda know that once the americans got their hands on it, they'd shoot it with a really big gun!

WARNING: It is disturbing to watch, that poor console! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Advertisement

How is remote play part of the full experience? It's an added benefit to those of us with a vita, the vita is a whole different console. So minus that $199 and PS4 still wins!

Forgot the play and charge kit for the X1, that's another €25.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Klair88 wrote: »
    Shoulda know that once the americans got their hands on it, they'd shoot it with a really big gun!

This is why I get upset about Murica getting the PS4 first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

How'd he like a PS4 to the back of the skull!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

What a tool. Spoiled rich American tool. Idiots like that annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What a tool. Spoiled rich American tool. Idiots like that annoy me.

He was probably paid either by Sony to do so, or he gets enough revenue from ads to offset the cost. Either way, I'm pretty sure he had 2 bought/given to him.

He does it with all new tech, not sure how people get a kick out of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

the PS4 consoles in grafton street start on wednesday right?

i wonder if i go in, would i be wiating long for a shot of a kiosk :\? i want to bring my little cousin in too so i hope he is allowed to play

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Forgot the play and charge kit for the X1, that's another €25.:D

And depending on what product your using smart glass on that would bring the price way up . What's cheapest smart phone .tablet

At least add $250 plus the play and charge
    is way more expensive

And depending on what product your using smart glass on that would bring the price way up . What's cheapest smart phone .tablet

At least add $250 plus the play and charge
    is way more expensive

The PS4 has it's own version of smart glass too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Advertisement

New gameplay footage

Update on the 7 broken consoles from Sony
    A Sony representative has provided the following statement to IGN:

"A handful of people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems. This is within our expectations for a new product introduction, and the vast majority of PS4 feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and are on track for a great launch.

There have been several problems reported, which leads us to believe there isn’t a singular problem that could impact a broader percentage of systems. The number of affected systems represents less than .04% of shipped units to date, which is within our expectations for a new product introduction.

Pre4zcs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well that settles it. If Jimmy, Tweek and Craig are going for PS4 then that's the seal of approval

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well that settles it. If Jimmy, Tweek and Craig are going for PS4 then that's the seal of approval

Butters_bb8756_879571.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-14-trine-2-complete-story-is-now-a-ps4-launch-title

Trine 2 is a launch title in USA and Europe, they kept that quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did not realised new episode is out! BRB! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

CombatCow wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-14-trine-2-complete-story-is-now-a-ps4-launch-title

looks better than knack :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Trine 2 is fantastic. They gave it away on PsPlus one month.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

CombatCow wrote: »

That looks like a lot of fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

MarkY91 wrote: »
    wow..thats amazing! where is that?

do you know when that european ps4 ad will be on tv? shall get the excitement going overdrive when its on tv :)

Dunno if you got an answer here, it's in London.

Can't see it mentioned, maybe it has been, but there's some big PS4 related announcement from Kojima coming in approx. 7 hours. GAF are speculating a next-gen ZOE, which would be spectacular.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement