Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hohokum looks like a nice, bright, peaceful game to play in between all the murdering on the other games coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

How long do you get ps+ free for with a new console??

Not sure with the eu consoles maybe 14-30 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Congrats to the guys at Sony... the PS4 is obliterating the XBoxOne in sales atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

How long do you get ps+ free for with a new console??

14 day trial, mate

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Do European customers get one of these vouchers in the box?
    http://imgur.com/M9yaF99

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    Do European customers get one of these vouchers in the box?
    http://imgur.com/M9yaF99

As we're lumped with the uk I'm gonna guess with the eu stock and various currency's, it would be a pain for them to add those vouchers, so I'm guessing no. I hope I'm wrong tho..

Americans are paying about €297 for their PS4 and they get a ten dollar voucher!

Lucky bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was there not supposed to be some sort of Street Fighter related announcement? And I'm not basing it entirely on that teaser ad of Hadouken Cabs, there had been talk of an announcement for a few weeks if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was there not supposed to be some sort of Street Fighter related announcement? And I'm not basing it entirely on that teaser ad of Hadouken Cabs, there had been talk of an announcement for a few weeks if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Woke up and the first tweet on my timeline was that PS4s are in stock at Amazon.com. I bought one for some reason and it says it'll ship today and be here next week. With the import deposit pre-paid and global priority shipping (said "get it Tue 19th"), it works out around the same price as amazon.co.uk and I will probably get it earlier.

Now I also have that other amazon.co.uk order coming. Time to be someones hero and save Christmas by selling them my PS4 at cost for little Timmy.

I'm not bothered about it being Region 1 and not playing blu-rays from here. My movie collection is almost entirely digital and I am keeping my european PS3. I am planning on buying a lot more digital games this gen and I will be making a new US PSN account to buy games from.

Did I make the right decision? It's early, but I don't see any cons with this purchase to be honest.

• Advertisement

For 10 days. I dunno, maybe. Won't be problem selling the other one, just a bit of hassle, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

how does it affect you with playing ganes and dlc from here?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Grayditch wrote: »
    For 10 days. I dunno, maybe. Won't be problem selling the other one, just a bit of hassle, no?

I honestly don't know why I bothered ordering because I'm not at all worried about getting it early! I just did it since it was in stock. As you said, I'll get rid of the other one easy enough. Now that I am fully awake I remember someone I know mentioning that he couldn't get a pre-order anywhere so I will talk to him about it later. Another way to go about it would be to stick it on eBay at cost and then I could donate the profit to a charity. That sounds better actually..
    hallo dare wrote: »
    how does it affect you with playing ganes and dlc from here?

It won't at all, as I am buying digital games this gen from the US PSN store. Any other game I want I can order from videogamesplus and it will be cheaper than buying in a shop here.

Anyways, would it not work fine with DLC if I buy the game here and buy the DLC on my Irish PSN account? I think the DLC has to match the ID code thing on the side of the box, and has nothing to do with the console? Someone might clear that up for me.

The console is region free BTW, in case you didn't know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gobestbuyipad

I myself use a combination of Sony Playstation 3 and the P2P client Vuze in order to stream the occasional TV show and movie to my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Gers_punto

Amazon in us completely sold out already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

tok9 wrote: »
    This is some disappointing news for anyone hoping to stack PS4 games before getting a PS4 if true. I know one person asked in here about it.

While I cant say for definate that its not a bug I did purchase 3 PS4 free games tonight on my US account resogun/contrast and blacklight retribution from the store website. The dont show under the IGC section but if you browse the ps4 games section they show as free. Happy hunting. Off out in 10 mins to collect the beast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Is it possible to cross game chat on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Is it possible to cross game chat on the PS4?

Yes I think so once you have ps plus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

cross game chat is available for up to 8 players at a time on you friends list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Happy days, thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

GameStop in the Crescent SC have a demo model but it's not hooked up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

'PS4 launch stalls with PSN connection error 'NW-31453-6''

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/11/15/ps4-launch-stalls-with-psn-connection-error-nw-31453-6

Good of our Yankie cousins to Beta Test the PS4 for us

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-179.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

What are my options in terms of local multiplayer games at launch? I'm getting Need for Speed (which I presume has some kind of splitscreen?). What else is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Newaglish wrote: »
    What are my options in terms of local multiplayer games at launch? I'm getting Need for Speed (which I presume has some kind of splitscreen?). What else is there?

I Don't think the last one did unfortunately :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

jaffusmax wrote: »

Good of our Yankie cousins to Beta Test the PS4 for us

lol, that's what I think of all day/year one buyers...just getting the console ready so that when I buy it it works :pac:

If ever there was an argument to update the ps4 to 1.50 via a usb key then this is it. When psn is down on the 29'th over here i'll be glad to have it at hand.

lol, that's what I think of all day/year one buyers...just getting the console ready so that when I buy it it works :pac:

Had some issue early doors but all sorted now got online and seems fun for the moment. Loving the new controller.

CombatCow wrote: »
    If ever there was an argument to update the ps4 to 1.50 via a usb key then this is it. When psn is down on the 29'th over here i'll be glad to have it at hand.

I had it on a USB key but it never gave me the option to update with it. Just asked me if I wanted to update and once I clicked yes it downloaded and updated itself and it was very quick I'd say around 2 mins from yes to back on and updated.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Neogaf is down unsurprisingly, does anyone have a link to a full list off everything that was announced, besides Uncharted did they announce any new games?

• Advertisement

Infamous second son on 21'st march 2014 and Destiny beta is coming to ps3/4 first early next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement