Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm still not really worried, there's no point being worried without actual data representing all PS4's sold since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stuart085

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    I knew there would be broken systems it always happens at the launch of a new system but the thread over on the US Playstation forum is worrying all 66 pages of it though Sony Centre are replacing DOA units
    http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/Broken-PlayStation-4-Systems/m-p/42122503#U42122503

Its a very small percentage compared to the amount of people without issues

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

e_e wrote: »
    Really? I'm just getting the action pack from Amazon and surely the 2 extra blu-ray boxes can't make much of a difference.

Besides the top lockers are pretty tall in Parcel Motel.

It depends on how they package it - That picture from earlier may not fit in a PM slot.

parcelmotel1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

anyone know what is the difference between NBA 2k14 and NBA live 2k14?

united2k11 wrote: »

NBA 2K14 and NBA Live 14 - 2 completely different games.

2K14 is done by 2K sports and Live is done by EA.

The 2K basketball games have been great the last few years and I expect it to be better than live.

2K14 wins in the graphics department anyway.

2K14

NBA Live

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I am tempted to Buy nba,christ that looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gibreel

Damn...worried about amazon delivering my ps4 to Parcel Motel now. drama!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Gibreel wrote: »
    Damn...worried about amazon delivering my ps4 to Parcel Motel now. drama!

I love how your account was started 8 years ago and you chose this time, to make your first post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

To put it simply. 2K is great and Live is sh*te. There is absolutely no reason why someone should buy Live instead of 2K. It is not like FIFA and Pro Evo. 2K does everything better and Kyrie Irving should be embarrassed to be on the cover of Live. I'm sure the money he got for it makes him feel better though ;)

Edit: Just checked my tracking, not long left..yay :D.
    GjYsPZ6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Gibreel

ah...nothing to worry about! yay!

'What happens if the item I have ordered is oversized and does not fit into a Parcel Motel locker?

We will notify you by SMS text and Email to let you know if your parcel does not fit into one of the lockers and ask you to collect at our National Distribution Centre in Finglas or to contact us to make alternative arrangements, which include an option to collect at any of our other Nightline Depots (at no extra charge) and onward delivery. Additional Charges may apply for onward delivery. Please refer to our prices explanation page for more information. Please do not call to Finglas to collect an item until you have received the SMS notification text.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

Anyone want to hazard a guess as too how much I'd get from gamestop or smyths for trading in an unopened Killzone on release day, getting a bundle and it's not my kind of game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DaveyLad wrote: »
    Anyone want to hazard a guess as too how much I'd get from gamestop or smyths for trading in an unopened Killzone on release day, getting a bundle and it's not my kind of game?

Next to nothing, as there's more Killzone bundles and mega bundles than there are solo consoles which means that there's not many who'd buy it as most already have it.

They might not even take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Watched a live stream of NBA Live and it looked horrible, 2k14 is the way to go, only game I have pre ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

crazy how resogun is outscoring many blockbuster games in various reviews XD

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

Xenji wrote: »
    Watched a live stream of NBA Live and it looked horrible, 2k14 is the way to go, only game I have pre ordered.

Me too, 2k14 is one of the games I'm most looking forward 2, looks amazing, makes live 14 look like a ps2 game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MarkY91 wrote: »

It is the game I am most looking forward to along with Trine 2, it is gonna be so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Xenji wrote: »
    It is the game I am most looking forward to along with Trine 2, it is gonna be so addictive.

until recently, it looked like another lame arcade game but im actually now dying to play it. trine 2 looks cool too along with contrast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I think it was quite expected though. A lot of good vibes coming from that game since the Summer with not much competition (exclusively at least) I'm so looking forward to that game! I'm also really excited about hearing in-game audio with earphones through the DS4. A small but pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

The games really is amazing and oh soo simple. I play it on remote play pretty much any time the TV is being used by the rest of the family just cant get enough of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stuart085

So NBA 2k14 is made by 2K Games and NBA is their only games title. NBA Live 14 is an EA game using the same new Ignite game engine as FIFA and Madden, so expect excellent graphics and physics realism, not to mention Ultimate Team modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,303 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Stuart085 wrote: »
    So NBA 2k14 is made by 2K Games and NBA is their only games title. NBA Live 14 is an EA game using the same new Ignite game engine as FIFA and Madden, so expect excellent graphics and physics realism, not to mention Ultimate Team modes.

50centdriving.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not going to link to it as it's very suspect but some rumours emerging due to a Chinese post which claim it was foxconn interns sabotaging the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

2k put love into those NBA games. E.A? Reskin and show me the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Iv asked amazon about the packaging for the ps4:

Hello,

From your email, I understand that you want to know the dimension of PS4 packaging once it is shipped.

To properly check on the size of the item during delivery, we’ll need to carry out a physical check of the item in our Fulfilment Centre.

I’ve requested that someone from our Fulfilment Team checks our inventory of PS4 and advise them to provide us with information regarding your query.

We’ll get back to you within 48 hours with an update on this. This would be the maximum time that we would ask you to wait.

I hope this helps. We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,

I'll let ye know what they say when they get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,777 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If it can live up to Super Stardust HD then I won't be too surprised. That game is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I realise this may have been asked/answered somewhere in this thread, but does anyone know if I have a chance of getting a PS4 on launch day anywhere without a pre-order? Say if I was first in line at the launch, any chance at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

What if 20 people in a town get parcel motel deliveries and only 8 large compartments ? Fun fun fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

martyos121 wrote: »
    I realise this may have been asked/answered somewhere in this thread, but does anyone know if I have a chance of getting a PS4 on launch day anywhere without a pre-order? Say if I was first in line at the launch, any chance at all?

Not at midnight launch, not at any of the major retailers. Your only chance would be to be first in line at argos/tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not at midnight launch, not at any of the major retailers. Your only chance would be to be first in line at argos/tesco.

Cheers, never thought of that, might give Tesco a look on release day. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Damn, now I want the basketball game. The good one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement