Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,853 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Chris smoove is doing lets play videos of nba 2k14 on nect gen, gas a few videos up already, looks class but im interested in seeing how ea handle their game after being in a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sony announced 1million ps4's were sold within the first 24 hours in North America.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/11/17/playstation-4-sales-pass-1-million-in-north-america

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My NBA 2k14 is being shipped from amazon.com, I will just get to stare at it for weeks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

What games is everyone getting?

My only definites are FIFA and NBA 2k14.

Also contemplating Assassins Creed, Ghosts or Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Nemanja91 wrote: »

I've ordered BF4 & Need for Speed. They are coming from VGP so fingers crossed they arrive before the 29th. I have PS+ too so will definitely check out Resogun & Contrast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaveyLad

Have Fifa and Assasins Creed ordered and will get NBA2k14 over Xmas, probably end up getting Madden aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Fifa 14
    Battlefield 4
    Assassins Creed black flag (shipped vgp)
    Killzone (megabundle)
    Call of duty (staring at me and cant play it for 2 more weeks)

Black flag
    Battlefield 4
    Killzone
    Knack
    Need for speed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm getting Killzone with the console so far. Thinking of getting BF4 and AC4 too. Trying to find games on gamestop's trade in list so I can upgrade them through the PSN store for a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Killzone
    Knack
    COD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Killzone bundle
    ac4

Would love to get fifa 14 but I want to get plus so its one or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just Killzone with the bundle and NBA 2k14 now, will be getting most if not all of the PSN games as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

BF4 & FIFA (skipped last two years in protest)

Varik wrote: »
    Not going to link to it as it's very suspect but some rumours emerging due to a Chinese post which claim it was foxconn interns sabotaging the PS4.

Reckon the IGN thread is safe enough http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/foxconn-intern-student-in-yantai-china-claimed-to-make-bad-ps4-consoles-thee-months-ago.453522435/, it is picking up pace now, just do not tell the XB1 fanboys that their consoles were made there as well using the same workers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd rather they broke the consoles than jump off the roof. That place must be awful to work, which makes me feel bad about buying stuff made there.

For.. a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'd rather they broke the consoles than jump off the roof. That place must be awful to work, which makes me feel bad about buying stuff made there.

For.. a bit.

Work is work. The buildings have armed guards and high fences not to keep people in but to keep the hoards of people try to get in to work out.

I don't believe that Ign article for a second. It could easily a Chinese person who it an activist against Foxconn using this as a ploy to get the spotlight back on Foxconn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

When will we know for sure if we buy say Fifa 14 from Canada and use it at home in Ireland that it will be able to download any new updates/DLC no problem?

MuddyDog wrote: »
    When will we know for sure if we buy say Fifa 14 from Canada and use it at home in Ireland that it will be able to download any new updates/DLC no problem?

Probably not untill the console is released over here and somebody tries to do it, that or if somebody gives Shu a tweet about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Killzone+AC and the psn games. Have a 1TB hard drive ordered and that's me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Grayditch wrote: »

For.. a bit.

Well said! I lived in China for some time and they are great kind generous folk though I have seen the dark side too, the poor that work in terrible conditions hundreds of miles from their families just to scrap enough to get by and only get home once a year!

Saying that those students that may be disgruntled are the lucky ones getting an education and will not be chained to a production line for the rest of their lives like the full time labourers will be!

It is good that we think about where are products come from and at what cost they were produced!

Saying that we have JobBridge here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Xenji wrote: »
    Reckon the IGN thread is safe enough http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/foxconn-intern-student-in-yantai-china-claimed-to-make-bad-ps4-consoles-thee-months-ago.453522435/, it is picking up pace now, just do not tell the XB1 fanboys that their consoles were made there as well using the same workers ;)

I don't think the Xbox one was made by those students. From what I could gather it was only the ps4 they were working on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Bit of a PSN/Playstation Plus noob question here.

I'm not on psn as the last Sony console I owned was the PS2.

If I get a PS4 and sign up for PSN and plus on the console am I still entitled to Resogun and Contrast or is that only for existing members?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Bit of a PSN/Playstation Plus noob question here.

I'm not on psn as the last Sony console I owned was the PS2.

If I get a PS4 and sign up for PSN and plus on the console am I still entitled to Resogun and Contrast or is that only for existing members?

No you get it all once you sign up. You don't have to be a pre-existing member at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ghosts, assassins creed, killzone.

after launch.. need for speed, fifa14.

then all the free games :D

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I don't think the Xbox one was made by those students. From what I could gather it was only the ps4 they were working on.

They are making 10 percent of them.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130904PD219.html

I'll have killzone in the bundle I bought. I have battlefield 4 paid off since yesterday. I might get assassins creed as well, but battlefield is what I'll be playing most of the time.

Not to shabby :pac:

Played Knack in Gamestop today for about 10 mins, was pretty good, didn't blow my mind but it looks enjoyable, it's something to play with the wife anyway, she can be roboknack :P .The controller is still lovely, cant wait to get everything on the 29th. T-12 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

Getting Killzone and Fifa 14 . I dont know what else to get - either nba 2k14, cod ghosts or BF4. hmmm......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

I'm getting the Killzone bundle plus:

Knack
    Need For Speed Rivals
    Call Of Duty Ghosts

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement