Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Sorry if this has been answered before but what is the internet browser like on the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well its not internet explorer, so probably pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Xenji wrote: »
    Looks very good.

Looks amazing to be honest.

MGS, brings back some memories... poor Sniper Fox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

so ive played the PS4 in gamestop on henry street today. they have a kiosk with a fifa14 demo

i have to say..the controller is fantastic! i wasnt sure about the small concaved thumbsticks for the first few minutes but it got familiar very quickly. the triggers are so good to use. pity i couldnt tyr them on a shooter. the controller feels so natural in my hands. the familiarness of the dualshock 3 with added improvements.

10/10 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

CombatCow wrote: »
    Asscred black flag will be 1080p and have improved anti-aliasing with a day one patch: http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-in-native-1080p-on-playstation-4/

Sooo it's gonna look even better then we have already seen :eek:

Question: Are title updates region locked?

I'm getting Black Flag from Video Games Plus so I'm curious.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't imagine so, to my knowledge on the ps3 they never were so I don't see why they should start now.

Good stuff. So only the DLC might be region locked?

Sorry for the noob questions but I'm converting from the MS to Sony for next gen, no idea how the PS3 operates. :D

It was on the ps3 yeah, hopefully it wont be the case this time, but we cant be sure atm. :)

Good stuff thanks.

Used love picking up 360 games from Play Asia and the like, particularly in the early days when there was a big difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Thinking of ordering Battlefield 4 from WOWHD for €50 as it seems it'll be a lot cheaper than most shops, but will I get it on the Friday or would it be the next week? Basically, when are they "allowed" to dispatch the games? Are they released early here like they were in the US?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Thinking of ordering Battlefield 4 from WOWHD for €50 as it seems it'll be a lot cheaper than most shops, but will I get it on the Friday or would it be the next week? Basically, when are they "allowed" to dispatch the games? Are they released early here like they were in the US?

They're notoriously slow on delivery. I'd say there's not a hope you'd have it on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I cant seem to find out if the China rising pack comes with the game from WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I cant seem to find out if the China rising pack comes with the game from WOW.

Saw someone on Twitter ask and apparently it doesn't - for XBOX anyway.

Would Amazon have it to me by the Friday do you think?

I got gta and other games early with this method: You could have it friday or saturday if you use amazon.co.uk and parcel motel, amazon have free first class shipping for game pre-orders so you just pay the 3.50 parcel motel delivery cost. All this depends on when amazon actually dispatch the game really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks good so far. I was wondering where are NFs reviews, they did said it is coming out with ps4 launch.

No PSN coupon in the european PS4 boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks good so far. I was wondering where are NFs reviews, they did said it is coming out with ps4 launch.

Yeah it is out in the US today and the 29th here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

tut tut tut.

Sony haven't changed quite so much it seems, hopefully xbox will compete as I still hate the idea of a dominant sony, competition is what's best for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Absolutely loved the controller, very light but sturdy and feels natural in your hand, the triggers and analogue sticks are greatly improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    With the import deposit pre-paid and global priority shipping (said "get it Tue 19th"), it works out around the same price as amazon.co.uk and I will probably get it earlier.

Shipped out this afternoon and my bank was charged €390.17. The amazon UK order will come to about €420. It's mad that it worked out cheaper from the US, with priority shipping and the import taxes included.

Should have put all this in the pre-order thread. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Oat23 wrote: »
    Shipped out this afternoon and my bank was charged €390.17. The amazon UK order will come to about €420. It's mad that it worked out cheaper from the US, with priority shipping and the import taxes included.

Should have put all this in the pre-order thread. Sorry!
    What if you get hit with customs though?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

e_e wrote: »
    What if you get hit with customs though?

It's all paid for already, like oat23 said in his post :pac:

when will it arrive? lucky fecker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

MarkY91 wrote: »
    when will it arrive? lucky fecker :P

Says Tuesday, but DHL is the delivery company and from past experience with them it is usually a day longer for delivery to the wesht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got these there is the post today

BZIdTjZCEAAc9R3.jpg

LoL going to be looking at me for 2 weeks while i wait for my PS4 to come on the 29th :(

Got these there is the post today

BZIdTjZCEAAc9R3.jpg

LoL going to be looking at me for 2 weeks while i wait for my PS4 to come on the 29th :(

i currently have ghosts. got assassins creed currently in the post :D

was in gamestop today and the shop assistant sold some guy a copy of ghosts on ps4 so i think theyre on sale in ireland now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Kinda bummed about the lack of DLNA support from Day 1. Luckily if you use Plex, you should be able to access your stuff via the browser & Plex Web Interface

• Advertisement

I used the DS4 in gamestop today, hot dam it feels so good, the grippyness and the triggers and sticks feel fantastic, gonna check it out again tomorrow. Also dat touchpad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement