Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, that PS4 vs Xbox one episode is epic! :D I bet its going to be 2 or 3 parter too. GO ON PS4!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

From AstroGaming's Facebook
    Getting a space ready for your new PS4? Make sure you save room for your ASTRO Audio System. A50, A40, and A30 Audio Systems will all be compatible on day 1.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/14/5104004/ps4-usb-headset-compatibility-150-day-one-update

NapoleanDynamiteYES.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

That looks like a lot of fun

Yeah the PC version got great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I'm so ashamed of myself for not preordering the PS4, don't think I can wait till possibly after Christmas at the earliest :-( haha I can only imagine the excitement all you guys are going through, here's hoping something spectacular happens!! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maybe someone who has one paid off, but doesn't want it will sell it to you?!

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Maybe someone who has one paid off, but doesn't want it will sell it to you?!

Oh believe me I'll be asking everybody haha, and I'll be keeping the ear to the ground incase any shops are selling/get more stock in, chances are really small but it'll be worth a try :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I'm so ashamed of myself for not preordering the PS4, don't think I can wait till possibly after Christmas at the earliest :-( haha I can only imagine the excitement all you guys are going through, here's hoping something spectacular happens!! Haha

reserve with argos? tesco may have some
    littlewoods ireland
    harvey norman may still have some

theirs loads of options

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    reserve with argos? tesco may have some
    littlewoods ireland
    harvey norman may still have some

theirs loads of options

You can't reserve it with Argos unfortunately, will try Tesco and Harvey Norman but I work long hours so probably won't get to those shops on release day, unless I took the day off or got somebody to que up for me haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭theblaqueguy

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Oh believe me I'll be asking everybody haha, and I'll be keeping the ear to the ground incase any shops are selling/get more stock in, chances are really small but it'll be worth a try :-)

Maybe you could ask this guy for his ps4
    Hopefully you get it off him and then you can repair it

Another update lads

anyone looking to try out the ps4 before its launched in the EU

argos in the Illac and Jervis will be getting them "Kiosk?" stands, not sure if thats how you spell it

think the jervis is getting 2 and the illac is getting 2 in stores
    available to the public and staff(when on our breaks;))

were apparently getting them in sometime next week
    Not sure if this is for all other argos stores but for these two its a definite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Another update lads

anyone looking to try out the ps4 before its launched in the EU

argos in the Illac and Jervis will be getting them "Kiosk?" stands, not sure if thats how you spell it

think the jervis is getting 2 and the illac is getting 2 in stores
    available to the public and staff(when on our breaks;))

were apparently getting them in sometime next week
    Not sure if this is for all other argos stores but for these two its a definite

Not stopped you before.

I didn't think Argos would get kiosks. I think I'd rather try it in there than Gamestop. No idea why.

I didn't think Argos would get kiosks. I think I'd rather try it in there than Gamestop. No idea why.

Might be better in Argos, at least there they're kids being drag around by parents and not just standing hogging it.

Yeah, maybe that's what I'm thinking. Also, there will be room in Argos for a Kiosk that won't get messy, I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Didn't they have one of those stands at the liffey valley store already?

Varik wrote: »
    Not stopped you before.

What?
    Yeah, maybe that's what I'm thinking. Also, there will be room in Argos for a Kiosk that won't get messy, I'm sure.

It will be messy, managers believe it will up sales and fill the store:pac: expect a long line to use the thing, Heard a staff member will have to operate it too tell people to move on and let someone else have a go:pac: could be nice and quiet though during early morning weekdays
    hallo dare wrote: »
    Didn't they have one of those stands at the liffey valley store already?

Probably do, I only operate between the Jervis and Illac so I couldn't possible know, unless were talking stock/dates/allocations etc... in the dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

Varik wrote: »
    Might be better in Argos, at least there they're kids being drag around by parents and not just standing hogging it.

There one in the Argos in Liffey Valley the last week or so, I was playing it for half an hour last Saturday

Thanks for the info, I was in the ilac one today and they "updated" the ps4 area from last week, looking forward to them adding the kiosks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

http://www.twitch.tv/gameape2001

Shu Yoshida playing Knack

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So, Officially bastard Yanks got their PS4 today. :( 2 week countdown goes for us lads. Bollox to that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

DrMorphine wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/gameape2001

Shu Yoshida playing Knack

Thats pretty cool of the dude. The president of sony studios live streaming ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

The PS4 UI with Eric Lempel

So, Officially bastard Yanks got their PS4 today. :( 2 week countdown goes for us lads. Bollox to that. :(

It's not the 15th over there just yet, there's still time for Sony to say it was all a trick and Europe is getting it first.

****ing twitch won't let me comment without facebook set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Don't know if they've been posted or not, but here's two decent UI vids!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p32bxlX7w6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGepyGv8to&hd=1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Unchartered 4, woop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,406 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

new uncharted, no surprises there

Infamous second son on 21'st march 2014 and Destiny beta is coming to ps3/4 first early next year.

I thought Infamous Second Son was coming in February, but it can take all the time it needs, so as not to be a rushed game, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

How long do you get ps+ free for with a new console??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement