Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Yep, and that's going to fix everything in the many thousands of units already sitting in warehouses throughout Europe.:)

The failure rate so far is something like 0.04% or is that 0.4%. Run the numbers and that is amazing for a first batch run.

I can handle a dodgy PS4 what I cannot is sloppy customer service. I hope SONY have all hands on deck if we require their assistance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Overheating reports are a bit worrying, but we dont know exact cases.

I bet people still love to jam in consoles in enclosed undertelly shelves, where it breaths its own hot air and dust.
    I really doubt Sony did not do proper testing on temps PS4 has to work on.

The minority experiencing issues will be always be dramatically louder than those who aren't experiencing any at all.

Upgrading my iPhone there and reading up on it you'd think feck all of them actually work properly between everything that's reported wrong.

The xbox will go through the same process too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think I'm gonna sign up for plus for the year,Just gotta find a spare 50 euro now lol :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yoshida San was invited to give a quick one word pitch about future PS4 games from internal studios. These were his answers:
    While this sequence was largely overlooked, there appeared to be hints to four of its impending games. Following the appearance of Guerrilla Games’ logo, the Sony executive indicated that fans should expect something “epic”. Rumours suggest that, in addition to Killzone: Shadow Fall, the Dutch developer has been busy producing a role-playing game, and that would certainly fit the bill.
    Meanwhile, Yoshida mentioned that Media Molecule’s next title is “extraordinary”, and that he’s too scared to say anything about Sony Santa Monica’s next endeavour, which is rumoured to be set in outer-space. The most interesting comment pertained to Syphon Filter developer Sony Bend, however, when the likeable executive pointed out that players should prepare to “panic”.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/11/yoshida_sony_bends_ps4_game_will_make_you_panic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Thanks America

bo0ofsx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Don't think they have time to change much in 2 weeks .. we are getting same hardware as US

and amazon.com PS4:

5 star .. 426
    4 star .. 33
    3 star .. 15
    2 star .. 17
    1 star .. 293

that doesn't look good at all ..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

198321 wrote: »
    Don't think they have time to change much in 2 weeks .. we are getting same hardware as US

and amazon.com PS4:

5 star .. 426
    4 star .. 33
    3 star .. 15
    2 star .. 17
    1 star .. 293

It looked similar enough before it was even released, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Well amazon.co.uk doesn't allow you to review it before it's released
    This item has not been released yet and is not eligible to be reviewed.

so I though .com is the same ..

so many people are complaining about console not working.

But on the other hand most people that are OK aren't going to post a review and are playing instead.

I would also not give it 5 stars unless it's working for at least a week without issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭Evade

and amazon.com PS4:

5 star .. 426
    4 star .. 33
    3 star .. 15
    2 star .. 17
    1 star .. 293

I would think that most of the 1 stars are people over-reacting to the smallest inconveniences.

Quite a few people are complaining about how their package came from Amazon, they hardly put any padding in it and nothing for the bottom.

vmoPkLH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Hardly gonna fit in a Parcel Motel either. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Evade wrote: »
    I would think that most of the 1 stars are people over-reacting to the smallest inconveniences.

They're not giving one star reviews because it wobbles; you should at least read them first. Most are amazon verified purchases saying that the console wont work at all (the inspired "blue light of death") and that customer services wont help.

I don't want to come home with one praying "please work, please work, please work".

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

anyone know if i can trade in my ps3 version of Fifa 14 anywhere and swap it for a ps4 version with 10/15 euro? I heard you can do this in certain stores, but may need a receipt to prove you bought the ps3 version of fifa 14 in their store in order to be allowed to swap ? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

united2k11 wrote: »
    anyone know if i can trade in my ps3 version of Fifa 14 anywhere and swap it for a ps4 version with 10/15 euro? I heard you can do this in certain stores, but may need a receipt to prove you bought the ps3 version of fifa 14 in their store in order to be allowed to swap ? :/

with receipt and traded in (for ps4 version) within 30 days of purchase. (Gamestop)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

e_e wrote: »

My Wii U fit in a medium motel box. That was just the Wii U basically just wrapped in plastic when I got it from Asda.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

I ordered my ps4 from zavvi. I have it being shipped to a large parcel motel box. It better fit..or else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Dono about parcel motel for the ps4 from Amazon! when i got the ps3 slim from them you could have put 4 ps3's in the bloody box. That's how big the feckin boxis they put the console in.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Will games ordered for the ps4 from videogameplus.ca work in ireland... Is there anything else I should be aware of I.e dlc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

united2k11 wrote: »
    I ordered my ps4 from zavvi. I have it being shipped to a large parcel motel box. It better fit..or else!

I'm sure they can squeeze it in!

7j5a.jpg

ccull123 wrote: »
    Will games ordered for the ps4 from videogameplus.ca work in ireland... Is there anything else I should be aware of I.e dlc etc?

Yeah they will, we are not sure about the DLC yet, but there are ways around it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

e_e wrote: »

I don't think a bundle will fit into a PM box - a console on its own will.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Dono about parcel motel for the ps4 from Amazon! when i got the ps3 slim from them you could have put 4 ps3's in the bloody box. That's how big the feckin boxis they put the console in.

Amazon barely but any form of padding in the for the US consoles, so you could fit about 8 in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

and amazon.com PS4:

5 star .. 426
    4 star .. 33
    3 star .. 15
    2 star .. 17
    1 star .. 293

So Amazon only sold 800 consoles? I've never written a review and guessing about 10% do so wouldn't pay any attention to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

smyths carrickmines have ps4 on display with fifa 14, looks pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

CastorTroy wrote: »
    My Wii U fit in a medium motel box. That was just the Wii U basically just wrapped in plastic when I got it from Asda.

Maybe contact amazon CS before it ships and ask/tell them not to put it in a box bigger than parcel motel's max box size: 41 x 38 x 64cm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Got to play 2 games of Fifa on the PS4 kiosk in Gamestop and then HMV, both Henry street. The controller feels great, vast improvement over the DS3. The triggers are a huge improvement over the current design, they have done an excellent job. Touchpad wasn't really used in Fifa, but it felt great to touch and was easy to click. A nice addition.

I was just coming back from the Xbox One event, and while I do think the Xbox controller is still better, both controllers are so good they shouldn't be a factor in which console you get.

I also played Fifa on the Xbox One, and it looked identical to the PS4 version. I would say the PS4 looked slightly sharper, but that could easily be down to the different TV's.

Oh, and the console itself is bigger than I had expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

F1ngers wrote: »
    I don't think a bundle will fit into a PM box - a console on its own will.
    Really? I'm just getting the action pack from Amazon and surely the 2 extra blu-ray boxes can't make much of a difference.

Besides the top lockers are pretty tall in Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Are all these reviews on Amazon legit about it being "dead on arrival" or is this just some negative publicity campaign by somebody haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Aspiring wrote: »
    Are all these reviews on Amazon legit about it being "dead on arrival" or is this just some negative publicity campaign by somebody haha.

If they're verified purchases then yeah, they're most likely legit.

But don't be worried, it's expected to have some amount of failures for new electronics and the people having problems are always louder than the majority of people not having problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I knew there would be broken systems it always happens at the launch of a new system but the thread over on the US Playstation forum is worrying all 66 pages of it though Sony Centre are replacing DOA units
    http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Broken-PlayStation-4-Systems/m-p/42122503#U42122503

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement