Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Out of pure curiousity and genuine interest, what are you excited about come 29th Nov?

I honestly see nothing there (apart from 1 game!) which is in any way shape or form next gen. KZ looks pretty but it is a bog standard shooter.

I could understand the excitement for Watchdogs but that has been shelved.

Is it not going to be the mecca of anti-climaxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

mozattack wrote: »
    Out of pure curiousity and genuine interest, what are you excited about come 29th Nov?

I honestly see nothing there (apart from 1 game!) which is in any way shape or form next gen. KZ looks pretty but it is a bog standard shooter.

Well, I would not trust reviews much now. they calling bog standard shooter Killzone and at the same time Ghost gets better reviews for doing Copy/Paste with horrible optimisation too.

To answer your question about 29th:

I cant wait for that new box under my TV, that new console smell, that awesome new controller. I am always excited about Playstation launch, even if I am 90% Pc gamer for years and years.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

For you it will be.

For me? Not a chance dude, Greatness Awaits!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

New toy beside my tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

The next generation of consoles and games......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

For me I'm looking forward to having a console that will produce better visual fidelity and graphics, with a much improved framerate. I've hardly played by PS3 the last 12 months outside of exclusive titles because when you play on PC @1080p60 it's just hard to go back to something much less.

Battlefield 4 looks like it will be a good title on PS4 compared to current gen with its smaller maps and player count. Having played it on the PC it will keep me going for a while until newer titles appear.

The library is only going to get bigger over the next few months and the features + services will improve too I'm sure. Look at the PS3 when it launched. You had to quit the game you were actually playing to read a message you received.

The biggest built-in feature I am looking forward to on day one is just being able to remote play the games through the Vita. That looks really impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Vorrtexx wrote: »

The biggest built-in feature I am looking forward to on day one is just being able to remote play the games through the Vita. That looks really impressive.

Its locked at 30FPS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

srumball wrote: »
    Its locked at 30FPS

who cares its on remote play!!, its 30 frames more then nothing if your wife is hounding you to get off the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Game stop on Henry Street has a demo kiosk setup. Didn't get to play didn't have time and another dude was playing fifa but got to hold the controller which is fits pretty nice. Ds4 is smaller than I thought. Fifa looked sharp as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Help please:

I am demoting my PS3 to the sitting room which isn't a HD tv. Can anyone please be ever so kind and send me a link on the cable I need to connect the PS3 (slim) to the TV please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

They have a kiosk in GameStop Henry street (Dublin) I played the first half of a match between Real Madrid and Barcelona on FIFA.
    It was a cagey affair with both sides playing rather tentative football with the only clear chance coming late in the half when Barcelona(me) had a goal denied by the cross bar. All square at the break and all still to play for in the second half.

PS The controller feels great such an improvement on dual shock 3. I'm kinda sorry I had a go cause the next two weeks are gonna be torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-179.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I like your style

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Trigg171 wrote: »
    Game stop on Henry Street has a demo kiosk setup. Didn't get to play didn't have time and another dude was playing fifa l
    weiland79 wrote: »
    They have a kiosk in GameStop Henry street (Dublin) I played the first half of a match between Real Madrid and Barcelona on FIFA.

Were you the other dude Weiland?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Klair88 wrote: »
    Were you the other dude Weiland?:D

Whoa! Spooky!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Heh probably was think the match was real v barca an all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Help please:

I am demoting my PS3 to the sitting room which isn't a HD tv. Can anyone please be ever so kind and send me a link on the cable I need to connect the PS3 (slim) to the TV please?

One of these should do. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/AV-Video-Audio-Cable-for-SONY-Playstation-2-3-PS2-PS3-/380741152315?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item58a5f0ee3b

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I was really impressed with the controller when I got to try it out in Gamestop yesterday. I found the DS3 to be absolutely ****e and so the DS4 was my biggest fear when considering the PS4 - but fair play to Sony they've pretty much nailed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Help please:

Amazon have them,get a scart adaptor for the 3 cable ends also.Only a couple of euro for the lot.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ps3%20cable%20to%20tv&sprefix=ps3+cabl%2Caps%2C198

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rgb+scart+adapter&sprefix=rgb+sc%2Caps%2C160&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Argb+scart+adapter

Anybody see the pics of the OXO building in London being lit up in the Playstion logo?

article-2507469-196B09A000000578-447_964x575.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

This is a nice UI video from Sony.

At 7:20 it shows the playroom trophies, and some DLC for it, "Toy Maker" and "My Alien Buddy" but I cant find any info online about these :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

srumball wrote: »
    Its locked at 30FPS

I don't see that as a problem personally for a 5 inch screen.
    I don't think any of my existing games for vita run natively at 60fps either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Just saw on Giant Bomb comments that it seems like the new Uncharted it is a prequel, but it's not Nathan Drake, it's Sir Francis Drake. Naughty Dog have only referred to 'Drake' never mentioning Nathan, and the island in the map relates to the Libertalia and Francis Drake. It was a pirate haven, the island, or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Just saw on Giant Bomb comments that it seems like the new Uncharted it is a prequel, but it's not Nathan Drake, it's Sir Francis Drake. Naughty Dog have only referred to 'Drake' never mentioning Nathan, and the island in the map relates to the Libertalia and Francis Drake. It was a pirate haven, the island, or something like that.

Crap.. after just saying I doubt it's a prequel :P

Now that I think about it, wasn't there a TLoU blog where we saw some pirate like Art Assets?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Also I'm delighted I didn't stay up to watch that PS4 event... I wasn't expecting a lot but the games revealed etc was pretty average.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

NotorietyH wrote: »

Not old Drake

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/15/analyzing-the-uncharted-ps4-trailer-pirates-pirate-colonies-treasure-henry-every-and-libertatia/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I see there is a new Netflix version now when I log into the US version on my PS3, far nicer then the old it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jaffusmax wrote: »
    I see there is a new Netflix version now when I log into the US version on my PS3, far nicer then the old it is!

Got a new feature on the Android app, I got a update in the notification of new content added.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, the new Netflix is much nicer and quicker, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Asscred black flag will be 1080p and have improved anti-aliasing with a day one patch: http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-in-native-1080p-on-playstation-4/

Sooo it's gonna look even better then we have already seen :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement