Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Giant Bomb are doing a launch day live stream, just started

link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

EA are blaming PS4 Patch 1.50 for malfunctioning consoles, this is from EA support page. Lets hope it is sorted before 29th Nove, thx again Murcia for Beta Testing!

https://help.ea.com/article/sony-playstation-4-update-1-5-instability

Sony has released a firmware update for the PlayStation 4 that is required for many features on the console. However, this update also results in stability issues while playing games on the system.

This affects all games on the PS4, including EA titles, causing crashing/freezing and non-responsive connections between the player's console and their TV Screen.

Unfortunately since it's an issue with Sony's firmware, it requires a new update to fix it. Sony is working to resolve the issue as quickly as they can. They will update their System Update page as new versions are made available, and we will keep this page updated as we find out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Any idea how the ingame chat is on the ps4 in comparison to ps3 or x360

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It works exactly like the 360 and not the PS3 way. 8 people party mode can be set up and players can be playing anything or doing anything yet still onthe same channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

CombatCow wrote: »
    I used the DS4 in gamestop today, hot dam it feels so good, the grippyness and the triggers and sticks feel fantastic, gonna check it out again tomorrow. Also dat touchpad!
    Same here, although I had more fun just holding the controller for the first time than playing the demo for Knack. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It is disappointing to hear so many stories of faulty PS4s. Hopefully it is just a case of those that have issues are being vocal about it and the real number is not significant.

And at least they have two weeks to iron out any firmware issues before the release here.
    Question: Are title updates region locked?

I'm getting Black Flag from Video Games Plus so I'm curious.

On the off chance it was you would just have to create a different account from that region.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I've not read many stories, the ones I have seen have been referencing the same consoles though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It works exactly like the 360 and not the PS3 way. 8 people party mode can be set up and players can be playing anything or doing anything yet still onthe same channel.

It also works with the Vita.

I've not read many stories, the ones I have seen have been referencing the same consoles though.

Plenty of people talking about issues to their consoles in the PS4 thread on NeoGAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I mean the quality of ingame voice chat
    like skype on the pc compared to chat on previous consoles
    Whats the ps4 chat quality

• Advertisement

jaffusmax wrote: »
    EA are blaming PS4 Patch 1.50 for malfunctioning consoles, this is from EA support page. Lets hope it is sorted before 29th Nove, thx again Murcia for Beta Testing!

https://help.ea.com/article/sony-playstation-4-update-1-5-instability

Sony has released a firmware update for the PlayStation 4 that is required for many features on the console. However, this update also results in stability issues while playing games on the system.

This affects all games on the PS4, including EA titles, causing crashing/freezing and non-responsive connections between the player's console and their TV Screen.

Unfortunately since it's an issue with Sony's firmware, it requires a new update to fix it. Sony is working to resolve the issue as quickly as they can. They will update their System Update page as new versions are made available, and we will keep this page updated as we find out more.

EA have since retracted that statement. I wonder if they had an angry call from some Sony executives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

EA have since retracted that statement. I wonder if they had an angry call from some Sony executives.

The plot thickens!!!

Anyone watching the Giantbomb stream?

They are testing out the playing a game while installing. It is working really well in my opinion. They are playing NBA 2k14 and they are given two teams to play with as the rest of the game installs. A couple of the crew don't seem to like it, they rather just have a full install and play the complete game. Personally I think it is a great idea to be able to just mess around rather than stare at a progress bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

UPDATE (4:01pm) - This afternoon, EA put up a blog post blaming the PS4's day-one firmware update for "stability issues" affecting games on the new console. Now they're saying that was a mistake.

"The message on EA's Help site was posted in error," an EA representative said in an e-mail to Kotaku. "Players with questions about PS4 connectivity can visit https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/de... for the latest updates."

http://kotaku.com/ps4-day-one-update-is-breaking-things-ea-says-1465358622

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Similar to the PS3's chat lobby, the PS4 allows you to be in a few parties at once.

Probably users asking were EA also blaming Sony's firmware for why the game can barley stay on for 1 game before crashing on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

RasTa wrote: »

I had sound volume at minimum being afraid it's one of those scary videos where at the end some scary image appears .. but this red light is also sad ..

I'm sure retailers have few spare ones handy to exchange broken ones so should be quick.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

198321 wrote: »

I'm sure retailers have few spare ones handy to exchange broken ones so should be quick.

They most certainly will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

I'm sure retailers have few spare ones handy to exchange broken ones so should be quick.[/quote]

As far as I know retailers won't get involved if you've a problem, it'll have to be dealt with by Sony directly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Very interesting results from ign testing the stock, hybrid drive and ssd: http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PlayStation_4_Hard_Drive_Speed_Test_Comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Some blue light issue now effecting the Ps4 according to IGN:(
    http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Blue_Light_Problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Some blue light issue now effecting the Ps4 according to IGN:(
    http://ie.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Blue_Light_Problem

A guy in the comment section, evildp , seems to have posted a fix to the mentioned problems. Everyone else seems to be thanking him.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    A guy in the comment section, evildp , seems to have posted a fic to the mentioned problems. Everyone else seems to be thanking him.

I'm saving that off just in case I need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Didn't think I'd be getting it at launch but Lego Marvel looks quite fun from what I've seen of it on the Giant Bomb stream. Might fill the void left by Knack in my launch game list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

After about 6-7 hours of interrupted gameplay, and I dont recommend games usually as my taste generally is quite wide and varied but having played, NFSR, KZ, FIFA, Trine2, resogun I'd have to say for sheer fun and gameplay I'd have to say resogun and Trine 2 and my 2 fav titles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

They most certainly will not.

almost 50 people queued up at a store near me this morning without preorders, every one of them got a ps4

across the road from that store at walmart for a midnight opening 150 people without preorders got consoles, and they still had some left over

there are spares, not many, but there are spares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

wcarey1975 wrote: »
    After about 6-7 hours of interrupted gameplay, and I dont recommend games usually as my taste generally is quite wide and varied but having played, NFSR, KZ, FIFA, Trine2, resogun I'd have to say for sheer fun and gameplay I'd have to say resogun and Trine 2 and my 2 fav titles.

resogun is incredible fun alright. spent a good while on it there today. took me a while to figure things out, and im still not there, but i think im getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

COYVB wrote: »
    resogun is incredible fun alright. spent a good while on it there today. took me a while to figure things out, and im still not there, but i think im getting it

I need to read the instructions I keep losing humans and dont get a headsup before hand and it's pi$$ing me off. Best I got so far was one dying right before the end boss battle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

wcarey1975 wrote: »

How'd you find killzone? Getting that and battlefield I think

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    almost 50 people queued up at a store near me this morning without preorders, every one of them got a ps4

across the road from that store at walmart for a midnight opening 150 people without preorders got consoles, and they still had some left over

there are spares, not many, but there are spares

My comment was in reference to the post saying that there would be stock allocated specifically for faulty units, which wouldn't be the case.

Besides that, you're in the states dude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement